11th April 2017, 04:22 PM
Xuman Das

Am I eligible to apply for CDA exam for IMA while doing 3rd year of graduation?

Sir, Actually I am a science student and I am complete my graduation.. Now I am in 4th semester.. Month of may I am clear 4th semester examination. When am complete my 4th semester examination then am reach the last year of graduation. Then can I appear CDA exam for IMA ?

11th April 2017, 10:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDA exam for IMA while doing 3rd year of graduation?

Yes, final year graduation candidates are eligible to apply for Combined Defence Services examination. CDS examination is conducted by UPSC twice every year. Selection of candidates for following academies is done through CDS:

>>Indian Military Academy.

>>Officer's Training Academy.

>>Indian Naval Academy.

>>Air Force Academy.

The age limit for CDS IMA is 19-24 years. In case of CDS exam, both unmarried male and female candidates can apply for CDS examination. The first stage of CDS exam is written test and Service Selection Board.

For any more details about this exam, visit http://www.upsc.gov.in.
12th April 2017, 08:17 AM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDA exam for IMA while doing 3rd year of graduation?

No, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination for joining IMA while doing 3rd year of graduation. To be eligible to apply for CDS examination, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course or an equivalent examination from a Government recognized university. Since, you have not passed your Bachelor's degree course, you are not eligible to apply for CDS examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?