31st December 2015, 04:55 PM
ABHI_2020

Am I eligible to apply for CLAT exam after pursuing B.Com coruse?

I am pursuing B.com. it is likly to be complited on 2016-17.i want to give CLAT exme,can i do so. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for writing the CLAT exam? Can you please give me the information on this? Awaiting for the answer.

31st December 2015, 06:41 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CLAT exam after pursuing B.Com coruse?

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and it conducted for admission of candidates in Law courses.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination to get admission in bachelor course. Candidates passed 10+2 from any recognised board with 45% are eligible to appear for examination.

Maximum age limit to appear for examination is 20 years. For more information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
31st December 2015, 06:45 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. CLAT is entrance exam for bachelor's degree in law conducted by National Law University of India. For this exam, you should have done 10+2 from a recognized board with at least 45% marks in 10+2.

The upper age limit for general and OBC category candidates is 20 years on 1st August of year of exam. For SC/ST candidates it is 22 years.

After doing bachelor's degree in commerce if you meet age criteria then you can apply for examination. You can visit www.clat.ac.in for any further information.
31st December 2015, 06:59 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. The eligibility criteria for this examination is as below:

>>10+2 passed or appearing from a recognized board. In 10+2, you must have 45% marks if you belong to general or OBC category and 40% for SC/ST candidate.

>>Age limit: 20 years for general and OBC candidates and 22 years for SC/ST candidates.

If you satisfy the above two criteria, academic and age criteria then you can apply for this exam. The online application for CLAT 2016 begins from 1st January, 2016. After that you can apply for http://www.clat.ac.in
31st December 2015, 07:07 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and as the name suggests it is an entrance examination held for admission in the National Law Universities ( NLU's ) for law courses i.e; LLB or LLM.

--> Basic educational qualification required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* For undergraduate law course i.e; Bachelor of Legislative Law ( LLB ) you must have completed your higher secondary school degree or any equivalent degree course with a minimum of 45% marks ( in case of SC/ST or PH category it must be not less than 40% ) with any discipline from a recognized institute. Students pursuing their final year of same degree course are also eligible.

* For postgraduate law course i.e; Master of Legislative law ( LLM ), you must have either completed your bachelor of legislative law degree with a minimum of or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline from a recognized university.

So being a bachelor of commerce degree pursuer you are eligible for appearing in CLAT as there in no upper age limit for appearing in CLAT as per the new circular.

For more updates and details about the same you can log on to the official link of CLAT i.e; www.clat.ac.in.
31st December 2015, 07:13 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABHI_2020 View Post
I am pursuing B.com. it is likly to be complited on 2016-17.i want to give CLAT exme,can i do so. What is the minimum eligibility criteria required for writing the CLAT exam? Can you please give me the information on this? Awaiting for the answer.
- Candidate pursuing B.Com course are not eligible for CLAT 2016 examination as according to the CLAT norms the educational qualification which is required in order to pursue Post Graduate program under Law institution is LL.B degree with 55% minimum (50% in case of SC/ST category).

- If you are interested for Under Graduate program then yes, you can apply for CLAT 2016 as for the under Graduate program minimum qualification that is required for doing this course is 10+2 in any stream with 45% minimum (40% incase of SC/ST candidates).

- There is no upper age limit prescribed for appearing in CLAT 2016.

If you have any doubt then you can check in the official page of CLAT for more details : https://www.clat.ac.in/
31st December 2015, 07:41 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test. The eligibility criteria for appearing in the CLAT exam says that the candidate must have passed minimum 12th class from any recognized school/college with minimum of 45% marks. As you have already completed your B.Com, so you are eligible for the CLAT exam. One more thing is that your age must not be more than 20 years at the time of appearing CLAT. There is two years age relaxation for SC/St candidates.
31st December 2015, 07:42 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for Common Law Admission Test:

1. Academic qualification: Minimum 10+2 passed from a recognized board. Candidate must have 45% marks.

2. Age limit: 20 years for general and obc candidates and 22 years for SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for CLAT exam after Bachelor of Commerce.
31st December 2015, 08:00 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

CLAT (Common Law Admission Test) is a Test for the Law students to get admission in a good college or university for the course of Law.
Eligibility:-
Under Graduate Programmes
10+2 exam or equivalent with not less than 45% marks for General and 40% marks for SC/ST and person with disabilities are eligible to apply.

Post-graduate Programme
To be eligible for appearing in the Common Law Admission Test to the two year LL.M Degree course, a candidate should have passed the LL.B/B.L. Degree or any bachelor degree or graduation or equivalent degree from a recognized university with not less than 55% marks in aggregate are eligible to apply. Candidate appearing in the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for the Test. But candidate must have passed the qualifying examination at the time of his/her admission.

Age Criteria
A candidate should be below 23 years of age in case of General Candidates and 25 years in case of SC/ST and person with disability to apply for the exam.
31st December 2015, 08:16 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
No you are not eligible to apply for CLAT after pursuing B.Com. To do LLB you need to be a 12th pass out and for a post graduate degree in law, you need to have a bachelor's degree in law. This is the basic eligibility criteria.

Eligibility for LLB:-
  • You need to be a higher secondary pass out or its equivalent from a recognized board.
  • General category candidates needs 45% of marks in aggregate at 10+2 level.
  • SC/ST category needs 40% of marks in aggregate.
  • Final year students can also apply for this exam.
  • The upper age limit for general category is 20 years and for SC/ST it is 22 years.
Eligibility for LLM:-
  • For LLM degree you need to have a LLB or B.L degree from a recognized university.
  • At graduation level you need to have 55% of marks in aggregate.
  • SC/ST category candidates needs to have 50% of marks.
  • There is no age limit for this course.
31st December 2015, 08:31 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can appear for CLAT examination if you are less than 20 years as per maximum age limit to appear for CLAT examination is 20 years.

The educational qualification to appear for CLAT examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with 45% in any stream.

The application for for CLAT 2016 will be available from 1st January 2016. The examination is conducted for admission of candidates in National Law university of India.
31st December 2015, 09:17 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility for CLAT :

>> You should complete minimum 12th with minimum 45% of marks from the recognized university.

>> There is a percentage relaxation for reserved candidates of 5%. (i.e., 40% for sc/st candidates)

>> No upper age limit.

>> Applications will available from 1st jan 2016.
31st December 2015, 09:33 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you have fulfill below given criteria then you are eligible for CLAT exam.

CLAT is stands for Common Law Admission Test.

If you have completed 12th standard from any stream with above 50% marks from a recognized board then you are eligible to attend in CLAT exam for admission in Under graduate course.

The candidate age should not be more than 20 years.

CLAT 2016:-

Availability of application forms – from 1st January 2016 to 31st March 2016

Last date of online submission of application form – 31st March 2016

Examination date of CLAT 2016 – 8st May 2016
31st December 2015, 10:56 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The online applications for Common Law admission test begins from 1st January 2016. You can apply at www.clat.ac.in if you are 10+2 passed with 45% marks.

Your age must be below 20 years for general category and 22 years for SC/ST category. SC/ST candidates need to score only 40% marks in 10+2.
31st December 2015, 11:18 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Eligibility

For UG Course
You must have passed (10+2) in any discipline from a recognized university.

For PG Course
You must have passed LLB or equivalent course from a recognized university.

For Undergraduate Programme
- Total Marks : 200
- Duration : 02:00 Hours
- Total Questions : 200
English including Comprehension - 40 Marks
General Knowledge and Current Affairs - 50 Marks
Elementary Mathematics - 20 Marks
Legal Aptitude - 50 Marks
Logical Reasoning - 40 Marks
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.

For Postgraduate Programme
Total Marks : 150
Time Duration : 02:00 Hours
Total Questions: 150 questions
Constitutional Law - 50 Marks
Jurisprudence - 50 Marks
Other Subjects such as Contract, Torts, Criminal Law, International Law, IPR etc. - 50 Marks
- 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.

Important Dates
- Starts of Registration : 01/01/2016
- Ends of Registration : 31/03/2016
- CLAT Exam : 08/05/2016
31st December 2015, 11:27 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CLAT - Common Law Admission Test

This exam is conducted for candidates to join in the national law universities in India. It's an online objective test and the eligibility for applying for the exam is:

# Candidate should have citizenship in India.

# There is no age bar for applying for the CLAT exam.

# For applying for CLAT after b.com, you need to have completed LLB/ BL degree in order to be eligible as per the educational qualification and you should have secured not less than 55% aggregate in the case of general category candidate. In the case of SC/ST they need to have got 50% aggregate.

If you satisfy all the above criteria then you can apply for the CLAT exam to join in law universities in India.

The exam is of 200 questions and consists of questions from five different subjects which includes English (Comprehension), General Knowledge & Current Affairs, Elementary Mathematics, Legal Aptitude and Logical Reasoning.
31st December 2015, 11:45 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test.

CLAT Exam is conducted for admission to LLB & LLM Courses in Top Law Colleges of India.

As you have pursued B.Com course, so you are not eligible to apply for CLAT Exam.

As B.Com is a commerce course, so you must firstly pursue LLB course to apply for PG course in Law.

ELIGIBILITY for PG Courses

You must have at least 55% marks in LL. B/B. L. Degree from a recognized University.

5% relaxation of marks is provided to SC/ST Candidates.

Pattern for LLB course through CLAT Exam:-

Total Marks for CLAT:200 marks, Total Questions:200

1). English including Comprehension (40 Marks)
2). General Knowledge/Current affairs (50 Marks)
3). Elementary Mathematics (20 Marks)
4). Legal Awareness (45 Marks)
5). Reasoning (45 Marks)
1st January 2016, 08:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test and it is conducted by National Law university of India for admission of candidates in LL.B course after 10+2.

It is five year course and eligibility to appear for examination is :-

* Candidate have passed or pursuing in 10+2 from a recognised board.

* Candidate must scored minimum 45% aggregate in 10+2.

* Maximum age limit is 20 years but no minimum age limit and relaxation for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination if you have all the above qualification. The application form for 2016 examination is available from today 01.01.2016.

So to get any more information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
15th February 2016, 11:43 PM
anuradha1985

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission Test .
Eligibility for CLAT:-

For Graduate Programmes
10+2 exam or equivalent with 45% marks .

For Post-graduate Programme
Candidate should have passed the LL.B/B.L. Degree or any bachelor degree with 55% marks.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?