30th August 2017, 11:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I have completed B.Tech in correspondence mode?

Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I have completed B.Tech in correspondence mode? Can you please give me the details on the criteria which is followed? What is the procedure which I need to follow to apply? Awaiting for the response. Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to take admission on D.Ed through correspondence mode in the month of November?
  2. Am I eligible for government bank job if I have scored 55% in correspondence B.Com?
  3. Procedure to pursue LLB after M.Com correspondence
  4. Am I eligible to become lecturer if I have completed my post graduation course through correspondence mode?
  5. How to apply for D.Pharmacy via correspondence mode being into FY B.Sc? Which universities offers this course?
  6. How can I apply to study correspondence PhD in HR being a MBA postgraduate?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for SI and UPSC exam after completion of degree in correspondence mode?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in correspondence mode after completion of M.Sc in IT through distance mode?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for Bank operations job after completion of graduation through correspondence mode?
  10. Am I eligible to do PhD in Library and Information Science having completed correspondence MLIS about 11 years ago?
  11. Availability of Homeopathy course via correspondence mode of education and criteria to apply for it?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for Ph.D after completion of MA from IGNOU?
  13. Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?
  14. Can i do Law course through correspondence being a Hoursewife?
  15. Am I eligible to pursue IAS after completing BA(History) from distance mode?
  16. Best universities offering B.Tech/B.E? Can we do correspondence B.Tech from BITS Pilani?
  17. How can I rejoin if discontinued BCom around 17 years ago? -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible for UPSC IAS 2016? -- [Most Discussed]
31st August 2017, 11:59 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I have completed B.Tech in correspondence mode?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for Indian Administrative Services recruitment examination only when your B.Tech University is a recognized university. There is a certain educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IAS Examination.

>> You must have completed "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> If The University in which you have completed your B.Tech is completed, then I am very sure that your B.Tech course is valid. On the other side, if your B.Tech University is not a recognized one then you may not be eligible to apply.

>> The minimum age required is 21 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years. I suggest you to keep visiting the below apply link for latest details of UPSC recruitment and go through official website.

Click here to Apply Online

Click here for Official Website
31st August 2017, 12:34 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I have completed B.Tech in correspondence mode?

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

Entrance examination conducted for this service: Civil Services exam.

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

The institute from which you have completed B.Tech in distance mode must be approved by UGC and DEC. However, correspondence B.Tech not approved by AICTE. If it is approved then you can apply for Civil Services exam.

Age limit: 21-32 years.
31st August 2017, 02:12 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination and candidates after qualifying in all stags of examination will be eligible for recruitment as an I.A.S Officer.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university. The age limit is 21-32 years.

So, if you have passed B.Tech from a recognised university with AICTE or under UGC then you can appear for examination.

For detail visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2017, 03:07 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS exam.

Educational qualification is minimum Bachelor's degree in any discipline.

You should satisfy the following age limit;

For general category ;21-32 years

For OBC applicants;21-35 years.

For SC/ST candidates;21-37 years.
31st August 2017, 08:03 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

The degree from a recognised university/college/institute is valid to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

So, if you have degree from a recognised university you will become eligible to appear in examination.

The age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

The application form for examination will be available online at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st August 2017, 08:10 PM
ravinayadav256

Yes you are eligible for IAS exam.

Eligibility for IAS exam:-

Student must have passed bachelor's degree (technical qualification) from a recognized university.

Age limit:-

21 years to 32 years.

For general candidate number of attempts is 6
For OBC candidate number of attempts is 9
For SC/ST candidate number of attempts is unlimited.
31st August 2017, 09:28 PM
starberry

Yes, you are eligible for IAS exam if you have done B.Tech in correspondence from a recognized university.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative services. Eligibility criteria to apply for IAS exam is as follows-

>> Qualification- Bachelors degree in any field from a recognized university

>> Age limit- 21 to 32 years for general category
Age relaxation: OBC - 3 years
SC/ST/ Ex-Servicemen - 5 years
Disabled Person - 10 years

Notification for the exam are published on its official website as well as employment newspaper. Hence, you must look for notifications and apply for the exam.
31st August 2017, 09:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that HRD ( Human Resource and Development ) ministry has announced that any technical degree in the distance mode is not valid for any government job.

So having pursued B.tech in correspondence mode i.e; in distance mode you can not apply for IAS ( Indian Administrative Service ) jobs i.e; Civil Services examination.
31st August 2017, 10:31 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS examination after completion of your B.Tech course in correspondence mode. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a Government recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS examination. The age criteria required to apply for IAS examination is 21 to 32 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
31st August 2017, 11:05 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

The eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any discipline. AICTE has not approved technical engineering colleges for distance Bachelor of Technology. Correspondence B.tech are not accepted for government job exams.

2. The age limit for Civil Services exam is 21-32 years.

Stages of Civil Services examination:

Preliminary exam.

Mains exam.

Personal interview.
31st August 2017, 11:10 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

~Correspondence Bachelor of Technology is not valid and accepted for government job entrance exams. AICTE does not validate any distance B.Tech colleges.

~Only AICTE approved B.Tech degree is accepted for applying to Civil Services examination. The minimum age required to apply for Civil Services exam is 21 years.
31st August 2017, 11:57 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for B.Tech even if you have completed it from Distance mode.

If you are in Final year of your graduation or have completed it, then you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services Exam i.e. IAS Exam.

You will have to clear three rounds for becoming IAS i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
5th June 2020, 05:53 PM
chahalacademy

Location: B-7, Lower Ground Floor, Apsara Arcade, Near Karol Bagh Metro, Gate No.7, Delhi - 110005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to apply for IAS if I have completed B.Tech in correspondence mode? Can you please give me the details on the criteria which is followed? What is the procedure which I need to follow to apply? Awaiting for the response. Thanks!
Dear Student, please visit the given link to know everything about how to apply for UPSC examination. Along with that, you are also going to find useful study material at the Chahal academy website.
https://chahalacademy.com/how-to-apply-for-upsc-exam
17th June 2020, 07:40 PM
chahalacademy

Location: B-7, Lower Ground Floor, Apsara Arcade, Near Karol Bagh Metro, Gate No.7, Delhi - 110005.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Know everything about IAS Exam Eligibility from this link-
https://chahalacademy.com/ias-upsc-eligibility

To get Free IAS Booklet and Free Study material- WhatsApp at 7018445824.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?