2nd October 2017, 03:31 PM
kumar786anil

Am I eligible to apply for IPS if am 37 years old and belong to SC candidate?

Am I eligible to apply for IPS if am 37 years old and belong to SC candidate? Can you please provide me with the information on the same? What are the minimum criteria required? It will be helpful if you can provide me with the answer soon. Thanks!

3rd October 2017, 05:30 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS if am 37 years old and belong to SC candidate?

Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of candidates as an I.P.S Officer etc.

To appear in examination the required eligibility is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear in examination is :-

General :- 21-32 years.

OBC :- 21-35 years.

SC/ST :- 21-37 years.

The age limit is as per your age on 1st August of year of appearing for examination.

So, if you are below 37 years before 01st August 2018 then you are eligible to apply for Civil Service examination in 2018.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd October 2017, 05:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IPS if am 37 years old and belong to SC candidate?

UPSC conducts Civil Service examination every year for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S etc.

Other than bachelor degree in any discipline required age limit to appear in examination is 21-32 years for general category and relaxation of 3 years and 5 years in upper age limit for OBC and SC/ST.

The age will take in consideration as on 01st August of year of examination. So, if you fulfill the criteria you are eligible to appear in examination.

For detail information regarding the examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
3rd October 2017, 09:09 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IPS refers to Indian Police Service and to be an IPS officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination which is held by UPSC once every year.

* The minimum criteria required for appearing in Civil Services examination are as here under :-

i) You must be an Indian citizen.

ii) Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

iii) You must have either completed your graduation degree or must be in the final year of same degree course with any discipline from a recognized university.

Now as far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in Civil Services examination to become an IPS officer being 37 years old and belonging to SC category then I would like to let you know that you are eligible on the age requirement ground as according to government norms age relaxation of 10 years is allowed for SC category candidates.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
4th October 2017, 06:18 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The age limit for Indian Police Services exam is:

21-32 year for open category candidates and three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidate. The age is calculated on 1st August of year of exam.

If you will attain maximum age of 37 years allowed for SC before 1st August, 2018 then you will not be eligible for coming exam in 2018.
4th October 2017, 09:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know is that to be an IPS ( Indian Police Service ) officer you need to qualify Civil Services examination ( CSE ) held by UPSC once every year.

Being a SC category candidate and 37 years old you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination as the age limit for appearing in CSE is 21 years to 42 years for SC/ST category candidates which is 21 years to 32 years for general category candidate.

Apart from age limit for appearing in CSE you need to hold the nationality of India as well as a bachelor ( undergraduate ) degree in any subject from a recognized university.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?