19th October 2011, 06:36 AM
Diptanshujain

Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam being a candidate of OC (Jain) category?

I belong to oc (jain)cast.do i am eligible to write ips exam.plz let know.and what qualities i should to have so that i will be eligible to write..example:age,height etc..plz let me know asap

22nd October 2011, 12:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam being a candidate of OC (Jain) category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diptanshujain View Post
I belong to oc (jain)cast.do i am eligible to write ips exam.plz let know.and what qualities i should to have so that i will be eligible to write..example:age,height etc..plz let me know asap
Dear friend,

YES, You are eligible for IPS exam.Because you are belongs from India.

IPS exam is conducted by UPSC. There are some criteria you have to follow for appearing in IPS exam.

Those candidate have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

But your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidate.
In IPS exam their is provide age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

The maximum attempts for Sc/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be citizen of India.

PROCESS BECOME A IPS OFFICER:-

1. Fill up the Application form.
2.Preliminary exam is consist of two papers.
a) General studies -----150 marks
b)From Optional subject -------300 marks
3.If you have qualify in Preliminary exam then you have to go for IPS mains exam
4.After completion of your main exam you have to go for Interview.

EXAM DATE:-

Notification Date - 04/02/2012
Last date of application - 05/03/2012
Preliminary examination - 20/05/2012.

Thanks
22nd October 2011, 07:52 AM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for IPS Exam being a candidate of OC (Jain) category?

Indian Public Service exam is held once in year, this exam is part of Civil service exam and exam is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for IPS exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category candidates,21to 33 year for OBC category candidates,21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates

Number of attempts:
4 attempts for General category candidates.
7 attempts for Obc category candidates
Unlimited attempts for SC/ST category candidates.

Important dates for IAS-2012 exam:
Indian Public Service(Preliminary exam) Notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 4th Feb 2012 to 5th March 2012. Exam will held on 20th May 2012.
Indian Publlic Service (Main Exam) notification for this year:
Exam will held on 15th Oct 2012. Yet notification details,were not update,i hope they will be updating notification after preliminary exams.

For more details,then click here
22nd October 2011, 03:09 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diptanshujain View Post
Hello friend,
Yes, being an Indian, you are definitely eligible to write civil service exam, conducted by union public service commission.
The minimum qualification required to be eligible for the exam is a bachelors degree, in any discipline.
The minimum eligible age is 21 years and the maximum age limit is as follows:
For General category- 30 years
For OBC category- 33 years
For SC/St category- 35 years

So, if you fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned above, you are definitely eligible to write civil service exam.
For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?