9th August 2017, 11:39 PM
salim akbar shaikh

Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after completion of 12th without CLAT exam?

Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after completion of 12th without CLAT exam? Can you please provide me the needed information on this? What would be the minimum criteria required? Can someone please answer me back soon? Thanks!

10th August 2017, 09:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after completion of 12th without CLAT exam?

There is no compulsion to give entrance exam for admission to LLB degree there are many law colleges which conduct admission on the basis of marks secured in 12th standard. I would like to suggest you to complete your graduation in Arts from a recognised University and after that you can take admission in LLB course which is of 3 years duration. Minimum 20 years age is required to join LLB course after graduation.
10th August 2017, 10:20 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for LLB course after completion of 12th without CLAT exam?

CLAT ( Common Law Admission Test ) and it is conducted for admission in law courses in national law universities of India.

Candidates passed 12th with minimum 45% in any stream are eligible to appear in examination for admission in 5 year LLB course.

Candidates appearing for 12th board examination are also eligible.

The age limit is 20 years for unreserved category while for reserved category the upper age limit is 22 years.

For more information about examination visit at www.clat.ac.in.
11th August 2017, 08:02 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there are various institutes which conduct entrance examination for admission in LLB course in their respective institute.

CLAT examination is only conducted for admission in National Law universities. The other institutes which offer 5 year LLB course are :

BHU.

Punjab University.

IP University.

The minimum required qualification is 12th from any recognised board.
11th August 2017, 09:04 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

LLB refers to Bachelor of Legislative Law which is professional bachelor degree course after completion of which one heads towards becoming a lawyer.

Further the minimum educational qualification required for pursuing LLB degree course ( whose duration is 5 years ) is a higher secondary school degree in any discipline with at least 45% marks ( in case of some colleges 50% ) from a recognized board of education.

Now as far as you are concerned about the possibility of pursuing LLB degree course without appearing in CLAT then I would like to let you know that you can pursue the LLB degree course but not from NLUs ( National Law University ) which are considered as the best law institutes.

Apart from NLUs you can pursue LLB course from other top universities like Delhi University, BHU and other universities by qualifying their respective examination like DU LLB examination, BHU UET, CUCET, etc. .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?