29th January 2015, 01:29 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to attend GATE 2015?

Hi,
I have completed B.tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering(lateral entry) before that i did diploma in the same branch.i.e., 3 years Diploma and 3 years Engineering. Am i eligible to attend gate -2015. PL let me know..

thanku so much

29th January 2015, 07:43 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to attend GATE 2015?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to attend GATE 2015 Examination. The minimum educational qualification required is " Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology or Architecture" obtained from a recognized university. Those who have done B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Arch (4 years after 10+2) and those who are presently pursuing final year of such programs are also eligible to apply for GATE Examination.

Since you have completed "Bachelor Degree in Engineering" from a recognized university, you are absolutely eligible to appear for examination. Candidates having "Diploma" alone as an educational qualification are not eligible to appear for GATE examination. And also 3rd year Diploma candidates are also not eligible to appear for GATE 2015. Even though you are a diploma holder, you have also completed B.Tech (Electrical and Electronics Engineering). So no doubt, you can attend GATE 2015 Examination which is going to be held in February, 2015.
29th January 2015, 03:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
I have completed B.tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering(lateral entry) before that i did diploma in the same branch.i.e., 3 years Diploma and 3 years Engineering. Am i eligible to attend gate -2015. PL let me know..

thanku so much
Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam in 2015.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

Final year student are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
29th January 2015, 06:31 PM
Anur4g

yes you are totally eligible to attain GATE examination. so work hard All the best
28th February 2015, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

Do IIT's & NIT consider less than 60% marks in B.E for ECE stream for M.E/M.tech admissions ?
17th March 2015, 09:14 PM
s m samy
Member+

Quote:
Hi,

thanku so much
Yes, of course

You are eligible to apply for GATE examination. GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.It is conducted for M.Tech admission in IITs and other top colleges in India. It is an online examination.Final year students can apply for this examination. Whereas prefinal year students are not.

Please find the details in the below url.

http://gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015/

Thank you

18th March 2015, 04:35 PM
sachin200792

If you have a B.E. or B.Tech. degree, then you are certainly eligible to appear for the GATE exam which is conducted by IITs and IISc. Bangalore. It doesn't matter if you have a diploma or not or if you are are lateral entry. You are eligible for the exam being a B.Tech. holder.
18th March 2015, 07:28 PM
unique99

Hello, according to your question you have completed engineering degree through lateral entry ie diploma to b.tech degree now you intend to appear GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering).

Under the above circumstances you are completely eligible to appear GATE after that you will be eligible to get admission for master degree in IITS and very good colleges in India also you are eligible to appear entrance examinations conducted by PSU for to recruit Management Trainees.

For the above purpose there is no age restrictions as well as no restrictions in attempts to clear the said exam.

Thank You,
18th March 2015, 08:25 PM
violent viper

Quote:
Hi,

thanku so much
Hi,

You are eligible to apply for GATE(Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) examination.

No matter, that you have done your engineering after diploma.

The thing is that , you should have completed engineering graduation with at least 60% or you should be pursuing final year while applying for GATE examination.

As you are an engineering graduate, you can apply for GATE examination.

For more details, kindly log on to the official link given below:

gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015/eligibilty_link.php

Thank you.
18th March 2015, 10:30 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Few facts regarding GATE:-

1. Must have passed B.E or B. Tech or B. Arch etc.
2. Candidate in the final year of degree in engineering discipline also eligible.
3. Candidate must be above the age of 18 years.
4. Candidate with diploma in enginnering are not eligible. Only degree holder in engineering discipline are eligible.
5. Candidate can appear in GATE for unlimited number of times.
18th March 2015, 10:41 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

Yes, definitely you are eligible for GATE exam.
The highly prestigious exam i.e. GATE requires only B.tech/B.E appeared or appearing. It does not has any clause that you cannot have a diploma or anything like that. If you have b.tech degree which you have as you already said, then you certainly have the chance to appear for the exam.

So, don't waste your time in thinking about the eligibility. YES, YOU ARE ELIGIBLE. Now, you just start preparing for it, because it needs rigorous hard work with a smart approach.
Best Wishes!!
18th March 2015, 11:30 PM
manmohan.jha

Yes, you are absolutely eligible to attend GATE 2015 Examination. The minimum educational qualification required is " Bachelor Degree in Engineering/ Technology or Architecture" obtained from a recognized university.Lateral entry does not matter for appearing in GATe exam.

Since you have completed "Bachelor Degree in Engineering" from a recognized university, you are absolutely eligible to appear for examination.
So dont hesitate and prepare well for the exam. all the best..
20th March 2015, 01:19 AM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible to give gate.Through clearing gate exam you can enter in different IIT's and NIT's. for cracking gate exam you have to do labor hard.
Clearing gate is not a joke so be prepare for it and you can clear. pay heed on every subject and do previous year papers and saw the pattern of the paper.

Gate preparation can be done with 3rd year and final year and gate score is valid for 2 years.

well books by G.k publisher are good but in my opinion you should study from the notes of made easy they are very useful in cracking gate.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?