6th September 2012, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to attend GATE examination if I have 1 backlog?

sir,
i have one backlog at present .Am I eligible to attend gate examination of 2013.If i am eligible wat are the necessary requirements .i.e., any certificates or recomendation form approved by our dean or HOD is required

16th September 2012, 07:02 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to attend GATE examination if I have 1 backlog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
i have one backlog at present .Am I eligible to attend gate examination of 2013.If i am eligible wat are the necessary requirements .i.e., any certificates or recomendation form approved by our dean or HOD is required
Yes, you are Eligible for GATE 2013 Examination and it is properly mentioned in the official website that, If you have appeared in the final semester exam in 2012, with a backlog in any of the papers in their qualifying degree are eligible for GATE, but you have to submit a copy of any one of the marks sheets of the final year. You can apply for GATE Provisionally and after clear the backlogs you are eligible for admission in any colleges.

To apply for GATE Examination, you must have a 4 year Engineering degree course OR master degree course from a recognized university. If anyone having a one year Masters degree after a three year Bachelors degree OR at least a four year integrated Masters Degree will also be eligible to appear for GATE.

The notification of GATE Examination was already published and available in the official website.

The online registrations was already started and if you are interested then please fill the application form of GATE Online soon before the last date.

30/Sept/2012 is the last date of filling online application form of GATE.

So, please visit the official GATE website and check the complete procedure and then apply for GATE Soon.

http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013
16th September 2012, 08:17 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, i have one backlog at present .Am I eligible to attend gate examination of 2013.If i am eligible wat are the necessary requirements .i.e., any certificates or recomendation form approved by our dean or HOD is required

If you are a final year candidate of the B.Tech course then you are eligible to apply for the GATE examination. This examination is conducted by the jointly management of the IIT and IISc for the admission in the M.Tech course which is equivalent to the master degree. GATE exam is conducted once in every year.

Nice to see your interest in the higher study. As per your question if you have one backlog presently and if you are presently in the final year of the B.Tech course then don't worry as per eligibility criteria of the GATE examination you are eligible to apply. The registration process of the GATE-2013 currently live on.

For any more information regarding the GATE-2013 entrance examination please visit the official website of the GATE exam :~ http://www.gate.iitb.ac.in/gate2013/
16th September 2012, 09:01 PM
hari2305

Dear
you are eligible for gate exam . If you have a back in any subject ,it's not a matter that you are not eligible for gate exam. You should be a student of 7th semester or a passout student of b.tech or b.e.
Don't think about this matter and work hard and get the target.
Best of luck
23rd September 2012, 08:09 PM
Unregistered

i pltd my btech in2012 ,and i hav a backlog.what shld i do while applying for gate.Is it necessary to take proncipal certi given with downloadred form.or simply any of final year certi is enough?
24th September 2012, 12:08 AM
sandyjustimagine

yes you got the right to write the gate exam if you are the student of 7th sem or complited the b.e or b.tech. dont worry about this work hard to get through gate..
all the best..
24th September 2012, 09:37 AM
yogesh8955347778

Yes, you are Eligible for GATE 2013 Examination and it is properly mentioned in the official website that, If you have appeared in the final semester exam in 2012, with a backlog in any of the papers in their qualifying degree are eligible for GATE, but you have to submit a copy of any one of the marks sheets of the final year. You can apply for GATE Provisionally and after clear the backlogs you are eligible for admission in any colleges.
24th September 2012, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am final year B.E student i dont have any backlogs but in my application form by mistake i put tick mark for both column that i am a final year student and as well as i got backlog after final year examination and i sent it throught speed post, but i filled my details in the online registration correctly. will this lead to rejection of my application ?
27th September 2012, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

I am pass out of year 2011 batch having one backlog in 8th semester, which I have given for revaluation in University. Now whenever I am filling up the form as not a GRADUATE AND GRADUATION YEAR 2011 its not getting accepted. I have really prepared a lot for this examination,should I fill as GRADUATE and submit 1 to 7 th semester mark sheet with director certificate. Please help urgently..
27th September 2012, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

sir,i completed my B.tech course 2012 batch,but i got some backlogs,is 7th semester mark sheet is alone enough,or else i should get my principle certificate also?should i sent any one of these or both?
27th September 2012, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Yes, i have complete my btech in 2012 but with backlog and in gate i fill it graduate instead of non graduate . So what happen now?
28th September 2012, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

im 2011 pass out candidate in information technology branch. But sir im having backlogs and cleared in 2012 and what would be my Year of qualifying degree is it 2011 or 2012??? I want to know urgently because im applying for gate 2013.. and i have 4th year 2nd semester mark sheet and course completion certificate as a proof for gate eligibility , im confused to which i should give as a proof??? please "reply as soon as possible"....joe
16th August 2013, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i am pursuing btech 4-1,final year ,want to attend gate examination conducted in feb 2014,i has 1 backlog,am i eligible to take the gate exam
plsss rplyy
19th February 2014, 07:13 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir,
B.Tech 2006 to 2010, due to backlog arrear, I finished degree on 2011, can I eligible for apply upcoming next gate exam?
Kindly reply on below mail ID:
[email protected]
28th March 2014, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

i am not qualify in gate 2014 i got only 7 marks belongs to Sc category what can i do with this mark . is there any benefits for my mark i got in gate
5th April 2014, 02:15 PM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This Entrance Exam is being conducted once in a year to give admission for the candidates for M.Tech course across various colleges in India.

It is also possible that you can get admission for M.Tech course in NITs and IITs through this Exam.

Here is the eligibility criteria that you should possess to apply for this Exam.

You should have completed your Graduation in Engineering with any of the stream from a recognized university.

Candidates who are pursuing final year of Engineering course also can apply for this Exam.

There is no upper age limit at all for the candidates to give this Exam.

There is no limit on the number of attempts for this Exam. You can take this exam for any number of times.

GATE scored is valid for a period of 2 years.

You don't need worry about the backlog that you have.

Even though you have backlog, you are eligible to apply for GATE Exam.

But make sure that you are going to clear that backlog by the time you complete your B.Tech course.

Have good preparation for GATE Exam and crack it.

Better to have coaching for this Exam from a coaching institute. If you get admission for M.Tech course in IITs, your life will be fruitful.

Wish you all the best.
6th September 2014, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Sir i had passed out in the year 2012.....i have no backlogs and since i went abroad cudnt get my degree as well as my provisional.....can i apply with my couse completion certificate??
15th September 2014, 10:24 PM
Unregistered

sir i have complete 4 years of b.tech (ME) course in 2014 but i have only one backlog in 5th semester so please tell me that can i apply for GATE 2015 ? and if yes than which certificate should be uploaded by me during online applicatioin process. please reply me quickly , my email address is [email protected]
7th November 2014, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

sir , i have 1 backlog in 4th semester of B.tech. (C.S.E.), Kurukshetra University and all other exams are cleared. Is my degree complete, i am asking this as in many universities students can leave one or two exams and still there degree is considered as complete. So is it eligible in kurukshetra university also. Please help me in this as i am looking to pursue MBA this year?
18th March 2015, 03:38 PM
sachin200792

If you are in the final semester of your graduation or if you have done 4 years of graduation, you are eligible for the exam. Since you have one backlog, it means that you have not received your degree yet and technically speaking you are still a student. So you have to certify the fill-up form for the exam by the college administration, that may be your dean or registrar. But you are certainly eligible for the exam.
26th September 2015, 12:49 AM
Unregistered

Now I am in final year B.E, and i have 2 back subjects from 3rd year, am i eligible to take gate? and do i need to produce any marks card???
27th September 2015, 01:35 AM
RRAL

You can attend the GATE exam with backlog. But before admission in the colleges , it should be cleared otherwise your admission will be vanished automatically.

GATE is an entrance examination which is conducted by the IITs.Via this exam one can get the admission in good and reputed M.tech colleges.

The eligibility criteria for this exam is, to have a B.E./B.tech degree or MSc degree in any stream from a recognised university with good percentages.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?