15th July 2015, 12:11 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Bank PO if I have passed BCA from PTU?

Am i eligible for bank po...i have passed bca from ptu..??? Can someone please let me know the information which I have to follow to get the answer on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible from here. Thank you. Plz reply fast

15th July 2015, 02:15 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO if I have passed BCA from PTU?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am i eligible for bank po...i have passed bca from ptu..??? Can someone please let me know the information which I have to follow to get the answer on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible from here. Thank you. Plz reply fast
Yeah you are eligible for applying for Bank PO which is an exam conducted for candidates to join in as a Probationary officer. This exam is conducted by various banks based on the vacancy of the post.

There are some basic eligibility criteria's which are needed to be satisfied in order to apply for the exam and they include such as:

# Nationality
# Age limit
# Educational qualification.

The candidate who satisfies all these are only eligible for applying and to be detailed about these criteria, refer below:

-> Candidate should have a citizenship in India

-> Age limit for general category candidate is 21-30 years and there are certain relaxation which is allowed for other category candidates such as for SC/ST it is 21-35 years and for OBC it is 21-33 years.

-> Regarding the educational qualification, candidate need to have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

-> Even final year appearing candidate is eligible for applying.

The candidates are selected for the post through:
  1. Written Test
  2. Interview
15th July 2015, 04:05 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

P.O stands for the Probationary Officer. It is a respectable post in the banks and has good career opportunities for candidates.

Yes, why not, you are eligible for the post of Probationary officer after completing bachelor of computer applications from Punjab Technical University. You can see the eligibility criteria for IBPS and SBI PO as below.

IBPS which stands for the Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection conducts Common written examination for post of Probationary officer for different nationalized banks.

Eligibility criteria:

>>The minimum academic qualification required to appear for this exam is that you must have done bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam.

>>The minimum age on 01/07/2015 for this year recruitment is 20 years and maximum age limit for candidates of general category is 30 years. Upper age relaxation applicable to reserved category.

The application for IBPS CWE PO exam for 2015 is going on and fees for application is Rs 600 for general and SC/ST/PH is Rs 100. Last date to apply online is 01/08/2015.

Other than this, State Bank of India conducts its own entrance exam for the post of probationary officer.

Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year candidates of graduation can also apply. The age limit is 21-30 years for candidates of general category. Three years age relaxation to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.
15th July 2015, 09:13 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes dear you are absolutely eligible for Bank PO Exam. For the matter of fact Punjab Technical University is affiliated University. So there is No problem with the College.

As per the above conditions taken into the consideration you are absolutely eligible. To know the more details about the Bank PO Exam you can see it from below information.

<> You should complete graduation from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

<> No specific percentage required for Bank PO.

<> Age should be in between 21 to 30 years and there is Age relaxation applicable for the reserved candidates.

<> Final year candidates can also eligible for Bank PO.
15th July 2015, 09:18 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Bank PO exam , The Eligibility criteria for Bank PO exam are as follows :

The candidates should be a citizen of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The candidates those who are in final year can also apply for this post.
The age limit is 21 - 30 years,
There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

This above criteria should be obeyed by the candidates to get apply for the Bank PO exam.
15th July 2015, 09:25 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the bank PO examination. The examination for the recruitment as the bank PO examination is conducted by the IBPS and SBI every year.

The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidate must have passed the graduation from the recognized university.
* Candidate age must be between 21-28 years and relaxation in the age of +3 years for the OBC and +5 years for the SC/ST.

There is no limitation on the discipline and aggregate of the graduation as only passing percentage is required to appear for the examination.

The examination is conducted in three stages as the Preliminary, Mains and the Interview. The application for the bank PO IBPS examination is available now.

For more information visit at the www.ibps.in or www.onlinesbi.co.in
15th July 2015, 11:42 AM
john215

Re: Am I eligible for Bank PO if I have passed form PTU?

Yes you are eligible for Bank PO'S , Clerk exam

Eligibility criteria for Bank PO exam:----

1.Candidate must have complete graduation with 50%
2. Age limit : 20-30 yrs
3. Age Relaxation: ST/SC -5 yrs, OBC - 3 yrs, PHD : 10 yrs

Eligibility criteria for Bank Clerk:---

1. Candidate complete graduation with 50%,
2. Age limit : 20 - 28 yrs
3. Age Relaxation : OBC - 3yrs, ST/SC - 5yrs, PHD - 10 yrs

I have attach SBI PO 2015-2016 Notification you can see below attachment
15th July 2015, 12:56 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since BCA is a bachelor degree course and PTU is a recognized government university so you are definitely eligible for Bank PO jobs having completed to your BCA from PTU as for the same the required educational qualification is a bachelor degree with any stream from a recognized university.

Apart from educational qualification the other necessary qualification required are as here under :-

--> Nationality :- You must be an Indian resident.

--> Age limit :- Your age must be within 21 years to 30 years. Also age relaxation and relaxation are offered as per the government norms.

--> Also you need to have knowledge to work on computer as the banking works are totally computerized.

The important bank PO examinations are IBPS examination and SBI examination for your recruitment in most of the nationalized banks of India across India. For applying and more details regarding this examination you can log on to the links www.sbi.co.in or www.ibps.in.
15th July 2015, 02:16 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Bank PO exam after passing BCA from PTU(Punjab Technical University) which is a university established under the Punjab Technical University Act, 1996(Punjab Act No. 1 of 1997) .

The eligibility criteria required to apply for the post of PO ( Probationary Officer ) are as under :-

Nationality : Indian .

Educational Qualification : Bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks .

Age Limit : 20 years to 30 years .Age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

Selection Procedure :

*Preliminary Examination,

*Main Examination,

*Personal Interview.

Exam Syllabus :

English,

General awareness,

Marketing and Computers,

Quantitative aptitude, and

Test of reasoning.
15th July 2015, 02:26 PM
sarita46
Senior Member+++

Yes, you can apply for Bank PO exam no need to worry as the minimum qualification which is required for bank PO exam is bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Age must be 21- 30 years for general category and for reserved category it is 21- 35 years.

Other qualification which is required are:

* Computer Literacy.

* Language Proficiency.

About exam dates for bank PO usually published in leading newspaper like Employment News paper. So kindly read news paper regularly as notification of exam is usually not fixed.
15th July 2015, 03:16 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes of course you are eligible to sit for the Bank PO examination.

SBI PO Exam eligibility criteria:-
  • You need a graduate degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.
  • If you are in the final year then also you can apply for this examination.
  • The age criteria varies from 21 to 30 years.
IBPS PO Exam eligibility criteria:-
  • You need a bachelor's degree in any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.
  • You also need to know the basics in computer to be able to give this examination.
  • The lower age limit is 20 years and the upper age limit is 30 years.
Age Relaxation:-
  • Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) : 05 Years
  • Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer) : 03 Years
  • Persons With Disabilities (PWD) :
  • PWD (SC/ST)-15 Years
  • PWD (OBC)- 13 Years
  • PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
15th July 2015, 05:51 PM
vickyhansi

You are eligible for Bank PO exam after passing BCA from PTU.

Education qualification for Bank PO exam:

You should have passed graduation from a recognized university in any stream.

Your age should be between 20-30 years. Age relaxation is given to reserved category students.

This year IBPS exam pattern has been changed.

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview

Preliminary exam consist objective type question paper of General Knowledge, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude, Computer Knowledge.

Now online application for Bank PO is Running.
15th July 2015, 06:24 PM
Mohit.Bansal

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Bank PO exam. PO stands for Probationary Officer. It is equivalent to Deputy Manager.

There are lots of Bank conduct the PO exam every year.

List of banks conduct the PO exam-
1. State Bank Of India
2. ICICI Bank
3. EXIM Bank
4. HDFC Bank
5. OBC Bank
6. IBPS Exam

Eligibility Criteria-
1. You must have completed graduation in any stream and having knowledge of computers.
2. Your age should be within 20 years to 30 years.

How to apply?
You have to apply for the exam online on following link-
http://ibps.sifyitest.com/
15th July 2015, 08:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
BCA candidates are eligible for Bank PO exam.

Only those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for IBPS/SBI PO exam.

Your age should not be less than 20 years and more than 30 years and relaxation in upper age as per government guidelines that is 3 years for OBCs and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

Examination pattern for Bank PO exam:-

Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability - 50 questions for 50 marks each
English Language and General Awareness - 40 questions for 40 marks each
Computer Knowledge/ Awareness - 20 questions for 20 marks
16th July 2015, 12:58 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for Bank PO exam.

Educational Qualification : Bachelor's degree in any discipline with minimum 60%(55% for SC/ST/PWD) marks .

Age Limit : 20 years to 30 years .Age relaxation for OBC candidate by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

There is no limitation on the discipline and aggregate of the graduation as only passing percentage is required to appear for the examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?