9th May 2015, 12:27 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for BCA if passed 12th from Commerce stream?

I want to get admission for bca . I have passed 12 th in commerce stream without mathematics from mumbai . so may I eligible for bca ?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any entrance exam to get admission in BCA? I have passed 12th with commerce stream
  2. Am I eligible for MCA in JNU after passing 12th commerce with 47% from UP board without Mathematics
  3. Is it possible to study commerce stream 11th and 12th while studying BCA 4th semester?
  4. Am I eligible for NDA exam after passing 12th with commerce stream?
  5. How to appear for entrance test for BCA after passing 12th with 60% in commerce stream
  6. Am I eligible for MCA at JNU? I am a student of BCA from PTU
  7. Can I study BCA if pursuing Multimedia as a subject in 12th Commerce? List of BCA colleges in Gujarat?
  8. Am I eligible to study Maths in B.Com if pursuing 12th Commerce with Physical Education?
  9. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility to study BCA or B.Sc(IT) for 12th Commerce student?
  11. Am I eligible for MCA course after completion of my BCA degree? I have done my 12th with commerce stream
  12. Am I eligible for MCA course after completion of my BCA degree? I have done my 12th with commerce stream
  13. What to do after 12th BBA or BCA or B.Com?
  14. Possibility to study BCA after completing 12th Commerce with Computer Application?
  15. Am I eligible to get admission in BCA being a 12th PCB student?
  16. Can I get admission in mentioned colleges if completed 12th Commerce from NIOS without Maths?
  17. Am I eligible to take BCA after 12th commerce? Colleges in Nagpur, Mumbai and Pune offering BCA to commerce students?
  18. Am I eligible for NIMCET entrance exam after doing BCA 2nd year
11th May 2015, 09:13 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for BCA if passed 12th from Commerce stream?

To be eligible to pursue BCA course, the candidate must have completed 12th standard with Science stream including Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Most of the colleges offers admissions to candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics as a subject from a recognised board. There is no entrance examination conducted for admission to this course. Most of the colleges offers direct admission by considering candidates 12th standard board examination marks.
11th May 2015, 01:45 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for doing BCA:

1. Candidate must have passed class 12th with a minimum of 50%.

2. Candidates should have studied Mathematics in his/her boards as a main subject.

3. Some colleges conduct their own entrance exam for providing admission to students in BCA course.

Note:

. Getting 50% in boards is only a criteria for admission, this does not guarantee your admission. You should score at least more than 60% in your boards to get into any good Institute.

. In some colleges maths is not considered as an important element for admission in BCA, in those Institutions only your aggregate percentage in +2 is considered.
12th May 2015, 02:39 PM
amanshrivastava98

There is a difference among the universities regarding the eligibility criteria for BCA.

Some of them say that the candidate seeking the admission in BCA should have maths in the 12th as a subject.

While on the other hand some say that a candidate should have passed 12th from any stream to get the admission.

You just have to search for the universities according to your eligibility and get the admission.
12th May 2015, 05:14 PM
suresh_batra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to get admission for bca . I have passed 12 th in commerce stream without mathematics from mumbai . so may I eligible for bca ?
Yes you can pursue this course after commerce. But, various colleges/institutions have their own set of criteria for admission process such as some wants maths for admission whereas others don't.
Some options which you should consider are: DU, Lovely Professional University, ITM, VIT.....etc. Among them, I have heard about LPU providing quality education and offers scholarships to students (based on percentage in qualifying exam) as well.
So, you just need to check the websites of these colleges to know if your eligibility matches.
12th May 2015, 06:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Yes, you are eligible for BCA course.

BCA stands for Bachelor's of Computer Application.

The candidate should have completed 12th in any stream preferably Science stream with at least 50% marks with Mathematics as one of the subject of studies from a recognized Board.

Your age shouldn't be bellow 17 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?