17th February 2012, 09:42 PM
karthic23

Am I eligible for Civil Services Exam pursuing BA in Criminology in Correspondence?

I am Karthic I am doing BA Criminology in correspondence. I wnat to know that I am elglble to Group or Civil service exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for Civil Services being a Bachelor of Hotel Management correspondence student? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible to attend group and civil services exam? I am pursuing degree in distance
  3. Is there a correspondence course in B.A Criminology?
  4. Which Books to prepare for Entrance Exam for Criminology course? Job Opportunities after completion of MA in Criminology? List of Universities offering this course?
  5. Can I apply for IAS having secured 44% in BA with Economics?
  6. Can I apply for Civil Services Exam being a candidate of pursuing M.Tech in Mechatronics? Which is the best optional subject for me for Civil Services Exam?
  7. Am I eligible to pursue M.Sc in Criminology being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year in B.Sc with Chemistry?
  8. Am I eligible to appear for civil services?
  9. Am I eligible for Civil services examination? I'm pursuing B.A(Hons) Spanish from Delhi university
  10. How can I become a Police Officer if I am 20 years old?
  11. What are the difference between following master degrees of Criminology?
  12. Can I get admission to study M.A.(Criminology) in LNJN National Institute for Criminology and Forensic Science if pursuing B.Com with Computer Application?
  13. Are correspondence degree course students eligible for civil services exams? Which degree courses can be studied after clearing the exam?
  14. When should I go for IAS coaching? I am a BSc 2nd year student
  15. Am I eligible to appear for UPSC exam while pursuing a career in Civil service?
  16. How to apply for IPS officer job after passing B.Com?
  17. Required Eligibility criteria to become an IPS Officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. What should I do to prepare for Civil Services Exam along with my studies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of B-Pharmacy? How to prepare for General Knowledge, Current Affairs and other topics for Civil Services Exam?
18th February 2012, 07:52 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services Exam pursuing BA in Criminology in Correspondence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthic23 View Post
I am Karthic I am doing BA Criminology in correspondence. I wnat to know that I am elglble to Group or Civil service exam?
Firstly, I have to Informed you that any Graduate Candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

~~ So, If you have Pursuing your Graduate degree course in any discipline then you are Eligible for this examination But only when if you are pursuing your final year degree course OR if you have completed your Degree from a recognised University.

~~ Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various services like the Indian Administrative Service, Indian Foreign Service and Indian Police Service, as well as Group A and Group B Central Services.

~~ To apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 Years, upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

~~ For this year Notification was already published on 04/Feb/2012

~~ Online Registrations was also started and the last date of apply for this examination 05/March/2012

~~ Preliminary Examination will be held on : 20/May/2012

If you have fulfilled all the above Eligibility Criteria then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination

There is No offline Application form Facility from this year, If you are Interested in this examination then please fill the application form online only soon before the last date and for complete information please check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in

Apply Online : Click Here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf upsc civil services 2012.pmd.pdf(327.3 KB, 227 views)
18th February 2012, 08:21 AM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil Services Exam pursuing BA in Criminology in Correspondence?

Hi Dear

Yes, you are eligible for Civil Service exam.
because criteria for this exam:-

*Candidate pass graduation in any stream
*Age- 21 to 30 years
3 years for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

For more information on IAS exam see :-

www.upsc.gov.in
24th February 2012, 09:33 AM
Unregistered

i completed my bsc nursing...m i eligible..
24th February 2012, 05:55 PM
Syedsam01
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthic23 View Post
Dear aspirant,
Yes you can apply for UPSC, because eligibility criteria is just graduation from indian university recognised by UGC. It does'nt matter private or regular or any subjects or any stream.
For more info visit www.upsc.gov.in
Best of Luck,
30th June 2012, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

how many subjects one have to choose for upsc exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?