15th October 2015, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Civil services examination having only 46% in 12th?

My graduation is completed but i have 46% in 12th examination so suggest me that should i eligible for civil services examination or not?

15th October 2015, 03:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil services examination having only 46% in 12th?

Civil Services examination is held once every year by Union Public Service Commission. It is one of the toughest examination conducted as it is conducted for the recruitment at the highest administrative post.

--> The examination includes three stages which are Preliminary test, Mains and Personal Interview all held in as mentioned order.

--> The eligibility criteria for the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must be within 21 years to 32 years in case you to general category otherwise there is provision of age relaxation for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor degree course with any discipline from a recognized university.

Hence, you are definitely eligible for the civil services examination having completed your graduation degree course as the percentage aggregate is not important for one's eligibility in the same examination.

For further information regarding the syllabus, question pattern and other necessary updates you can log on to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
15th October 2015, 03:41 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Civil services examination having only 46% in 12th?

The eligibility criteria for the Civil Services exam is:

1. Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for the exam.

Candidate should have passing percentage of marks to apply for the exam.

2. The age limit for the exam is 21-32 years and upper age relaxation applicable to candidates of reserved category.

Yes, you can apply for the civil services exam with 46% marks in 10+2.
15th October 2015, 03:42 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for the Civil services examination after doing Graduation and securing only 46% in 12th.

Eligibility criteria required to appear for civil services exam :-

Nationality : Indian.

Edu. Qualification :Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age criteria :

General category :21 years to 32 years .

OBC candidates : 21 years to 35 years .

SC/ST candidates : 21 years to 37 years .

PWD candidates :21 years to 42 years .

No. of attempts :

General category : 4 times under the creamy layer,

OBC candidates : 7 times and

SC/ST candidates : No limits .

Exam process :

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
15th October 2015, 03:48 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The percentage of marks secured in 10+2 has nothing to do with the Civil Services examination. Civil Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year.

Eligibility criteria:

>>Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidate must have at least passing percentage of marks to apply for this exam.

So, you can apply for the Civil Services exam with 46% in 10+2 once you complete your bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognized university.

>>The age limit for the exam is 21-32 years and there is upper age relaxation of three years for OBC candidates and five years for the SC/ST candidates.

You can visit the official website for further any more information www.upsc.gov.in.
15th October 2015, 04:02 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the civil services examination after the graduation with having only 46% in the 10+2 examination.

The required eligibility to appear for the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC is candidates must ha e passed the graduation from the recognised university and age between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

Also there is no limitations on the aggregate and discipline of the previous academic qualification so you can appear for the examination. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
15th October 2015, 04:45 PM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

See the eligibility criteria for the IFS(IAS) exam is-

1) Graduate.
2) Minimum age should be at least 21 years.

There is no such percentage criteria. So you need not to worry about this.
Also, Some of the tips, which might help you in your preparation-

1) Read newspaper everyday. Subscribe to "THE HINDU". No other newspaper.

2) But, GEOGRAPHY, HISTORY, POLITY needs to be given time. Start taking time for this right away. Go through NCERT. Make a goal to read at least half chapter each day.

4)I also recommend you to join some coaching class. Its not that you will gain knowledge there. But your knowledge will be brushed up and also the competitive surroundings will accelerate your chances to clear the exam.
15th October 2015, 05:22 PM
ganiebizer
Senior Member+

-->Educational Qualification for Appearing in IAS Exam 2015

->A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.

->Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination however, they are supposed to submit proof of passing the requisite qualification along with Detailed Application Form for Civil Services (Main) Examination.

-> you can appear in IAS entrance exam.
15th October 2015, 05:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes , definitely you are eligible for the exam if you have secured at least 50% marks in graduation and relaxation of 45% marks given to students with reserved categories.
Your 12th class marks will not be counted at all only graduation marks will be considered.

Moreover age limit is 21-30 years and relaxation of 5 years is given to reserved categories in upper age limit.
15th October 2015, 05:48 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Civil Service Exam is conducted through UPSC every year , There are certain eligibility criteria which are as follows :

The candidates should be a citizen of India.
The candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The final year candidates can also apply for this exam.
The age limit is 21 30 years,
There is a age relaxation for reserved candidates.

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th October 2015, 06:35 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC every year.

The examination is among toughest examination but the eligibility to appear for the examination is quite simple as :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the rcognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years with the relaxation in the age for the reserved category.

So you can appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in the three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all the stages for the final selection. The application for the 2016 examination will be available from the 23rd April.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
15th October 2015, 07:39 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is good that you just completed your 12th class and looking for job opportunities in the civil services to serve the country. Civil services are the popular services in India. Only top brains will be recruited into civil services.

UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) will conduct civil services exam every year to recruit the candidates into civil services like
-Indian Administrative Service
-Indian Police Service
-Indian Foreign Service
-Indian Revenue Service etc.

The selection procedure would be
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

Below is the eligibility criteria required for the candidates to get into civil services.

Academic Qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Candidates who are pursuing final year of Graduation can also apply for this exam but they should be able to show the proof of passing in Graduation when they appear for Interview.

Age criteria :
Candidates of General category should be in the age group of 21-32 years to apply for this Exam.
Relaxation is there in upper age limit upto 3 years for the candidates of OBC category and upto 5 years for the candidates of SC/ST category.

As you have completed only 12th class, I suggest you to join your Graduation in the stream in which you are interested.

Along with that just take the list of Optional subjects for Main Exam and select relevant subjects as per your subjects in your Graduation like if you choose Science stream in Graduation, you can opt for Botany or Zoology and if you choose Commerce stream in Graduation, you can opt for Economics or Commerce.

Start take coaching and self preparation as well for civil services exam from the very first year of your Graduation. Then only you should be thorough with all the required knowledge for Civil services exam by the time you complete your Graduation.

The competition is too high. The number of positions for which the recruitment will happen will be very less, may be in between 1000-1500. So, only strong preparation will make you a way to get into civil services.
15th October 2015, 07:45 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Why are you taking tension with percentage of marks of 10+2 for the Civil Services exam. I think you are not aware of the minimum eligibility criteria for the exam.

Let me tell you that only bachelor's degree holder with passing percentage of marks in bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for the Civil Services examination. So, you are eligible for the Civil services exam with 46% marks in 10+2 but you must be a graduate.

Age limit: 21-32 years, upper age relaxed for reserved category candidates.

Official website: www.upsc.gov.in.
15th October 2015, 08:10 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My graduation is completed but i have 46% in 12th examination so suggest me that should i eligible for civil services examination or not?
To join in Civil service exam you need to satisfy the basic eligibility criteria framed for it. The eligibility criteria includes nationality, age limit, educational qualification. The civil services include IAS, IFS, IPS which is Indian Police Service, Indian Foreign Service, Indian Administrative Service.

To be detailed on these criteria, it is as follows:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed is 21-30 years for general category and there are relaxation for other category such as 21-35 years for SC/ST and for OBC it is 21-33 years/

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream from a recognized university.

# For the IPS exam you need to be physically fit.

The selection procedure for the exam is:
  1. Preliminary Exam
  2. Main Exam
  3. Interview

To know more about the exam check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
15th October 2015, 08:53 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Civil services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year. The examination is conducted for the recruitment of the candidates as IAS,IPS etc... officer.

You are eligible to appear for the examination having the 46% in the board examination. The eligibility to appear for the examination is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation in any discipline from a recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years with relaxation in the age for the upper category candidates.

The examination is conducted in the three stages so you have to qualify in all the stages for the final selection. The application for the 2016 examination will be available from the April and first stage examination will be conducted in the August.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
15th October 2015, 08:57 PM
H Rimmy

You are not eligible for civil service exam having 46% marks in 12th or graduation.

If you belongs to SC category then you can apply for civil service exam because for sc candidates must required minimum 45% marks in 12th and graduation also passing from any recognized board or university.
15th October 2015, 09:08 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam though you secured 46% marks in 10+2.

Actually, there is no such percentage criteria for appearing in Civil Services Exam.

According to eligibility criteria of Civil Services Exam,
You must be in Final Year of Graduation or you must have completed your Graduation from a recognized University/Institution.

Apart from Educational Qualification, there is specific age limit:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

Number of attempts is limited for candidates as:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
15th October 2015, 09:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for Civil Service exam. Civil Service exam doesn't require any percentage criteria in 12th standard.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
15th October 2015, 09:51 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

I am really sorry to say this you are not eligible for civil service examination with 12th qualification. Since to get eligible for civil service examination you need to complete minimum graduation. No other candidates having below graduation level are not eligible.

Actually as per the rules and regulations of civil services every candidate should have minimum graduation with minimum percentage from the recognized university.

Age should be in between 21 to 30 years from the recognized university there is a age relaxation for the reserved candidates about 3 years for OBC candidates 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
15th October 2015, 10:30 PM
saidam

Don't worry dear. your 46% of marks in 12th class is not a harm at all. for civil services exam, degree is mandatory. and even in degree also, they won't ask for percentage of marks unlike software companies.

but 46% in 12th class is very less. I think you are poor in studies. If so, don't apply for civil services because it is very tough.

My friends are trying this exam since 5 years and no use. They didn't get job because of heavy competition and they did not earn any money in last 5 years due to its preparation.

Now they have only 1 chance left. If they met this time also, again they have to try for other jobs. Final decision is yours.
15th October 2015, 10:36 PM
RRAL

Civil service examination is conducted by the Upsc every year for the various posts like IAS, IPS, IFS etc.

To be eligible for this exam , it is must to have a graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university with good percentages.The age must be in between 21 years to 32 years to be completely eligible for this exam.

As you are telling that you have completed your bachelor degree, so if your age lies in between these so definitely you can appear in this exam.
26th November 2015, 02:04 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

For civil service exam, there is no minimum requirement of marks in 12th and graduation.

First, you need to decide which course to do in graduation. This very important as it can help you in long term preparation. If you choose subjects like history, geography, pol. science etc. It will help you in building general awareness about India and world.

You can start from a good monthly magazine for civil service like Wizard, Chronicle or Frontline. Also, develop habit of reading newspaper daily.
You can start full time preparation after your graduation.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?