16th June 2011, 05:35 PM
phani.soumi

How to proceed for IAS after 75% aggregate in 10+2?

Sir,
I have completed my intermediate with 75% aggregate.I am an IAS aspirant.So, how do i proceed in order to achieve my goal?

16th June 2011, 10:19 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to proceed for IAS after 75% aggregate in 10+2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by phani.soumi View Post
Sir,
I have completed my intermediate with 75% aggregate.I am an IAS aspirant.So, how do i proceed in order to achieve my goal?
To become a IAS Officer You need to complete your Bachelor degree from a recognised colleges and Universities.

So, If Your Ultimate goal is to become a IAS officer then after 12th, please purse Graduation degree, because Graduation is the minimum eligiblity to apply for UPSC Civil services examination.

To become a IAS officer You need to appear for UPSC Civil services examination and the examination was conducted 2 times in a year and the examination held in 2 stages - Preliminery exam and Main exam, If you clear the Preliminery exam, then you are eligible for Main exam.

And To apply for Civil services examination, Your age should between 21 to 30 years, General candidates will not get any relaxation on age, Only SC, ST and OBC candidates will get Relaxation on age.

General Candidates will get 4 chance to crack this examination and there is no limits for SC, ST candidates and 7 chances for OBC candidates.

The Notification was published in the employment Newspaper OR in the official website of UPSC, You can apply for This examination Online, The application form are also available in the Designated Post Offices of India, You can also Obtained from there. So, please complete your Graduation/Bachelor degree first and then apply for Civil Services examination Because after 12th you cant apply for Civil services examination, Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible to apply for this examination. So please visit the UPSC official website to get complete information regarding IAS examination/Civil services examination.
16th June 2011, 10:39 PM
venkatgct

Quote:
Sir,
friend,

the steps to become an IAS officer are simple enough if u work thru ur goal... hardwork and smart planning wil help....

the following are the simple steps:
  1. as u hav passed ur inter, join a graduate course in a recognised university
  2. complete ur graduation, in the process start preparing for IAS
  3. use popular guides available in ur area, and the net.
  4. keep a track of daily events
  5. attend a coachin academy or start self preparation
  6. hard work is the key to success.

all the best
17th June 2011, 01:56 AM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

You have secured good marks in 10+2 exam.
In order to become IAS officer you need to have completed your graduation in any stream as it is one of the most basic eligibility criteria.
Practice & Hard Work is the 2 most important thing required to crack IAS exam.
You will be required to have strong knowledge of your subject,G.K,Political & Social issues,Current affairs,Economic system,etc.
For that I would suggest you to read newspapers,magazines,etc.
Also I would suggest you to read the interviews of other candidates who were successful in cracking IAS exam.
You can refer all the previous year question papers for practice.
This exam is conducted by UPSC every year once.
There are two parts in it -Prelims & Mains.
Those who are able to clear prelims appear for main.
Application forms are available both online & offline.
This year exam was on 12th June 2011.
Every year the announcement is made on February for application forms.
Visit the official website for more details:
UPSC
17th June 2011, 10:33 AM
sandymishra45

Lightbulb Re: How to proceed for IAS after 75% aggregate in 10+2?

1st u have 2 comlete any bachler degree,which is the minimum elgibility for becoming an IAS officer.
2nd thing is that u have to work very hard.

To become a IAS officer You need to appear for UPSC Civil services examination and the examination was conducted 2 times in a year and the examination held in 2 stages - Preliminery exam and Main exam, If you clear the Preliminery exam, then you are eligible for Main exam.
19th June 2011, 12:38 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

To achieve your goal, you should take a graduation. A graduation is the minimum eligibility for appearing in IAS examination. UPSC conducts this examination. The age limit ranges from 21-30. Age relaxation is there for SC/ST categories.
19th June 2011, 03:33 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Sir,
Dear Friend,

Minimum qualification to appear for IAS exam is graduation. This examination is conducted by UPSC.

On completion of your degree please give UPSC exam. If you success in the exam then proceed further as per the existing rules of UPSC.

Regards,

Ramjash
12th July 2011, 11:17 PM
Uttam Nandi

Hi friend,
You have completed your 10+2, it's good to see that you are thinking of preparing for IAS at this stage. You will definitely succeed if you have strong determination, devotion. You strategy must include continuous and serious preparation right from this moment. In this post I will try to guide you as best as possible.
You may already be aware of it but just as a introduction let me tell you that Union Public Service Commission conducts civil service examination. First you have to obtain bachelor's degree from a recognised university for becoming eligible for this exam.
The exam consists of mainly three stages Civil service aptitude test, civil service mains and interview.
Near about 2 lac students appear for aptitude test. Only 20,000 students are selected for mains exam. And for interview around double of number of vacancies are called for interview.
Become a IAS officer is very prestigious. So, civil service exam is also very much competitive.
Aptitude test consists of two papers. Paper I is of general studies which include constitution of India, history, geography, economics, science, current affairs. For this you have to build through knowledge of this subjects.
Paper II is a aptitude test which includes comprehension, inter personal skills, logical reasoning, general mental ability, decision making and problem solving.
For logical reasoning, comprehension buy good IAS exam books and solve as many as problem. It is very critical to build analytical skills, ability to process thoughts properly. It also tests your ability to make decision without comprising moral and ethical values. For knowledge on decision making, value, social research etc. I will recommend you to visit http://www.changingminds.org
You should also give special emphasis on general knowledge. You should read national level newspapers, magazines daily. Keep yourself up to date regarding various international affairs, political issues, economical issues and current events.
In main exam you have to choose two optional subjects. Choose subjects in which you have great command over and have greatest interests. Also you will have two language paper which includes english and a subject of your choice. You should build strong writing skill in both subjects.
For interview you will be required to have excellent communication skills. That means you should be a complete person to become IAS officer.
At last I would like to tell you that love your subjects learn it as you would learn music-for enjoyment but with dedication to attain perfection. Work daily to widen your vision. It is never too late to start. Start now and be a winner.
All the best
23rd July 2011, 02:46 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to proceed for IAS after 75% aggregate in 10 2?

Dear Sir,
Now i am studying B.tech 4th year.3 years back i melt with an accident and i lost my leg.Now i am thinking to prepare for civil examination.Please give me the clear information about reservation for physically handicapped,and requirements.
8th June 2012, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: How to proceed for IAS after 75% aggregate in 10 2?

Hey wat books should i read for paper 1
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?