29th December 2012, 01:05 AM
Archit Khanna

Am I eligible for IT/CS engineer to join Merchant Navy?

Sir, is there any eligibility for an IT/CS engeenier to join merchant navy?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IT/CS engineer to join Merchant Navy?
  2. Am I eligible for merchant navy after pursing B.E in electronics and communication branch
  3. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th?
  4. How to join merchant navy as an electrical engineer? What is the fee structure for correspondence course?
  5. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  6. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  7. I want to join Merchant navy as an engineer
  8. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the scope of B.Sc graduate to get a job in Merchant or Indian Navy? -- [New]
  10. Am i eligible to join the merchant navy as an engineer after completing diploma in mechanical Engineering?
  11. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  12. What is the procedure to join merchant navy?
  13. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy course after the completion of BE in CSE?
  14. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  15. How to do graduation in marine engineering after my engineering in mechanical? What is the eligibility criteria?
  16. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  17. Can I join Merchant navy after completing engineering from mechanical stream?
  18. Admission procedure of joining Merchant Navy after completing of IT engineering course? Is there any entrance exam to be answered?
12th May 2016, 08:11 AM
sah.alok932

Default Re: Am I eligible for IT/CS engineer to join Merchant Navy?

No IT/CS engineer can not join merchant navy,only those who have completed engineering in marine engineering,bachelor degree in nautical science and mechanical engineering.

B.SC in nautical science,three year undergraduate score is the best for merchant navy,after completing intermediate one can apply for nautical science,admissions are done on the basis of marks scored in intermediate.Fitness is major concern when applying for nautical science.

Engineering in marine engineering is another option for merchant navy just like nautical science,but here it is 4 year degree course in compare to three year course of nautical science,admissions are taken on the basis of entrance exams result and not directly.
Course fees is around 8 lakhs in four year.

Mechanical engineering is a course that helps to join merchant navy,but again there is a long two-three duration of courses required after mechanical engineering to join merchant navy,apart from these three there are no options to join merchant navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?