11th July 2013, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for merchant navy after pursing B.E in electronics and communication branch

sir/madam,
i am pursuing B.E. in electronics and communication branch
am i eligible for merchant navy please tell me sir/madam it is my dream to join merchant navy someone told me that there is no use of electronics engineer in merchant navy.........
i am very upset
emailid: [email protected]

Related Questions:
  1. Can a Btech ECE join Merchant Navy? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  3. Can i join merchant navy after graduation in electronics and communication engineering? I am 20 years old
  4. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma course?
  5. How can I join Merchant Navy after Electronics and Communication?
  6. Is there any scope of B.Tech in electronics and communication to get a job in merchant navy?
  7. How should I join Merchant Navy after completing 3 years diploma in industrial electronics branch
  8. Merchant Navy after b.tech in electronics & communication engineering -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Procedure to apply for merchant Navy after B.Tech(ECE)?
  10. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  11. Should I join Indian Navy or merchant navy? I have completed MSc electronics with 62%
  12. Merchant Navy for 3rd year B.Tech student? How to apply?
  13. Can I join merchant navy after passing 3 years diploma in electronics and communication engineering
  14. Can i join merchant navy after scoring 60% aggregate in B.Tech ETC? Is Liverpool university good for merchant navy training?
  15. Is it possible to join 1 year course of merchant navy after electronics and communication? Which are the best colleges and what is the fees?
  16. What is the criteria to join Merchant Navy? I have completed Polytechnic in industrial electronics
  17. Is there any scope to join in Merchant Navy after completing engineering in electronics and telecommunication branch?
  18. Is there any entrance exam for Merchant Navy? I am pursuing B.Tech in applied electronics engineering
18th July 2014, 11:29 PM
career.adjurer

Default Re: Am I eligible for merchant navy after pursing B.E in electronics and communication branch

Well in that case, good news for you is that you can join Merchant Navy as a Radio Officer. But for that you will have to do a 2 weeks GMDSS course. The job of a Radio Officer is operation, repair and maintenance of radio and the electronic communication equipment, radar and other navigational aids.
The eligibility criteria is:
• B.Tech in ECE with min 60% marks in aggregate.
• You should have undergone 10 – 12 months of pre sea training course offered by many Institutes like
a) Training Ship Chanakya, Navi Mumbai.
b) Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI), Kolkata
c) Marine Engineering & Research Institute (MERI) , Mumbai
d) Lal Bahadur Shastri College of advanced Maritime Studies and Research, Mumbai
Other criteria is :
• Age Limit- below 28 yrs.
• You should be medically fit i.e fit (strong physically and mentally) for sea-services under standard norms.
• No color blindness. Eyesight without glasses should be 6/6.
• You should be a citizen of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?