15th August 2017, 10:03 PM
Ganesh S Jadhav

Am I eligible to do B.Tech mechanical engineering in regular mode after completion of DME in distance mode?

I have completed DME from distance education then l want to BTech Mechanical in reputed college/university in regular it is possible? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible.

Related Questions:
16th August 2017, 07:24 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech mechanical engineering in regular mode after completion of DME in distance mode?

After completion of diploma in mechanical engineering with minimum of 60% marks you can give lateral entry entrance test(LEET) which is a lateral entry exam for getting admission in second year of engineering. Once you qualify in this exam with good marks then you will get admission directly in second year of engineering. Thanks
16th August 2017, 10:13 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech mechanical engineering in regular mode after completion of DME in distance mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganesh S Jadhav View Post
I have completed DME from distance education then l want to BTech Mechanical in reputed college/university in regular it is possible? Can you please give me the complete details on the same? Awaiting to get the response soon as possible.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for B.Tech in regular mode after completing your diploma in mechanical engineering but there is a condition that the institute where you have done diploma must be government recognized. If your diploma is from government recognized institute then you can apply for B.Tech in mechanical engineering in regular mode.

>> After diploma you can apply for lateral entry for B.Tech course through which the duration of B.Tech course is 3 years.

List of Colleges Offer B.Tech Mechanical Engineering:-

1). Abdul Kalam Institute of Technological Science.(Khammam(Andhra Pradesh)).

2). Abacus Institute of Engineering and Management – AIEM.(Hooghiy(West Bengal)).

3). ABR College of Engineering and Technology.(Prakasam(Andhra Pradesh)).

4). ABS Institute of Education and Management.(Nagpur(Maharashtra)).

5). ABSS Institute of Technology.(Meerut(Utter Pradesh)).

6). Adarsh College of Engineering.(Angul(Orissa)).

7). Ajmer Institute of Technology – AIT.(Ajmer(Rajasthan)).

8). AKIDO College of Engineering.(Bahadurgarh(Haryana)).

9). Akshaya Institute of Technology – AIT.(Tumkur(Karnataka)).
17th August 2017, 02:18 AM
manjira...

Default Re: Am I eligible to do B.Tech mechanical engineering in regular mode after completion of DME in distance mode?

Yes you can pursue B.Tech in mechanical engineering after completing your Diploma course in mechanical engineering.

You can apply for LEET examination to get direct admission in the 2nd year of B.Tech degree. There are many engineering colleges which accepts Lateral Entry through LEET score.

LEET is Lateral Engineering Entrance Examination. It is held by the state government. The eligibility criteria to apply for the LEET are

The candidate should have a Diploma in any stream of Engineering or have passed 1st year of B.Tech/B.E.
Minimum marks required by the general candidates in diploma is 45% and for the reserved category candidates 40%.
The candidates should have studied PCM.
The age of the candidates should be minimum 18 years.

If you score a good rank in the LEET examination you can easily get admission in a good college. However you also need to satisfy the eligibility criteria set by the college you want to take admission.
17th August 2017, 09:38 PM
starberry

Hello,

As you have completed diploma in mechanical engineering you will need to give LEET exam i.e. Lateral Entry Entrance Test. To appear for this test you will need minimum 60% marks in diploma. Through this test, based upon your score if you qualify you can get admission in good college in second year of engineering.

Thankyou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?