23rd March 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for DU MCA without having Maths at degree level(BCA)?

i m a bca student but dont have mathematics at degree level .m i eligible for du mca

1st May 2011, 08:27 AM
neerajshuran

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for DU MCA without having Maths at degree level(BCA)?

hello user,you are eligible for DU MCA because you have done bca and MCA is the master degree of bca .It is relate to the computer knowledge it require some basic knowledge about math which will be sufficient to you .i will advise you take addmission without any problem
13th June 2011, 03:21 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for DU MCA without having Maths at degree level(BCA)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m a bca student but dont have mathematics at degree level .m i eligible for du mca

If you are Interetsed to get admission in MCA programme in Delhi University, then for this you have to complete your graduation with atleast one paper in Mathematical Sciences under annual mode OR atleast two papers in Mathematical Sciences in semester mode or an equivalent degree, Minimum percentage required 60% marks in aggregate.

Final year Appering Candidates are also eligible to apply for MCA pogramme in Delhi University. The admission are based on entrance examination conducted by DU Computer science department and the entrance exam will be based on subjects like mathematical and quantitative ability test, logical and deductive ability test.

For admission into the MCA program you must have passed the 12th
examination and the degree courses with a minimum aggregate of 60% of the marks and they must have taken computer science and mathematics as a subject at their degree level.

So, if You have full the eligiblity criteria, then definitely you are eligible to apply for MCA Programme In Delhi University. In delhi university half of the seat are filled by Entrance examination and other remaining seats was filled by merit basis. So, You have done your BCA, so I think you are eligible to apply for DU MCA entrance test, For complete information please contact the delhi university Concerned department. And if you are eligible for MCA, Then please prepare for this examination according to the syllabus -

DU MCA Entrance Exam Paper -

Verbal Ability or Proficiency in English

Reading Comprehension

Mathematics & Quantitative Aptitude

Test of Reasoning

Data Interpretation

General Knowledge and Current Affairs

And for complete information about admission process and Procedure how to apply and Important dates, then please visit the official website of DU -

http://du.ac.in
13th June 2011, 03:30 PM
bhavna04
Senior Member+

Educational eligiblity for doing MCA:-

One should have complted their graduation with maths background and secure at least 60% marks in both the exams.

You can see the details of this entrance exam at this link:-
http://http://www.du.ac.in/index.php...id=366&cid=689
13th June 2011, 03:54 PM
sourindra

If you complete your BCA then you are surely eligible for MCA. But you have to give the entrance exam.
13th June 2011, 05:09 PM
shlrao
Senior Member+

Without math in your degree as a major subject you are not eligible to get admission in MCA from DU. Most of the universities are giving admission in MCA to those student who has maths in either 12th class or in graduation.

MCA eligibility at DU: B.Sc. (Honours) Computer Science (10+2+3 scheme) from University of Delhi or any other University whose examination is recognized as equivalent to University of Delhi with 60% marks in aggregate. And any bachelor degree from the University of Delhi with atleast one paper in Mathematical Sciences under annual mode/ atleast two papers in Mathematical Sciences in semester mode or an equivalent degree. Minimum percentage required 60% marks in aggregate

For more details about MCA at DU please visit the DU website here- http://cs.du.ac.in
16th June 2011, 07:35 PM
sachin6

Ya you are perfectly eligible. Bca after mca is good. And you can have more job opporunities.
3rd July 2011, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

I am bca student and i am tekan mca admistion in du please suggestion.
4th September 2011, 08:03 PM
Massmurugan

the eligibility criteria for MCA
you Should be passed wth 50% in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with Mathematics at 10 + 2 level.
OR
Should be a passed with 50% marks in any recognized Bachelor's Degree of minimum 3 year's duration in any discipline with Mathematics as one of the subjects.
only certain universities allow you to do MCA without maths so you need to contact the university regarding this
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?