2nd August 2012, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for engineering services after passing B.Tech Civil Engineering

sir,
i am in b.tech(civil engg.)final year.my date of birth is 25/02/1992.so,am i eligible engineering services 2013.In 2011 exam age was considered as on 01/08/2011,but in 2012 it is considering as on 01/01/2012.

24th April 2015, 05:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for engineering services after passing B.Tech Civil Engineering

Indian Engineering Services or Engineering Services examination is conducted by the Union Public Services Commission every year.

Eligibility criteria:

Any candidate who has done bachelor's degree in any discipline of engineering or technology is eligible to apply for the exam. Even final year candidates can apply for the exam.

But let me tell you that Engineering Services examination is conducted in only four streams of engineering:

1. Civil Engineering.

2. Mechanical Engineering.

3. Electrical Engineering.

4. Mechanical Engineering.

The minimum age limit is 21 year for candidates of any category. Yes, it is true that sometimes UPSC demands 21 years on 1st August of year of examination and sometimes on 1st January of year of examination. However on the official website 1st August is mentioned for calculation of 21 years.

So, you need to wait for notification of the year in which you will apply for the exam.

The upper age limit is 30 years for candidates of general category and 33 year for OBC candidates and 35 years for candidates of SC/ST category.

There is no limit on number of attempts for candidates of any category.

For any more information regarding UPSC Engineering Services exam, click here .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?