13th July 2017, 06:18 PM
sourabh s. kumbhar

Am I eligible to get direct second year admission after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Am I eligible to get direct second year admission after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering? Can you please provide me the needed information on the same? What are the steps to be followed to apply for college after diploma? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get direct 2nd year admission in NIT or IIT after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Is it possible to get direct admission for 3rd year civil engineering after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  3. Am I eligible to take admission for third year engineering after completion of diploma course?
  4. Am I eligible to get direct admission to 3rd year Civil engineering after completion of diploma in Computer Science engineering?
  5. Can I get direct admission to study Aeronautical Diploma if failed in 2nd year of Diploma Mechanical?
  6. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission for mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in Mining?
  8. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  9. Am I eligible to get admission for second year after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. How to get admission in 2nd year Aeronautical after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Can I get admission in direct 2nd year of Civil Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering Diploma?
  12. Can I do B.Tech in Mechanical or Electronics after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. How can I do Diploma in Mechanical engineering having completed Advance Machinist course?
  14. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  15. Procedure to take admission in BA part 1 after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [New]
  16. Which field should I choose after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 81% marks? Colleges for direct 2nd year admission to diploma in Mechanical Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Diploma colleges in Maharashtra providing direct admission? Direct admission in degree college is possible after Diploma?
  18. Is it possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion?
14th July 2017, 09:53 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get direct second year admission after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of English course after completion of your three years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course from a Government recognised institution. Candidates who have passed three years Diploma in Engineering course from a Government recognised institution are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course through lateral entry admission process. You need to appear and qualify the lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board to get lateral entry admission in second year of Engineering course.
15th July 2017, 06:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get direct second year admission after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to get admission directly in second year of engineering after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. But for admission, you will have to appear for Lateral Entry Entrance Test and clear it.

LEET is conducted by State Technical University. Diploma candidates who have scored 60% or more can apply for LEET exam.

Diploma candidates can also apply for Joint Entrance Examination for admission in Bachelor of Engineering in IITs.
15th July 2017, 06:56 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Diploma candidates can get admission in second year of Bachelor's degree in technology through Lateral Entry Entrance Test.

The eligibility criteria required for LEET exam:

Diploma candidate should have 60% marks at least to apply for LEET exam and get admission in second year of Mechanical engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?