18th February 2016, 06:21 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion?

I want to do IIT in mechanical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering. Right now i am in my last semester of diploma in Mechanical engineering. Kindly tell me if it is possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion? -- [New]
  2. How can I get admission in IIT Delhi after completing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  3. Can I get direct admission in IIT college after completing diploma?
  4. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  6. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  7. Can I take the admission in IIT after diploma? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same?
  8. Am I eligible to take admission in I.I.T after completion of diploma course?
  9. Is it possible for me to get lateral entry in IIT after completion of diploma course in information technology?
  10. Direct admission in 3rd semester of diploma after completing ITI?
  11. Best Polytechnic to pursue diploma course in Chemical Engineering or in Petrochemicals? Is it possible to take direct entry in 2nd year after completion of 3 years diploma course?
  12. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  14. It it possible for me to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?
  16. Diploma colleges in Maharashtra providing direct admission? Direct admission in degree college is possible after Diploma?
  17. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mining engineering?
  18. Is it worth taking admission in IITs for direct 2nd year admission? Procedure to take admission?
18th February 2016, 07:35 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion?

Sorry, to say that you are not eligible to get admission in IIT for pursuing Mechanical Engineering course because IIT's does not offer lateral entry admission in B.Tech course. To be eligible to get admission in IIT, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and you must have appeared and qualified JEE Main and Advance examination. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT for pursuing Mechanical Engineering course.
18th February 2016, 07:57 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion?

For diploma holders there isn't any lateral entry procedure in IITs. Therefore, you have to look for other options because IIT just offers admission in 1st year through JEE for 12th passed candidates.

You have to get admission in other colleges which have lateral entry seats available for diploma holders through entrance exams like LEET or JELET or state level entrance exam according to your domicile.
18th February 2016, 08:33 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Candidate can't get admission in IIT after completing diploma.
There is no procedure for lateral entry in IITs.
Only those candidate can apply for JEE Mains and JEE Advance exams who have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from any recognised university.
18th February 2016, 09:38 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to do IIT in mechanical engineering after diploma in mechanical engineering. Right now i am in my last semester of diploma in Mechanical engineering. Kindly tell me if it is possible to get direct admission in IIT after Diploma completion?
Yes, diploma candidates are eligible for IIT.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Main exam which is conducted for admission in IIT. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
21st February 2016, 02:43 PM
monikasiri

Student who complete diploma are not eligible to get into IIT.The only way we have to get into IIT is by completing +2 and writing IIT JEE entrance examination,get a rank and then join in any of the Indian Institute of Technology.But,you have pool of universities and colleges to do your Engineering from the second year.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?