lovej

Am I eligible to give IAS exam after completing B.E with IT field

hello sir i have completed BE with IT field so can i illigible to give IAS exam

1st October 2012, 10:35 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IAS exam after completing B.E with IT field

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer in future. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and is conducted by UPSC every year. You should have a degree to write IAS exam.

There are three stages in IAS exams.

=> Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
=> Main Exams
=> Interview

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

=> upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
=> upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

If your graduation is complete then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year, then notification is going to be published soon in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online from the official website.

The dates of Next year examination was already updated in the UPSC website.

Firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination, the examination is objective with negative marking, if you cracked this one then you are eligible to appear for main examination.

Main examination is descriptive and you have to choose optional subjects for Main examination. After Mains you have to appear for the final Interview.

Please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form online, for more details check official website of UPSC.

http://upsc.gov.in

good luck
1st October 2012, 10:37 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to give IAS exam after completing B.E with IT field

Hello dear,
Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS Officer in future. IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and is conducted by UPSC every year. You should have a degree to write IAS exam.

There are three stages in IAS exams.

=> Civil Service Aptitude Test(CSAT)
=> Main Exams
=> Interview

You must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:

=> upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
=> upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.

If your graduation is complete then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year, then notification is going to be published soon in the month of February and eligible candidates may fill the application form online from the official website.

The dates of Next year examination was already updated in the UPSC website.

Firstly you have to cracked the preliminary examination, the examination is objective with negative marking, if you cracked this one then you are eligible to appear for main examination.

Main examination is descriptive and you have to choose optional subjects for Main examination. After Mains you have to appear for the final Interview.

Please wait for the Notification and then fill the application form online, for more details check official website of UPSC.

http://upsc.gov.in

good luck
1st October 2012, 11:54 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

First of all I would like to tell you that there is no IAS exam .IAS stands for Indian Administrative services.

It comes under the category of civil services examination which is organised by UPSC every year.Civil services is the toughest and most prestigious examination of India

There is no need to worry about your eligiblity for the Civil services examinations for IAS.Since you have completed your bachelor's degree in engineering in information technology stream.

So dear your 100% eligible for the examinations.

Certain eligibility criteria regarding this examination are:

1.You must have completed your bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university byUGC.

2.Final year bachelor's degree candidates are also eligible for the examinations.

Information regarding age criteria:

It is decided as per caste /category to which you belong.

General category :21-30 years

Relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to sc/st respectively.

Physically challenged candidates get a special relaxation of ten years.

About no of attempts:

General:4

OBC:7

SC/ST: they are allowed to attempts all exams that fall within their age limit.

Civil services examinations consists of three stages :

1.Preliminary examination called Civil service aptitude test.

>>It contains two papers with duration of two hours each.

2.Main examination

>>It is held after almost five years of first stage.

3.Personal interview.

For any further details you may visit official website that is www.upsc.gov.in

Hope the information helps you.

Wishing you best of luck for your career.

aashisranjan784
2nd October 2012, 01:03 AM
violent viper

yes of course...

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?