22nd May 2010, 02:13 PM
saloni 2GB

Am I eligible to give IIT JEE exam if I write Improvemental exam and score more than 60%?

I have clear my 12(CBSE) in and my percentage is 59% .i want to give improvemental examination after that if i secure more than 60% then am i elligible for giving exam in iit jee pre examination

29th June 2011, 09:50 AM
sandymishra45

Smile Re: Am I eligible to give IIT JEE exam if I write Improvemental exam and score more than 60%?

Yes,you will be eligible for IIT JEE Entrance exams conducted for IIT, if you will secure 60% marks after improvement paper. But if you will not secure 60% after improvement,you will be disqualified.

IIT JEE allowed only two attempts to qualify this exam. So from the starting do very hard work. If you already started your preparation then it is nice because it takes 3 to 4 years hard work to qualify. The age limit for IIT JEE is 24 years or below. SC/ST/PD candidate have relaxation of up to 5 years. So keep this thing in your mind.
29th June 2011, 11:34 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IIT JEE exam if I write Improvemental exam and score more than 60%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saloni 2GB View Post
I have clear my 12(CBSE) in and my percentage is 59% .i want to give improvemental examination after that if i secure more than 60% then am i elligible for giving exam in iit jee pre examination
Yes you are eligible for IIT JEE EXAM after securing 60% marks in improvemental exam ................. THANKS
29th June 2011, 11:44 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IIT JEE exam if I write Improvemental exam and score more than 60%?

YES , you will be eligible for iit jee exam after securing more than 60% marks in improvemental exam.
29th June 2011, 12:54 PM
godwids

ya u will be got chance to take xam of iit jee but after completing improvment exam will be given only 1 time by u.
29th June 2011, 03:06 PM
sandeeptyagi100
Member+

yes dear
you can because iit only want 12 pass
and improvement exam marksheet show the same as orginal so don, mind

and best of luck
29th June 2011, 04:27 PM
naving

no you are not eligible for IIT only student who have scored more than 6o% in first examination of CBSE
29th June 2011, 05:11 PM
spratik08

hi saloni,
your question is right at your level.
but see, iit-jee is a tough entrance exam. for that, you should have to prepare atleast from your 11th standard.
now, you have cleared your 12th.if you want to attend it on next year, you should have to work very hard for. you should have to study now atleast for 12 to 14 hours a day.
it doesn't matter, how much you scored in your CBSE board exam or improvemental exam; you just study hard from right now.
for preparation of iit-jee, you refer:
R.D.SHARMA for MATHS
H.C.VERMA for PHYSICS
O.P.TONDON for CHEMISTRY
also you go for practicing previous year question papers.it will give a clear & brief idea about exam pattern.
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST !!
29th June 2011, 05:14 PM
spratik08

hi saloni,
your question is right at your level.
but see, iit-jee is a tough entrance exam. for that, you should have to prepare atleast from your 11th standard.
now, you have cleared your 12th.if you want to attend it on next year, you should have to work very hard for. you should have to study now atleast for 12 to 14 hours a day.
it doesn't matter, how much you scored in your CBSE board exam or improvemental exam; you just study hard from right now.
for preparation of iit-jee, you refer:
R.D.SHARMA for MATHS
H.C.VERMA for PHYSICS
O.P.TONDON for CHEMISTRY
also you go for practicing previous year question papers.it will give a clear & brief idea about exam pattern.
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST !!
29th June 2011, 07:01 PM
vidh
Senior Member+

ya ofcourse u r elligible.
29th June 2011, 08:39 PM
shubham957

Quote:
for giving iit jee entrance exam, the student must be having atleast 60% marks in 12th class. giving improvement exam will not affect if you secure 60% or more marks. so don't worry you will be eligible to give the exam.
29th June 2011, 09:45 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:
Eligibility for IIT JEE after 12th with compartment exam.

If you give the compartment examination and if you will get marks above then 60% then you are eligible to apply for IIT JEE. The result of the compartment examination is same as the main examination.

So, noting to worry do hard work and improve yourself in the compartment examination. After clearing the compartment examination you are eligible for the IIT JEE entrance exam.

Here i give you the eligibility criteria for IIT JEE :
Educational Qualification = The minimum educational qualification is pass 12th class with at least 60% marks. The candidates who are appearing in the 12th board exam are eligible to apply.

NOTE : A candidates can give IIT JEE entrance exam only two times once in the appearing in the 12th board exam and other in the next year.

Example = If you pass the 12th board exam in year 2011 then you can appear in the IIT JEE in 2011 and in 2012. You are not eligible in IIT JEE-2013.

For any more information regarding IIT JEE examination, please visit the official website of IIT :- http://www.iitd.ac.in

Regards
~Mukul~
30th June 2011, 01:38 AM
SUNNY PRAKASH

ya sure why not. this will improve your result as well as you 12th percentage will matter much in ahead studies. So without any delay go for it.
30th June 2011, 09:06 AM
Sagar Keshari

yes for iit jee you need to be passed class 12 with a minimum percentage of sixty percentage in physics chemistry and mathematics. but it is said that from 2012 the pcm percentage required till be raised by twenty percentage so there gona be some changes
30th June 2011, 04:20 PM

Smile Re: Am I eligible to give IIT JEE exam if I write Improvemental exam and score more than 60%?

yes u can apply for IIT JEE after getting 60% in 12th
30th June 2011, 11:29 PM
siddharthkathuria

Quote:

yes...you can give iit jee alongwith the improvement examination...but it will be counted as your second attempt and after that you cannot give it again..and also you need to clear them...
therefore...be clear and focus to what you are doing...
best of luck!
1st July 2011, 12:11 AM
kritika@Hans

hello friend......
the eligibility for iit is 60%.
but you may appear for it only two times i.e. suddenly after class 12 exam and another the next yeae....
so you may decide according to your wish.....
all the best
1st July 2011, 12:12 AM
kritika@Hans

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to give IIT JEE exam if I write Improvemental exam and score more than 60%?

hello friend......
the eligibility for iit is 60%.
but you may appear for it only two times i.e. suddenly after class 12 exam and another the next yeae....
so you may decide according to your wish.....
all the best
1st July 2011, 10:30 AM
Sumit Ahujaa

Yes As my knowledge you can appear in IIT JEE exam because IIT not required the eligibility of compartment or fail in 10th standard.
1st July 2011, 11:30 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: Am I eligible to give IIT JEE exam if I write Improvemental exam and score more than 60%?

Quote:
Hey friend,

IIT JEE - Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Exam

This is one of the toughest entrance exam which a candidate can face.As you have asked whether you are eligible for the IIT-JEE exam,i have mentioned the details below for your reference.

Qualifications:

1. The education qualification needed is a pass in +2 with 60% aggregate.For SC/ST it is 55%.
2. The candidates must have done their higher in science stream with PCM
3. The candidates must have born on or after October 01, 1980 are eligible for the exam.
4. For SC/ST and PD candidates the upper age limit for them is 5 years from the prescribes limits.
5. The candidates must submit their physical fitness certificate.

The exam consists of 2 stages namely:
1. Screening Test.
2. Main exam.

The candidates who qualify the screening test will be eligible for the main exam.

Thank you.
1st July 2011, 11:48 AM
harshgupta19m

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to give IIT JEE exam if I write Improvemental exam and score more than 60%?

Yes dear you are able to give IIT JEE exam after scoring 60% marks..........
No need to be hesitate you should ready to fight from now onwards.
1st July 2011, 12:31 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

Hello,
yes you can write for the exam, the qualification required is 60% from a recognized board,so go for it and write well!
1st July 2011, 01:54 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria For IIT JEE

The candidate should not be less than 18 years of age as on 1st Sept and maximum 25years in the year he is appearing for IIT-JEE. the age relaxation for obc/sc/st.

Minimum Academic Qualification :-The minimum academic qualification for
admission through JEE is a pass 12th .
Those appearing in 10+2 final may also appear in IIT-JEE exam.

you have secured 59% marks . its very good and you are elegible for IIT-JEE

I have attached best books for IIT-JEE
Attached Files
File Type: txt IIT JEE books.txt(867 Bytes, 57 views)
2nd July 2011, 12:44 AM

yes if u r eligible to get 60 or more than 60 than u can give iit exam
2nd July 2011, 12:47 AM
naveen7777

Yes if you are able to score above 60 percent then you can fill iit-jee because it is necessary above 60 per because when you will qualify they watch your marksheet after improval your marksheet will also change with improved marks
2nd July 2011, 12:58 AM
kengkora

yes.. you can... All the best
2nd September 2011, 04:37 PM
Unregistered

i have got 56% in class 12 in 2011 so i m giving improvement to get 60 %.....am i eligible for iit jee 2012???????
27th September 2011, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

I Have studied in Diploma 5th sem, am i eligible to give IIT JEE?
7th August 2012, 10:39 PM
Unregistered

i have got comp in maths.....am i eligible for iit....any disadvantage of compartment ?????
8th August 2012, 12:12 AM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

Yes,you will be eligible for IIT JEE Entrance exams conducted for IIT, if you will secure 60% marks after improvement paper. But if you will not secure 60% after improvement,you will be disqualified.

IIT JEE allowed only two attempts to qualify this exam. So from the starting do very hard work. If you already started your preparation then it is nice because it takes 3 to 4 years hard work to qualify. The age limit for IIT JEE is 24 years or below. SC/ST/PD candidate have relaxation of up to 5 years. So keep this thing in your mind.
8th August 2012, 06:10 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi...!!!

-->yes,you will be eligible for IIT-JEE entrance exam conducted for IIT,If you will score 60% marks after improvement paper.

-->But if you will not score 60% after improvement ,you will be disqualifield.

-->IIT-JEE allowed only two attempts to qualify this exam.so from starting work hard only.

-->if you have already started your preparation then it is nice because it takes 3 or 4 years hard work to qualify.

-->The age limit for IIT-JEE is 24 yrs or below.

-->SC/ST/OBC candidate have relaxation of up to 5 yrs.

-->so,work hard if you want success.

all the best....go ahead!!!
8th September 2012, 05:44 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Dear aspirant,
  • Yes, you will be eligible for IIT-JEE exam even after scoring above 60% marks in Improvement Exam.
  • If you score above 60% marks, then your marks will satisfy eligibility criteria for IIT-JEE exam.
  • And you can appear for IIT-JEE exam.
  • But note that, you would be given only two chances for appearing in IIT-JEE exam in consecutive years.
  • So, if you failed to qualify this exam in two attempts, you will not be able to appear in this exam any more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?