23rd June 2016, 11:05 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give JEE and NEET exam after completion of 11th with PCMB group?

Sir/Mam,

I am in 11th std
I chosen PCMB group..
Can I give both the exams JEE and NEET???? What is the procedure followed for applying for these exams? Can you please provide me the information soon? Thank you!

23rd June 2016, 12:09 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give JEE and NEET exam after completion of 11th with PCMB group?

You can apply for both Joint Entrance Examination for engineering courses as well as National Eligibility cum Entrance Test for undergraduate medical courses like MBBS and BDS as you have taken Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with Biology.

*For JEE, PCM category candidates can apply and for NEET exam, PCB subjects are necessary. For both exams, minimum of 50% marks in board exam is necessary.

*You can apply for these exams next year when you appear for board examinations.
23rd June 2016, 12:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give JEE and NEET exam after completion of 11th with PCMB group?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination where as NEET stands for National Eligibility cum Entrance test. Both these examinations are held once every year by CBSE for admission in the undergraduate technical courses and medical courses from government colleges respectively.

--> For appearing in the JEE, you must have completed your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects ( PCM group ) with a minimum of 60% aggregate from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is applicable for reserved category candidates.

--> Where as for appearing NEET, you are required to complete your Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology as your main subjects ( PCB group ) with a minimum of 50% aggregate from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is applicable for reserved category candidates.

** Also for appearing in both these examinations, you must have the nationality of India with your age lying under 25 years till 31st October for JEE and 31st December for NEET of that year in which you will pursue the first year of your desired undergraduate course.

Yes definitely you are eligible for appearing in both JEE and NEET if you have done your higher secondary degree course with PCMB group as it is evident from above eligibility criteria. But you marks and age must also satisfy the given criteria.

For more details about these examination you can visit the link www.cbse.nic.in or their respective official links which are www.jeemain.nic.in and www.aipmt.nic.in respectively.
23rd June 2016, 01:41 PM
Mamatha97
Junior Member+

You can not eligible for NEET after completing 11th PCMB. You need to complete 12th with PCMB.

Eligibility of NEET:

Indian and overseas citizens also eligible.

Candidate should complete the 12th standard with physics, chemistry, mathematics and Biology subjects.

Candidate required minimum percentage is 45% for general candidates. 40% of marks required for SC/ST and OBC candidates.

Candidate minimum age limit is above 17 years.

Candidate maximum age limit is below 25 years.

5 years upper age relaxation for SC/ST and OBC candidates.
23rd June 2016, 04:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for JEE and NEET examination after pursuing PCMB from any recognised board.

The eligibility to appear for JEE examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing PCM as main paper in 10+2.

To appear for NEET examination required eligibility is candidates must have passed or appearing for 10+2 with PCB a main paper.

So, you are eligible to appear for both the examination and after qualifying in the examination eligible for admission in engineering or medical courses.
23rd June 2016, 05:29 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

No you are not eligible to give JEE and NEET exam after completion of 11th.

For JEE and NEET examination you will fulfill the following criteria:-

For JEE-

You have to passed Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination with Physics, Mathematics and chemistry subjects and you have to obtained minimum 50% marks in 12th examination.

For NEET-

You have passed 12th with at least 50% for General category student & 40% marks for SC/ST/OBC category student in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together.
23rd June 2016, 07:46 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Yes. You can apply & appear both the exam JEE Main as well as NEET as you have maths & biology both subjects in (10+2).

JEE Main Exam

JEE Main Application Procedure
- Visit the site : www.jeemain.nic.in
- Register online using valid Email ID & Mobile Number.
- Note application number & generated password.
- Log In & Fill the application form details such as Personal Details , Exam Details , Academic Details , Guardian Details etc.
- Upload the scanned Photograph & Signature.
- Make a application fee payment.
- Click "Final Submit" to submit your application.

JEE Main Important Dates
- Application Procedure Starts : November , 2016
- Ending of Registration : January , 2017
- Availability of Admit Cards : March , 2017
- JEE Main Exam : April ,2017

NEET Exam

NEET Application Procedure
- Visit the site : www.aipmt.nic.in
- Click " Apply Online".
- Complete first part of application. Note application number.
- Go to second part of application. Upload scanned photograph , signature & thumb impression.
- Select mode of payment & make a payment.
- Submit your application.

NEET Important Dates
- AIPMT Exam : 1st May , 2016
- NEET II Application Procedure Starts : 26/05/2016
- Last Date of Application NEET II : 21/06/2016
- NEET Phase II Exam : 24/07/2016
- NEET II Result Declaration : 17/08/2016
23rd June 2016, 08:55 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main is a National level engineering entrance examination which is conducted for offering admission to interested candidates in engineering programmes at NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs. NEET is a National level Medical entrance examination which is conducted for offering admission to interested candidates in medical programmes like MBBS, BDS, etc., in Government and Private Medical Colleges of India.

Eligibility Criteria :-

=> JEE Main :- To be eligible to appear in JEE Main examination, you should have completed your 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a Government recognised board.

=> NEET :- Candidates who have passed 12th standard with Biology/ Bio-technology, Physics, Chemistry and English subjects individually and those who have secured an aggregate of 50% marks in Biology/ Bio-technology, Physics and Chemistry subjects taken together from a Government recognised board are eligible to appear in NEET examination.

You must be at least 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission to first year of MBBS/ BDS courses.

Application Process :-

=> JEE Main :- You can apply for JEE Main examination through online by filling application form at www.jeemain.nic.in once, the notification for JEE Main examination has released.

=> NEET :- You can apply for NEET examination through online by filling application form at http://aipmt.nic.in/aipmt/Registrati...yForNEET1.aspx once, the notification for NEET examination has released.
23rd June 2016, 11:25 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for both these exams.

For JEE mains a candidate must have passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with minimum 60% marks and for medical entrance Biology the compulsory subject. As you have passed your 12th with Physics, Chemistry ,Mathematics and Biology hence you are eligible.
23rd June 2016, 11:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible for both these exams because for JEE exam a candidate must have passed class XII with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and for medical entrance exam Biology is the compulsory subject in class +1 and +2. As you are PCMB student hence you are eligible.
24th June 2016, 01:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am in 11th std
I chosen PCMB group..
Can I give both the exams JEE and NEET???? What is the procedure followed for applying for these exams? Can you please provide me the information soon? Thank you!
Yes, you can give JEE and NEET entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for NEET entrance exam but your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.

Those who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years.
25th June 2016, 12:26 PM
Sri Kavya Ketagani

You are eligible for both JEE(Joint Entrance Examination) and NEET(National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) exams.

You can apply for both exams after completing your 12th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?