5th October 2015, 12:59 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS being graduate from well known university?

I am a graduate student from well known university, but i was failed maths subject in intermediate course, is i am eligible for I.A.S ( UPSC )

5th October 2015, 10:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS being graduate from well known university?

IAS stands for the Indian Administrative Services. UPSC is the examination conducting council which conducts entrance exam called Civil Services examination for the different services like IAS, IPS, IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria for this examination is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for the exam. The age limit for the candidate is 21-32 years and upper age relaxed for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

If you have passed your bachelor's degree even with passing percentage of marks then you can apply for this exam. There is no problem if you failed in mathematics in 10+2 and later on cleared it. The notification for next year exam will come on 23/04/2016. After that you can apply for the exam at www.upsconline.nic.in.
5th October 2015, 11:50 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for the Indian Administrative Service exam called Civil Services exam as you are graduate student from a well known University but make sure that your university is recognized by the UGC.

There is nothing to worry about 10+2 academic details. The age limit is 21-32 years. Reserved category candidates have upper age limit relaxations.

Official website; www.upsc.gov.in.
6th October 2015, 09:08 PM
H Rimmy

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Exam which is conducted by UPSC union public service commission .It does not matter if you failed in mathematics subjects but it is necessary to cleared it.
Eligibility criteria for IAS exam - A candidate must have graduate from any recognized university with minimum 50% marks .
Age should between 21 to 30 years.
For OBC candidates 3 years relaxation.
For SC/ST candidates 5 years relaxation.
Exam will be on the basis of objective type written exam.

The notification for upcoming IAS exam will be update very soonly.
7th October 2015, 01:30 AM
RRAL

IAS stand for the Indian administration services. For this post you have to appear in the civil service examination. This exam is conducted every year by the Upsc.

The eligibility for this exam is to have a graduation degree course in any discipline from a good and recognized university with good percentages.

The student who wish to appear in the exam, their age must be lie in between 21 yeras to 32 years to be eligible for This exam. For Sc/St it should be in between 21 to 35 years and for OBC it should be in between 21 years to 37 years .
7th October 2015, 10:19 PM
maakaladla

IAS stands for indian administrative service. These entrance exam can be conducted by UPSC

Eligibility :-
candidate passed graduate in a recognized university with a mininmum of 50% marks.

Age less then 22 years.

Age relaxation only for SC and OBC candidates.

The test are based on written mode.

more detail go to the site:

www.upsc.gov.in
15th March 2021, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Can i apply for upsc if ifail in maths I classes but pass my graduation success fully
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?