24th August 2011, 11:42 PM
p2a

Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam after doing the 3 years degree course in BSc Optometry?

hello, i am pia gill. i am second year student of bsc optometry. it is a three years degree. am i eligible for the ias entrance exam after i complete my degree.

26th August 2011, 09:04 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam after doing the 3 years degree course in BSc Optometry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p2a View Post
hello, i am pia gill. i am second year student of bsc optometry. it is a three years degree. am i eligible for the ias entrance exam after i complete my degree.
IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year, So if your aim is to become IAS Officer then for this you need to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination.

The examination was held every year in the Month of April/May. The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper or in the UPSC Official website in the month of February.

>> For this examination any graduate candidates are eligible, So you need to complete your Graduation and then you are eligible to apply for this examination.

>> So, after completing Graduate degree course you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, Final year Graduate candidates are also eligible for this examination.

>> But Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Only then you are apply for this examination, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC and other reserved category candidates.

>> General candidates will gets only 4 Attempts in this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No attempts are allowed for SC/ST Candidates.

Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online OR Offline, The Offline application form Can be Obtained form the designated post offices in India.

The Candidates may apply for this examination in the month of February after the Notification and If you want to get More Information, then please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
26th August 2011, 09:33 PM
gopal.kona

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS entrance exam after doing the 3 years degree course in BSc Optometry?

yes u r eligible.
26th August 2011, 10:56 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Dear friend ,

After completion of your GRADUATION degree , you are eligible for IAS exam.

You must be graduate from any dicipline from any recogniged university.

Also your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Age relaxation is provide fro OBC/SC/ST candidate . For OBC candidate have age relaxation for 3 years and for SC/ST candiadte have age relaxation is 5 years.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in a year .

So for more deatails you can visit to upsc own website.

All the best.
27th August 2011, 02:21 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
Yes you are eligible for this exam, prepare for it you can have the best coaching centers for it in Delhi,so go there and take admission .
Best of luck.
10th September 2011, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

What age limit & I am obc (2A) belongs to age 25 to do eligible for IAS
30th September 2011, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

hi sir iam complete one year degree in arts group.Now iam worked in 4`th level employ in central govt. i interested about civils , plz tell me about one year degree elgible for civils
30th September 2011, 01:21 PM
Unregistered

hi sir tell me abt 1 year degree elgible for civils
5th November 2011, 10:58 PM
Unregistered

hello, m a second year student of optometry in india. what qualifications do i need to have for starting career in usa?
27th December 2011, 04:30 PM
rrmm92

you are eligible for IAS exam.
You must be graduate from any dicipline from any recogniged university.
Also your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.
Age relaxation is provide fro OBC/SC/ST candidate . For OBC candidate have age relaxation for 3 years and for SC/ST candiadte have age relaxation is 5 years.
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC in a year .

you may apply for this examination in the month of February after the Notification and If you want to get More Information, then please visit the UPSC Official website -

http://upsc.gov.in
29th December 2011, 06:03 PM
Unregistered

i am born on 15 november 1981 next year ias exams iam eligible
7th August 2012, 01:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir i have done my bsc optometri 3 year degree and done my diploma in optometri so can i am elegible IAS exam and any post elegible
7th August 2012, 03:57 PM
EALPExpert

Quote:
Information About IAS Exam :

IAS stands for indian administration service conducted by the union public service commission under the civil serves exams for become a dist collector position and for become a IAS officer you need to qualify the following required requirements they include.

Become a IAS officer, required educational qualifications are you must completed the GRADUATION from recognized university and here not required any percentage. And also required age limit should be between 21-30 years for general category candidates and 21-33 years for OBC category candidates and 21-35 years for SC/ST candidates.

And general candidates can attempt 4 times and OBC candidates can apply only 7 times and here no limit for SC/ST category candidates. So according your information you can apply for civil services exams and the UPSC has inviting the online applications for attending and writing the preliminary exam and main exam and interview for become a IAS officer.

~~ Reagrds
EALPExpert
7th August 2012, 04:03 PM
epson

yes, you can definitely be eligible.. it is not that the course you are pursuing is not linked with the exam perhaps it is. you have a choice to select the subjects and accordingly you can attempt for the exam.. there are subjects from commerce to environment subjects . so which of it will fit you select it and start preparing.

secondly the age required is from 21-30 so since you lie in between after completing the degree .. so without listening to anyone start preparing ..

All the best..!!
7th August 2012, 04:14 PM
epson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am born on 15 november 1981 next year ias exams iam eligible
you are 30 now and the next year you will be 31 in that case according to the age limit of 21-30 you are not eligible but ....

you can attempt with a way that is if you are a Obc or any other caste other than general then my friend you can definitely attempt ..as you will have a age compensation that is the age limit for these caste's will be increased by 2 or 3 yrs .. in this way you can have a chance
7th August 2012, 05:38 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

IAS - INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

Graduate in any stream of education from a recognised University, is eligible to apply for IAS Civil Service Examination.

Apart from this academic qualification, one must be an Indian National within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

You will be eligible to apply for Civil Service exam after 3 years degree course in B.Sc. Optometry. you can also apply for the same during your final year Degree exam.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th September 2017, 05:31 PM
kunalroy89

Graduation from any stream is eligible for Civil Service exam. If your University is UGC recognised and college is AICTE Approved (for Technical Courses only) then any Graduation degree is valid for UPSC civil services or other bank exams.
22nd June 2018, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for lAS entrance exam after doing the 3 years bsc optometry from a private hospital?
4th November 2018, 04:53 PM
Unregistered

I am a bsc dialysis therapist completed 3 year bsc course. Am i eligible for writing civil service exam
17th November 2018, 10:30 PM
Meg24

Hello,
Yes you are eligible for the Upsc conducted Cse examination.
As there is no specific educational qualifications required, any Indian graduate who is above the age of 21 and who has graduated from a recognised Indian University can apply.
If you are above the age of 21, you can easily apply.
Also start preparing for the same by reading newspaper.
Good luck
4th September 2020, 11:48 AM
Unregistered

can I attend tnpsc exam after completing bsc nutrition
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?