28th June 2011, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category?

i am 32 years old &gernerl category can i attempt ias exams. I am very much interested to become IAS officer.

28th June 2011, 05:06 PM
shubham957

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am 32 years old &gernerl category can i attempt ias exams. I am very much interested to become IAS officer.
sorry but you are not eligible for the exam. the minimum eligibility qualification required for giving ias exam is that the student must have done graduation in any field with atleast 60% marks and should be in the age limit if 21 to 30 years. since you have crossed the age limit, you are not eligible for the exam
28th June 2011, 06:24 PM
VEERU_VIRENDR
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category?

Hello,
Sorry to say that your age has exceeded the age related criteria for IAS exam under upsc.
The age limit for genreal candidate is-21-31yr. On 1st july of exam year.
No. Of attempts is 4 for general category. moreover you can apply for other exams, which are for the purpose to fill the vacant posts in government services.
For more information you can visit the official site of upsc-www.upsc.gov.in
28th June 2011, 07:39 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Friend, you are not eligible for IAS .

Educational Qualifications :- Bachelor’s degree of a recognised
university.

IAS:- Age limits :- For general - 21 to 30
For OBC - 21 to 33
For SC/ST - 21 to 35
For Ex-service men it is 5 years from the prescribed age limits.

Attempts:-The attempts for several categories are:

For Open -4
For OBC -7
For SC/ST - No limit.
28th June 2011, 08:07 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Quote:
As you are general category candidate you are not eligible at this age:

A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August, 2011, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1981 and not later than 1st August, 1990.
(b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable :
(i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe.
(ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
28th June 2011, 08:30 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
If you are Interested to become a IAS Officer then for this you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination and to apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, if you are belong to general category.

But You are Now 32 Years, So You are Not Eligible for IAS Examination.

Because For General Candidates The age Limit not be more than 30 years And Now you are 32 years Old, Then You are Not Eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

For this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Only then you are eligible to apply for This examination.

The Upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

So, Only Graduate Candidates between the age of 21 To 30 Years are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, The Examination was held 2 times in a year and the notification was published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website.

For more information please check the given notification -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 106 views)
28th June 2011, 08:31 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category?

Civil Service Aptitude Test Or Civil Service Exam is conducted by upsc Government every year. Its having Two exam one is prelims and 2nd one is Mains(you are eligible for this Exam if and only if you clear prelims.)

For Eligibility you must be A bachelor's Degree from Recognized university. Age limits are 21 to 30 years of age.

So you can conclude that a General Guy can Give 8-9 times CSAT exam in his Life time till he doesn't complete his 30 years of age.

After cracking CSAT exam , you can Go for IAS Officer.

It is having Two Exam one is Preliminary And 2nd One is Mains. If you clear Preliminary then only you are allowed to sit for Mains.

Quote:
But as seen from your Age which is 32 you can't Give the Exam now because you have already exceeded the age limit and being a General Candidate you are limit to 30 years only.
28th June 2011, 10:54 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

If you belong to general category candidates then you are not eligible for the IAS examination. The maximum age for the general category candidates is 30 years.

To appear in the IAS exam the minimum educational qualification is graduation in any stream and the age must be between 21 to 20 years at the time of appearing of this examination.

The age relaxation is also applicable for the candidates belong to the reservation category.

The UPSC conducts the Civil services examination in every year for the selection of talented candidates of India. If you want to get any more information regarding IAS exam then please visit the official website of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in

Regards
~Mukul~
29th June 2011, 01:51 AM
MonuRai

Dear,

Sorry to say , but you are not eligible for the IAS exam because the age limitation criteria is as follows:-

--> 21-30 years for the general category.

--> 21-35 years for the SC/ST.

--> 21-33 years for the OBC.

The minimum educational qualification required is to be a graduate.

More details:- www.upsc.gov.in.

Thanks.
29th June 2011, 05:38 PM
sandymishra45

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category?

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam

For General category -

For IAS examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, Only then you are eligible to apply for IAS examination.

So,you are not eligible for IAS exam as you are lie in general category.

So, Only Graduate Candidates between the age of 21 To 30 Years are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination. The Examination was held 2 times in a year and the notification was published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website.

thank you
6th July 2011, 10:18 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

SORRY TO SAY BUT SIR YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO GIVE THE UAS EXAM.

as you are 32 years old and belongs to general category.

to give ias exam for the student belongs to general category , student must belongs to the 21 years to 30 years. and must completed graduation in recognized university.

for more information about the upsc and its services kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in

thanks
6th July 2011, 01:17 PM
umathkavi

No, sir you are not eligible to apply for IAS examination because the eligibility criteria is as follows:

To apply for IAS your age should be 21-30 years for general category.
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.

You should be a graduate in any disciple.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
28th August 2011, 10:45 PM
sanju38121

sorry sir, as you are belongs to general category and age limit for general category is between 21 to 30 years so you have cross the age limit so you are not eligible for I.A.S exam.
28th August 2011, 11:57 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Exclamation Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category?

Quote:
Hey friend,

Details for IAS:

IAS is one of the civil service exam of India and this exam is carried out by UPSC every year.

The stages by which the candidates are selected are:

• Preliminary exam.
  • Main exam
  • Interview.

The selection of candidate for the post of IAS officer is a step by step process.

You are not eligible for the IAS exam being a General category candidate of 32 years as the age limit for general category category candidates is 21-30 years.

For SC/ST category it is 21-35 years.

For OBC category candidates it is 21-33 years.

If you are a SC/ST or OBC candidate then you would have got chances of writing the IAS exam.

For more information regarding the exam you can check at http://www.upsc.gov.in
29th August 2011, 12:35 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

for GENERAL category students the age limit for IAS is 30 years.

so as your age has exceeded it so you will not be able to appear for it.

all the best.
29th August 2011, 12:46 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear friend

for GENERAL category students the age limit for IAS is 30 years.

so as your age has exceeded it so you will not be able to appear for it.

all the best.
29th August 2011, 12:50 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

Hello dear

sorry to say, you are not eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category.

the eligibility criteria for IAS exam is for general candidate is given

>>Nationality
candidate must be a citizen of India.

>>Age Limits:

21-30 years for general candidate.

>>Minimum Educational Qualifications:

The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

etc.

as your age is not within the limit of age criteria, so you are not eligiable for IAS exam.

all the best..........
29th August 2011, 02:24 AM
sandipk
Senior Member+

The elligibility as per the age for IAS exam is the age should between 21 to 30..
Fro ganeral student.
And for SC/ST it's 5 years and on OBC its 3 year of concession is there..

if you belong to general category then you are not elligible.

how ever if you belong to sc/st/obc.
then you are..

~~~~
29th August 2011, 03:46 PM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
I am sorry to say but you are not eligible for IAS exam, because the upper limit for age for IAS exam is 30 years(General category).I am giving you the criterion details:

1>You have to be a graduate from any recognized university by Govt. of India.
2>Your age should be between 21-30(5 years relaxation for SC/ST and 3 years relaxation for OBC)
3>You should be an Indian

So,you should try other exams.
30th August 2011, 10:04 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

no, you are not eligible for the ias exam, because you have cross the age limit.
the age criteria is 21 to 30 years for general.
so, you not eligible for ias.
9th October 2011, 01:06 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

As, the age limit for IAS exam is 21-30 for a general candidate. so, sorry to say that you are not eligible for this examination.
IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year, for appear in this exam a candidate must possess a graduate degree in any stream.
there are 5 & 3 years of age relaxations are applicable for SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.
10th October 2011, 07:34 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

No more eligible for IAS exam.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:
Candidate should have complete graduation degree with any stream from a recognized university.
Age should be between 21 to 30 years for General category,21 to 33 years for OBC category,21 to 35 years for SC/ST category candidates.

For more details,then see this attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 118 views)
23rd December 2011, 10:20 AM
Unregistered

Dear friend,
Sori your are not able to take up IAS exam because as per the rules for general category upto 30 years can take up the exam and you can have four attempts. As you have crossed the age limit so you are not eligible to take up the exam.
4th May 2012, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam with 34years of age and with General category?

am i eligible for IAS exam with 34 years of age .i have completed m.com and LLB.am very much interested to become IAS officer.[/QUOTE]
5th May 2012, 06:57 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam with 34years of age and with General category?

Quote:
am i eligible for IAS exam with 34 years of age .i have completed m.com and LLB.am very much interested to become IAS officer.
[/QUOTE]

I am very to inform you, that, you are not eligible for the civil service exams ,with general category.
As the age limit for the general candidates for the civil service examination is 21-30 years
There are 5 &3 years of the age limit relaxations are also applicable for the SC\ST & OBC candidates respectively.

The educational requirements for this CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, which is conducted by the UPSC every year is a graduation degree from a recognized college in any stream.

With warm regards!!
~gamble~
9th May 2012, 12:48 AM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

No no no, you are not eligible for IAS exam being a candidate of general with an age 34years because for general category candidates the maximum age is 30years.

IAS(Indian Administrative Service) exam is conducted by the UPSC two times in every year.

The candidate who are completed their graduation is eligible for IAS exam.

Age criteria:

For general candidates 21 years to 30 year,

For OBC candidates 21 year to 33 years,

For SC/ST candidates 21 years to 35 years.

You are a general category candidates so you are not eligible for IAS exam.

For more details visit the official website of upsc

All the best
9th May 2012, 11:44 PM
sirimulla srikanth
Senior Member++

Hai....

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to write IAS exam.The minimum Qualification required for this exam is graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

AGE ELIGIBILITY FOR THIS EXAM:

age limit for this exam is 21 to 30 years.

Graduate students are applicable.

SELECTION PROCEDURE:

1.preliminary exam

2.Main exam

3.Interview

For more information regards visit www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST....
13th August 2012, 05:25 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

If you are Interested to become a IAS Officer then for this you have to appear for the UPSC Civil services examination and to apply for this examination your age should between 21 to 30 years, if you are belong to general category.

Because For General Candidates The age Limit not be more than 30 years And Now you are 32 years Old, Then You are Not Eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination.

For this examination Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Only then you are eligible to apply for This examination.

So, Only Graduate Candidates between the age of 21 To 30 Years are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination, The Examination was held 2 times in a year and the notification was published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website.

For more information please check the given notification -

Attached Files
cs2011_eng.pdf(346.2 KB, 1 views)

THANK YOU
13th August 2012, 07:11 PM
patel4859

Hi friends.....

Eligibility of IAS:-

(i) Age limits :

21-30 years as on 1.7.2012. (Upper age limit relaxable for SCs/STs, OBCs and certain other categories as specified ).

(ii) Educational Qualifications :

Bachelor’s degree of a recognised university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physcs, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Enginerring or an equivalent qualification
13th August 2012, 07:37 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Sir!!
I would like to inform you,You are not eligible for this civil service examination..As you are over-aged.
Through this civil service examination, conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC) every year, one can apply for the Indian administrative & police services.(IAS\IPS)..

As the age limit for this examination for general candidates are 21-30 years..

The educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream.

The age limit-

21-30 years for the general ...
21-33 years for the OBC candidates..
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates..

This civil service examination has three stages to be clear, in order to become a IAS..
1. CSAT (CIVIL SERVICE APTITUDE TEST)

2. MAINS

3. INTERVIEW..

CSAT examination pattern-

No. of optional subjects in CSAT-

Physical standards-

Important dates-

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
14th August 2012, 01:05 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

Thanks
17th October 2012, 07:03 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Although you have completed your graduation , but can not apply for this Indian Administrative Service (IAS)..

Its good to know that, you want to serve the nation, I appreciate it.But I am sorry to inform you, you are not eligible for this examination , as you are over-aged.
The age limit for appear in this examination under general category in 21-30 years,. As you have crossed the age limit limitation you are not eligible.

In order to become a IAS officer, you must have to clear the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).

As the minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream but from a recognized college.

This civil service examination, has three stages to be clear, in the way of a IAS aspirant.

2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT EXAM PATTERN-

NO. OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT-

MAINS EXAM PATTERN-

NO. OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN MAINS --

Age limit--

21-30 years for the GENERAL CANDIDATES,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,..

No. of attempts--

4 for the GENERAL CANDIDATES,
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,..

You must have Indian nationality.

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
17th October 2012, 07:06 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

Although you have completed your graduation , but can not apply for this Indian Administrative Service (IAS)..

Its good to know that, you want to serve the nation, I appreciate it.But I am sorry to inform you, you are not eligible for this examination , as you are over-aged.The Upper age relaxation is only applicable for SC, ST and OBC Candidates.

The age limit for appear in this examination under general category in 21-30 years,. As you have crossed the age limit limitation you are not eligible.

In order to become a IAS officer, you must have to clear the CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION, conducted by the UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION (UPSC).

As the minimum educational requirement for appear in this examination is a graduation degree in any stream but from a recognized college.

This civil service examination, has three stages to be clear, in the way of a IAS aspirant.

2. MAINS
3. INTERVIEW.

CSAT EXAM PATTERN-

NO. OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN CSAT-

MAINS EXAM PATTERN-

NO. OF OPTIONAL SUBJECTS IN MAINS --

Age limit--

21-30 years for the GENERAL CANDIDATES,
21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,..

No. of attempts--

4 for the GENERAL CANDIDATES,
7 for the OBC candidates,
No such restriction for the SC\ST candidates,..

You must have Indian nationality.

For more information please check the given URL--

www.upsc.gov.in

Thank you!!!
~gamble~
18th October 2012, 02:38 PM
Saran 18

Quote:

Dear Aspirant sorry to inform. Your not eligible to appear IAS Exam. Due to age difference.

Regarding Eligibility criteria for IAS exam

For General category -

The Candidate apply for IAS examination age limit should between 21 years to 30 years,

So,you are not eligible for IAS exam as you are lie in general category.

Other than GC Candidates Age limit

>>21-33 years for the OBC candidates,
>>21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,..

for more information about the upsc and its services kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
2nd February 2013, 04:06 PM
onlyforyou
Senior Member+++

Dear There,

The acronym for IAS is Indian Administrative Services.

The eligibility criteria required for IAS are prescribed as below:-

* Completion of graduation in any discipline from any recognised college or university.

* Age limit- 21-30 yrs for General, 21-33 yrs for OBC and 21-35 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Age relaxation- 3 yrs for OBC and 5 yrs for SC/ST contendors.

* Nationality- Indian.

Hope the above mentioned will help you to get the information you were searching for.

2nd February 2013, 04:26 PM
mayankt

Hi,

As far as elegiblity for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category is concern sorry you are not eligible for this exam coz as far as max age for the same is 30 yrs for general category.
If you want to become an IAS stand INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES for that you have to apply civil services exam
Civil Services Exam Will be held in Three Round .
1. Preliminary Exam
2. Main Examination
3. Interview Test
1. Preliminary Exam - This is an objective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, qualifies tothe second phase.
2. Main Exam - This is a subjective type questions based test which if the candidate passes, passes to the third phase after clear this you can go for interview round
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
#Qualification
Candidate must have graduation Degree in any stream,No specific marks are required,Final year students are also eligible
#.Age Limits
For gen-21-30 years
For obc- 21-33 years
For sc/st- 21-35 years
#.Attempts
General- 4
Obc- 7
Sc/st- no limit

Best book for Civil services Exam:-
#.CSAT: Interpersonal, Communication, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills (Paper 2)
by
Shalini Verma
Publisher: Pearson

#.UPSC Portal CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2)
by
Sachchida Nand Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

#.UPSC Portal CSAT General Studies Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 1)
by
Jha, Jha
Publisher: UPSC Portal

Notification for the next exam will come out on 2nd February 2013
Prelims exams will be held on 19th May 2013
Mains will held on
08-11-2013

for Previous Years Question Papers you can refer www.upsc.gov.in
You can fill the online application form fromthe official website www.upsconline.nic.in

Good Luck...
2nd February 2013, 04:51 PM
vubabharath
Junior Member+

Hello sir ,
As you are thinking to join for IAS
, it is a very good idea ..
But as you mentioned that your age is 32 and you belong to general category ,
Am really sorry to inform you that you are not eligible ..

But there is an exception for the ex-service men ...so if you are an ex-servicemen you can apply for it

Hope this information is useful

ALL THE BEST
2nd February 2013, 05:21 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi!
I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for Civil Services exam at the age of 32 year.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age limit For I.A.S exam:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year
2nd February 2013, 05:26 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Unfortunately you are not eligible for the Indian Administrative Service. The age limit for General students to appear for Civil Service Examination is 30 years. You are 32 years old therefore it would not be possible for you to apply.

The Union Public Service Commission will not allow you to appear. I am afraid it is not possible for you to apply. You should consider some other career option. The relaxation is the upper age limit is only given to reserve category candidates.

IAS Eligibility

1. You should be of Indian origin.

2. Bachelor degree in any discipline.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC and ST are eligible for maximum of 5 years relaxation.

Selection Process

1. Preliminary Exam

2. Main Exam

3. Interview

Attempts

1. General - 4

2. OBC - 7

3. SC/ST - no limit
2nd February 2013, 05:47 PM
DKG7
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam with 32 years of age and with General category?

Quote:

hi friend,

Sorry , you are not eligible for IAS exam.............

Those candidate have completed Graduation Study in any Discipline from Recognized Universities. Age Limit :- 21- 30 years for general category,( for OBC +3 , For SC/ST +5)....

Final years student who are waiting for their final result can also apply for it....

there are only 4 attempts available for General category (For OBC 7 attempt limit and for SC/ST no attempt limit).....

Exam Pattern:

The exam have three stages:

1 Prelim Exam
2 Main Exam
3 Personal Interview

All the best.........

2nd February 2013, 05:56 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

Eligibility for IAS exam is
IAS is a civil service exam conducted by UPSC board
The age limit for civil service exam is 21-30 years, relaxation for 3years for obc, relaxation for 5years is given for sc/st's
the no.of chances for filling the form is general category-4, obc-7 and no limit for sc/st
candidates must complete graduation from recognized board in India.
all the best
2nd February 2013, 06:22 PM
sanj69
Senior Member+

No, at the age of 32 years from General Category, you are not eligible for IAS, Civil Service Exam.

Age criteria for Civil Service exam:-

For General Category Candidate - 21 to 30 years

For OBC Category candidate - 21 to 33 years

For SC/ST Category candidate - 21 to 35 years

To become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
2nd February 2013, 06:53 PM
Sikdu

sorry friend but you aren't eligible if you belong to general category at age of 32.as the age limit for IAS Is
your lower age limit should be 21 years while upper age limit should be 30 years for general and is relaxable upto 5 years for sc/st and relaxable upto 3 years for obc
2nd February 2013, 06:57 PM
Sikdu

sorry friend but you are not eligible at 32 if you belong to general category
age limit for IAS is
lower age limit should be 21 while upper age limit should be 30 year (relaxable upto 5 years for sc/st and upto 3 years for obc)
2nd February 2013, 07:18 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,

IAS-Indian Administrative Service.

This exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) one time in a year.

Eligibilility Criteria:-

The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.

No need of specific percentage restrictions.

The candidate must be a citizen of india.

Age criteria details:-

The Minimum age to apply this exam for General candidates is 21years and the maximum age is 30 years.

3 years age relaxation for OBC candidates,

5 years age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.

Selection process:-

-->Civil services preliminary examination,

-->Civil services mains examination,

-->Personal interview.

Number of attempts:-

4 times for General candidates,

7 times for OBC candidates,

No limit for SC/ST candidates.

For more information CLICK HERE

2nd February 2013, 09:59 PM
spider man2906
Senior Member+

no you are not eligible for IAS

1. The age limit for civil service exam is 21-30 years
2. Candidates must complete graduation from recognized board in India.
2nd February 2013, 10:10 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

As a candidate from General Category at the age of 32 years, you are not eligible to apply for IAS exam as the maximum age limit for General Category is 30 years.

IAS - Indian Administrative Service, to become an IAS officer one has to crack Civil Service exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?