26th December 2015, 10:56 AM
Praveena.Parise

Tips to become an IPS Officer after graduation

I want to become an IPS in an early age. At present I'm busy with my 12th. I want to become IPS while I would complete my graduation. Please help me with tips.

26th December 2015, 07:30 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Tips to become an IPS Officer after graduation

IPS stands for Indian Police Services. It comes under Civil Services of India. You must clear all stages of Civil Services exam conducted by UPSC every year to become IPS officer.

The academic qualification required to appear in this exam is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

As you are in 10+2 at present, so there is a long way to go for Civil Services Examination.

But you can start your preparation right from first year of bachelor's degree. The first basic preparation which any candidate must do is completion of NCERT books of science and social studies from class 6th to 10+2, as it important to build basic fundamentals of all subjects required in this exam.

Once you complete these books, you can a good coaching institute for further preparation. Make a habit of reading newspapers and understanding news of national and international relevance.
26th December 2015, 08:08 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Tips to become an IPS Officer after graduation

IPS is the is the Indian Police Services Examination which is conducted by the UPSC board which comes under the Civil services selections.IPS is one of the Toughest selections when compared to other competitive examinations.

There are some tips which needs to be followed carefully in order to get the IPS selections cleared generally the IPS selections are done in three stages which will take 1 year long to complete the selection process and the selections include
  1. [*Preliminary test
  2. Mains Examination
  3. Interview
These are the different types of interview procedure which will be taking place for IPS selections.

There are some respective tips which needs to be followed in order to Crack IPS selections.
  • First of all make use of all the time in order to answer or solve the questions.
  • Study according to the examination pattern and be selective of whcih part to be chosen for study.
  • Do regular study of all the topics which are covered
  • Choose Subjects carefully in order to attempt the mains examination
  • Stay up to date with all the general knowledge topics
  • Prepare sample notes of all the topics which are prepared and make use of it while preparing
  • First of all Have a will to do it or crack the test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?