11th October 2011, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a candidate having completed BE in Mechanical in UK?

i have completed my B.E mechanical from Glasgow Caledonian University in Glasgow. Am i eligible for the IAS exam holding a uk degree?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I try doing IAS when I am 35 years old woman candidate? -- [New]
  2. Am I eligible for IAS after graduation in Commerce?
  3. Am I eligible for IAS/IPS entrance exam? I have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  4. Am I eligible for UPSC IAS 2016? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Eligibility criteria of IAS exam 2016? A 20 years old candidate is eligible for IAS 2016? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. IAS officer after graduation in commerce?
  7. Which subjects I can choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  8. Can I appear for IAS entrance exam? I have completed graduation in mechanical engineering
  9. Can I opt for Physics and Mechanical Engineering for IAS Exam being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Can I apply for the IAS exam if I have completed diploma course in tools?
  12. Information regarding procedure for IAS Exam being a candidate of 3rd year Mechanical Engineering?
  13. Required Qualification to give IAS Exam? Study Materials to prepare for this Exam being a candidate from BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Is B.Sc interior decoration completed students eligible to apply for IAS exam?
  15. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  16. Am I eligible to become IPS officer after completion of B.Sc degree with 45% marks?
  17. Am I eligible to become an IAS officer after I completed B.E?
  18. Am I eligible to apply for UPSC exam if secured 77% in 10th CBSE and 65% in 12th Jharkhand Board?
11th October 2011, 10:33 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a candidate having completed BE in Mechanical in UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my B.E mechanical from Glasgow Caledonian University in Glasgow. Am i eligible for the IAS exam holding a uk degree?
[Edited]

No dear, you are not eligible for IAS Exam.

your foreign degree is not allowed as educational qualification in Civil Service Exam,This is the official name of IAS Exam.

you should apply as a general candidate until and unless you are a OBC/SC/ST candidate.

I guess you are from india and you studied in UK. If you are a UK citizen then you are not eligible.

I think you are aware of the latest pattern of UPSC Civil Service Exam if you are not, then here are the details :-

Now also there is three level selection pattern

->There is little change in first level of the exam , i.e.,
instead of Preliminary examination you should now write a aptitude test namely CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test).

CSAT is of common syllabus for all the candidates , This indicates that you need not select any optional subjects for Preliminary examination.

just for mains examination you have to give your optional subjects.
remaining whole pattern is same.

for further details regarding eligibility and exam pattern you can log onto official web link of UPSC.

Here is the link.
www.upsc.gov.in
Regards
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Noti....pdf(346.2 KB, 79 views)

Last edited by aditya436; 23rd July 2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a point.
11th October 2011, 04:44 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a candidate having completed BE in Mechanical in UK?

Quote:

Complete Information Regarding Civil Service Exams

According to the UPSC guidelines..a candidate must satisfy the following criterion to appear for the Civil Service Exam :-

1) You need to be a graduate or a final year graduation student in any stream from a University which is either recognized by UGC or AICTE..

2) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general category,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

The maximum number of attempts allowed for the general category is 4,for OBC it is 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

I am really very sorry but only Indian Nationals are eligible for appearing for IAS.. hence,you cannot appear for the IAS

Try to apply for any other exam..

all the best..
11th October 2011, 06:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam being a candidate having completed BE in Mechanical in UK?

Quote:
Dear friend,

Sorry to say dear you are not eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any dicipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candiadte is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

The IAS selection process is consist in three way

1)Preliminary exam
2)Main exam
3)Inter View.

Thanks
22nd September 2013, 10:50 AM
priyankaverma22

I am an indian citizen and have done my graduation from uk am i eligible for upsc?
16th January 2014, 04:04 AM
Unregistered

All right . First, i may appreciate your patience of bearing such rubbish usage of language and expression of knowledge.Moreover, coming to your question.
First things first ,if you hold a 2 year or 3 year degree there are chances of getting into trouble of ineligibility . However, there is statement in notification "upon discretion of commission,which gives the ray of hope". Thus, i would suggest you take exam.(And this statement if only for foreign educated Indian nationals).People rarely understand its presence.
However, if you are in process of taking B.Eng and in 2nd year . I would suggest you to switch to 4 year course of Integrated M.Eng .This makes you eligible under Association of Indian Universities norms(Suggestion instead of asking question on such ignominious forums .Try searching on Google using key words" recognition of U.K degree in India . ).If you have taken degree from Scotland they you would have been part of 4 and 5 year course unlike 3 and 4 of England.

Hope it Helps.

Cheers!
Arya Bharti Sharan Trivedi
16th January 2014, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

(Initially, I gave a descriptive. However, this ridiculous forum ask for registration prior posting . So, i can't be bothered again to type so much.)
In short , if you have 4 year degree then yes
if 3 year , then you'll be subjected to review by commission however, you must take exam first . this all is happen during mains .)
Suggestion:take integrated m.eng if in 2nd year of course.
Tip:Stop asking on this ridiculous forums. Google and proper keyword will do . For you keyword is recognition for U.K degree in India .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?