1st December 2011, 10:18 AM
reshma.farid

Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 29 years old married woman(Graduate) and having two kids, belong to Hindu religion and got married in Muslim religion

Hi i m RESHMA , I WANT TO BE IAS OFFICER, AS I M SY BA PASS & ASLO INTERIOR DESIGNER, BUT IF I WANT BE IAS OFFICER SO CAN I? I AM 29 YRS HINDU LADY & MARRIED TO MUSLIM, I HAVE 2 KIDS.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 30 years old married woman, belong to Jammu & Kashmir and got married in HP
  2. Difference between Shia Islam and Sufi Islam?
  3. Can a married person apply for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)
  5. Hindu religion model question papers with answers?
  6. Can I avail relaxation of age in bank PO exam? I am a 31 years old married woman, belong to OBC category, got married with a general
  7. Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?
  8. If I am a 31 years old PG married lady then can I appear for IAS exam?
  9. Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 58% in 12th with Non-Medical and married?
  10. Can I become an IAS officer? I am a 25 years old -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible to appear for IAS entrance exam?
  12. TNPSC group II Hindu Religion Model questions with answers?
  13. What's the eligible criteria for CDS? Are married males eligible for SSB(OTA)?
  14. Hindu religion Saivism and Vaishnavism old question papers for Group VIII TNPSC exam?
  15. What course(MA, MBA in journalism) should I opt for getting a well paid job after my BMM degree? I am married woman, having two kids. I want to be a reporter
  16. How may I get solution of following aptitude question which asked in TCS campus recruitment test?
  17. How may I get solution of following aptitude question which asked in TCS campus recruitment test?
  18. How to do B.Ed course after passing 12th 13 years back? I am a married person
28th March 2012, 07:11 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 29 years old married woman(Graduate) and having two kids, belong to Hindu religion and got married in Muslim religion

No, you cannot attend the IAS exam while being in the second year of BA course. Graduation in any discipline is the main requirement for attending the Civil services exam. Graduation should be secured from a recognized institute. The age limit for attending this exam is 21-30 years. The number of attempts is 4 for the general category candidates. Hence, you can apply for the Civil service exam only after successfully completing your BA course.
12th June 2017, 05:25 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 29 years old married woman(Graduate) and having two kids, belong to Hindu religion and got married in Muslim religion

I am 29 year old SC woman married to general category boy . I have completed BA and already given 6 attempt for UPSC. Can I give one more?
13th June 2017, 09:15 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

As, you belong to SC category the maximum age limit to appear for examination is 37 years and there is unlimited attempts till the maximum age limit.

If you have appeared in 6 attempts in past, I think you do not require any information about examination pattern and syllabus but for any query about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
13th June 2017, 11:39 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility to appear in Civil Service examination for SC category candidate is :-

Education qualification - Bachelor degree in any discipline.

Age limit - 21 - 37 years.

Number of attempts - Till the maximum age limit.

So, you have many more chance to appear for examination. To get more detail about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th June 2017, 12:38 AM
venus94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 29 year old SC woman married to general category boy . I have completed BA and already given 6 attempt for UPSC. Can I give one more?
Yes, for SC category the maximum age limit is 32 years and till you have a valid caste certificate with you then it doesn't matter whether you are married to a general category boy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?