24th May 2011, 10:00 AM
rajinder93

If I am a 31 years old PG married lady then can I appear for IAS exam?

i m 31 yr old post graduate married lady settled in ambala.can i appear for ias exam.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 29 years old married woman(Graduate) and having two kids, belong to Hindu religion and got married in Muslim religion
  2. Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?
  3. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 30 years old married woman, belong to Jammu & Kashmir and got married in HP
  4. Can I study Bachelor of Commerce through Distance Education being a 32 years old Lady? -- [New]
  5. Can a married person apply for IAS exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How to join Air Force at an age of 23? I am a married lady
  7. List of career opportunities available for a B.Com graduate?What are the further studies I should go for? I'm 28 years old married lady and interested in glamour industry
  8. Can I become an IAS officer? I am a 25 years old
  9. Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)
  10. What should I opt to work at a good and reputed position? What are the further studies that I should opt for the same? I am a 28 Years married lady and have B.Com degree. I was interested in glamour but could not succeed
  11. How to become a CBI inspector? Hwo can I do it after Madhyamik examination?
  12. Will I get extra attempt in IAS exam? I am a general candidate and got married with a OBC man. What would be my category now?
  13. What is the eligibility for IAS? I am 23 years old student
  14. Am I eligible to appear for IAS entrance exam?
  15. Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 58% in 12th with Non-Medical and married?
  16. How may I get solution of following aptitude question which asked in TCS campus recruitment test?
  17. How may I get solution of following aptitude question which asked in TCS campus recruitment test?
  18. Should I prepare for IAS or IES exam after passing electronics and communication engineering?
6th July 2011, 09:23 AM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: If I am a 31 years old PG married lady then can I appear for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajinder93 View Post
i m 31 yr old post graduate married lady settled in ambala.can i appear for ias exam.
No, You can't attempt Civil Service Exam for IAS if you are a General Candidate i.e., without any reservation due to your age.

The eligibility criteria for civil services examination is

->Candidates age must be in between 21 and 30 for general candidate

->Candidate must have at least one degree during applying for Civil's Examination.

Your education qualification is ok but your age has exceeded the max age limit.

So this is a bad news for you I think if you are a general candidate

If Not, Then you have the golden opportunity according to your reservation class.

I.e., there is 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates and
5 years relaxation for Sc/ST candidates

Hope you are one among them,IF yes

All the best for your examination

Regards

~AdityA~
6th July 2011, 11:32 AM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

Default Re: If I am a 31 years old PG married lady then can I appear for IAS exam?

mam there are two conditions

1) if you belongs to the general category then you will not be allowed to give the ias exam.
because upper age limit for the general category to give the ias exam is 30 years.

then it is impossible for you to give the IAS exam as a general category student.

2) but if you belongs to the reserved category then you have the better chance to give the IAS exam .

according to the eligibility criteria of the IAS exam obc candidates have the relaxation of three years than the upper age limit means it is 33 years .
and for the sc/st students there is relaxation of 5 years than the upper age limit means it is 35 years.

so mam , you have the good chance to give ias exam if you belongs to reserved category.

to know more about the upsc and the notifications of the ias exam kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2011, 11:56 AM
umathkavi

Default Re: If I am a 31 years old PG married lady then can I appear for IAS exam?

IF you belongs to the general category then you are not eligible to apply for IAS because of the eligibility criteria i.e.

To apply for IAS your age should be 21-30 years for general category.
For OBC it should be 33 years maximum.
For ST/SC it should be 35 years maximum.

But if you belongs to OBC or ST/SC then you are eligible to apply for IAS.

For more information please visit www.upsc.gov.in
6th July 2011, 12:27 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
THE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR CIVIL SERVICE EXAM-
*you must have complete you graduation in any branch..

*your age should be in between 21-30years for general candidates..

*there is age relaxation for SC/ST candidate of 5years,and age relaxation for OBC candidates of 3years..

If you are a general candidate then sorry to say you that you are not eligible for any civil service exam..As you have already crossed 30years...
if you are belonging from SC/ST or OBS then you can appear in CIVIL service exams..
All the best..
6th July 2011, 03:45 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Hi,
If you belong to general category then you are not eligible to appear for IAS examination as the age limit is from 21-30 years.
If you belong to sc/st then you will get age relaxation of 5 years and therefore you can appear for the IAS examination.
If you belong to OBC category then you can get age relaxation of 3 years and therefore you can appear for the IAS examination.

Best Wishes....
6th July 2011, 03:49 PM
digvijaygarg

Dear if you are a general candidate you are not eligible to take the test
If you are from reserved category and have a graduaion degree you definitely can take the exam
17th September 2011, 11:17 AM
Unregistered

is there any age relaxation for female central govt employees ( general category ) in civil services?
30th September 2011, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

In 2012 when preliminary exam will statrt ? And what subject is related to this exam. I am PG in Publicadmi nistraion(political science) passed.
30th September 2011, 04:03 PM
Unregistered

I was completed PG in Political Science. I want to prepare IAS but I do not know when this exam will start and whch subject will be prepare for IAS preliminary exam.
26th January 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

i am 31 year old can i give PCS exam of 2012 please provide me the syllabus details n how i shud start with the same i am very keen on giving this exam otherwise i am an ex-banker in private bank i have resigned after wedding but now i want to pursue this exam its a humble request please provide me assistance in regard to syllabus how to start and if any coaching here in pune , i ll be greatful ..thanx

Regards
Sudha srivastava
5th April 2016, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

I'm 35 year old mba (distance) in hr but I never pursued any career. But due to some personal reasons I want to become independent and want to have a career. Can I get a job at this age when so many freshers pass out every year
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?