16th July 2010, 12:52 PM
vdhyavijay

Can a married person apply for IAS exam?

pls advise if married people also eligible to write ias exam?
please reply on my email..

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 30 years old married woman, belong to Jammu & Kashmir and got married in HP
  2. Am I eligible for IAS exam? I am a 29 years old married woman(Graduate) and having two kids, belong to Hindu religion and got married in Muslim religion
  3. Can a married man apply for CPF(Central Police Force) recruitment exam?
  4. If I am a 31 years old PG married lady then can I appear for IAS exam?
  5. Is a married woman eligible for IAS exam? What's the eligibility criteria for IAS exam? I have done MCA and M.Sc(IT)
  6. How to do B.Ed course after passing 12th 13 years back? I am a married person
  7. Can a married person appear in ACC exam?
  8. Is it possible to become an IAS officer if am married and 24 years old?
  9. How can i become an IAS officer if I took a gap after Graduation?
  10. Will I get extra attempt in IAS exam? I am a general candidate and got married with a OBC man. What would be my category now?
  11. Can a married person appear for ACC entrance exam?
  12. Am I eligible for IAS being a candidate having secured 58% in 12th with Non-Medical and married?
  13. Can I become an IAS officer? I am a 25 years old
  14. Procedure to apply for IAS entrance exam? Date to apply and the requirements for the same?
  15. Physically handicapped person eligible for IAS officers post? Study material for the entrance exam?
  16. What should I do after completion of my BCA degree? I am married person
  17. Can I apply for IAS examination after diploma ? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Is it possible to do Diploma course through distance education for a married person? -- [New]
27th February 2012, 03:29 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can a married person apply for IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdhyavijay View Post
dear friend,
being married or unmarried has nothing to do with your eligibility for the ias exam. for giving the exam, you must have scored atleast 60% marks in graduation and the age limit for the same is 21 to 30 years. if you are having these qualifications, then you are eligible for giving the exam. for more details regarding the exam, you must visit
www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2012, 04:22 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

hai friend

IAS qualifications :

Age limit :
general - 21 -30years
obc - 33years
sc/st - 35years
both men and women are eligible
married and unmarried persons
height - 165cms for men
chest - 84 cms for men
height - 155cms for women
chest - 75cms for women

educational qualification - any degree with 60% marks

running -5KM within 25 min for men
running -2.5KM within 25 min for women

for more details : http://www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2012, 04:24 PM
Syedsam01
Member+

Dear Friend,
Yes you can apply for Civil Service EXam or IAS conducted by UPSE every year, there is no condition of married or Unmarried, So it does not matter wheather you are married or Unmarried, the only condition for Generals is maximum age of 30 years and minimum of 21years and just a graduation from Indian University,
For more info please visit-www.upse.gov.in
Bst of Luck.
27th February 2012, 04:32 PM
Syedsam01
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantmeghalia View Post
dear friend,
being married or unmarried has nothing to do with your eligibility for the ias exam. for giving the exam, you must have scored atleast 60% marks in graduation and the age limit for the same is 21 to 30 years. if you are having these qualifications, then you are eligible for giving the exam. for more details regarding the exam, you must visit
www.upsc.gov.in
Dear Friend,
Sorry to rectify but you told wrong minimum educational qualifications because the correct minimum educational qualification for IAS or Civil Service exam is just Graduation and there is no provision of 60% as you told.
For more info please visit-www.upse.gov.in
Thankyou.
27th February 2012, 07:10 PM
rvidyasagar

There is absolutely no restriction about your marital status in appearing for the Civil Services Exam. Bachelors, married persons, widows, widowers, divorcees all are at par!

And if your question is about the husband and both applying for the exam, then also, yes both can apply separately. And, if both husband and wife get selected, then the couple enjoy some privileges like preference for getting posted to the same town.

All the best.
27th February 2012, 07:54 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Can a married person apply for IAS exam?

Hi

IAS is the Indian Administrative Services and it is one of the most reputated and toughest examinations in our country as well as in the world.

If a person aspires to become an IAS Officer, then first of all one you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria's :

1. You should be an Indian Citizen

2. You should be a minimum graduate in any stream from any recognized college or university. As such no minimum marks has been specified.

3. Your age should be within 21-30 years GEN, 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for the SC/ST candidates.

4. You can take a maximum of 4 attempts if you are GEN, 7 attempts if OBC and Unlimited attempts if you are SC/ST candidate.

5. You should have a good personality and good communication skills also.

So once you fulfill all these, then you are surely eligible for the IAS Examination.

So as you may interpret, there is no criteria that one should be unmarried or married. You just have to fulfill the age criteria, and if you fit in best, then you can apply for the IAS Examination.

For any more information, Please Click Here to visit the official UPSC website.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
27th February 2012, 08:07 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
hi!
I am happy to inform you that after married eligible for I.A.S exam...

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream from recognized university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam:- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM., 2012
Date of exam:- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

GOOD LUCK!
27th February 2012, 08:10 PM
arpitachouksey

He.yes you can give IAS exam .there are no matter of married and unmarried,so dont worry go ahead.Best of Luck
27th February 2012, 08:25 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

There is no criteria regarding marital status of a candidate for application to IAS exam.

IAS-INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE, to become an IAS officer one has to appear for the Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any discipline from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age, can apply for Civil Service Exam.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT-Civil Service Aptitude Test-Preliminary exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

If you are interested then apply for Civil Service exam having the above mentioned qualification. There is no restriction to married or unmarried status of a candidate to apply for Civil Service Exam.

For more information you may log on to official website of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
27th February 2012, 08:51 PM
priyo06
Senior Member+++

dear friend,

Eligible Criteria for I.A.S. :-

I. Academic Eligibility

The candidate must possess a degree from an Indian University or an educational institution deemed as a University or possess an equivalent qualification. Those in the final year of a degree course can also appear in the Preliminary Examination.

II. Other Eligibility Conditions

For the I.A.S. and the I.P.S., the candidate must be a citizen of India.
For the other services, a candidate must be either:
a citizen of India, or

a subject of Nepal, or

a subject of Bhutan, or

a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before January 1, 1962, with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

The candidate must have attained 21 years of age on August 1st of the year of examination and must not have attained 30 years of age on that date. The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates. The upper age limit is also relaxed in favour of certain categories of civil servants working under the Government of India and Defence Services Personnel.

So you are very much eligible because from above information it is clear to all that marital status is not create any problem.

~regards~
priyo
27th February 2012, 09:30 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear.........
Yes , an married person can apply for IAS exam.
The details eligibility for IAS exam are as follows......

For more details visit website
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck............
27th February 2012, 09:34 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
IAS (Indian Administrative Service), in this IAS married or unmarried is not the eligibility to do the IAS.
Married or unmarried is not the matter for getting an IAS examination.
Minimum qualification for IAS is graduation with the 60% marks and the age criteria for the IAS examination is 21 to 30years.

All the best
27th February 2012, 09:38 PM
ranjith1438
Senior Member+++++

Hai,
Yes, You are eligible for IAS Examination after Married. IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service examination and this examination was conducted by UPSC Every year, The examination was Held in 2 stages Preliminary examination and Main examination.
>> For this year Preliminary examination was already completed and the result of Preliminary examination was already declared and those who cracked the preliminary examination are eligible to Sit in Main examination.
So, If you are Interested to apply for UPSC Civil services examination then you need to satisfied any one of the Eligiblity criteria-
>> Candidates must have completed his Graduate degree course in any discipline form a recognised University.
>> Your Age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.
>> Final year Graduates candidates are also apply for This examination.
>> There is No minimum Percentage eligibility is required to apply for Civil services examination.
So, Unmarried male OR Married males candidates are eligible to apply for this examination, You need to satisfied the ageeligibility and Educational Eligiblity Criteria,Only then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination.
>> Preliminary examination are also Called CSAT Examination (Civil Services Aptitude Test). In this examination there are 2 Papers and both are Objective with same duration and Marks.
General candidates will gets 4 Attempts to cracked this examination, OBC Candidates will gets 7 Attempts and No limits for SC/STCandidates.
The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR in the UPSC website in the Month of February every year, The Notification of Next year examination was Published on 04/Feb/2012 and Eligible candidates may fill the application form Online OR Offline. If any one Interested to apply Offline then please obtained the application form directly form the Post Offices in India, Otherwise fill the application form Directly form the official website.
>> So, If you have Completed your Graduation degree course in any discipline then you are eligible for UPSC Civil services examination to become IAS/IPS Officer, And if you want to get complete Information about UPSC Civil services examination, then please check the officialwebsite OR read the Given Notification -
http://upsc.gov.in
All the best
28th February 2012, 12:10 PM
amit_shelu

Quote:
Your Eligibility for appearing in IAS Exam has noting to do with your married or unmarried status.

Eligibility -
1. Completion of graduation with minimum 60%.
2. Age limit
Open - 21 to 30 years
OBC - 21 to 33 years
SC/ST - 21 to 35 years

Go for it all the best.
28th February 2012, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

sir ,i have done my graduation this year from b.com stream so please guide me how can i start my preparation for the I.A.S examination .& which books are the best for the preparation.
28th February 2012, 01:33 PM
potensis
Senior Member++

Quote:
Yes you are certainly eligible to appear for IAS exam if you are married.
The eligibility is related to age and educational qualification.
For your reference i have mentioned the eligibility criteria below:

1. Age limits: 21-30 years as on 1.7.2012 (Upper age limit relaxable for SC/ST/OBC and certain other categories as specified in Para 3(ii) of Notice).

2. Educational Qualifications" Bachelors degree of a recognized university with atleast one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Zoology or a Bachelors degree ijn Agriculture, Forestry, or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification (Para 3 (iii) of Notice)
28th February 2012, 10:36 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Yes, married candidates can also apply for IAS examination. The minimum educational qualification required for a candidate to write the entrance examination for IAS is a graduation degree. The age limit for applying for the exam is 21- 30 years. The examination is conducted in 2 stages. General candidates will have 4 attempts to clear the examination.
29th February 2012, 10:30 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Quote:
HI!
Yes married people are eligible for I.A.S exam..

After graduation you can apply for I.A.S exam.
I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

CIVIL SERVICES EXAM., 2012
Date of notification:-04.02.2012
Last Date of receipt of form:- 05.03.2012(MONDAY)
Date of exam(Preliminary):- 20.05.2012(SUNDAY)
Date of exam(Mains):- 05.10.2012(FRIDAY)

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 50 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
14th November 2012, 09:28 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes a married person can definitely apply for the IAS Exam , better say the Civil Services Exam.

As per the Union Public Service Commission . all those candidates are eligible for the IAS Exam who fulfills the below mentioned :

* Educational Qualifications : Must have a Bachelor`s Degree in any stream from any recognized university/college.

* Nationality : Indian

* Age Relaxation is also there for Reserved Category Candidates as per the Govt. Rules.

* Sex : Both Male & Female are Eligible.

* Marital Status : It doesn`t matter.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
1st September 2013, 02:45 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend if you completed the eligibility criteria for IAS exam then you are eligible to apply IAS exam after married.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

For apply IAS exam the minimum Education qualification is Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC under Civil Services exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Candidate should be completed Graduation degree in any stream from a recognized University.

Age should be between 21 years to 30 years for General category candidates.

Age relaxation for OBC category candidates 3 years

And SC/ST category candidates 5 years.

Number of Attempts:-

General category candidates - 4 time

OBC category Candidates - 7 time

SC/ST category candidates - No limit.

Selection procedure :-

- Preliminary entrance exam

- Main entrance exam

- Interview

All the best......
1st September 2013, 11:13 PM
KULWINDER.KK

Talking Re: Can a married person apply for IAS exam?

Quote:
hey...

Dear , yes absolutely after marriage even you are eligible...nothing to worry...you can fill form and can sit for examination...

But the only concern is age....but govt. from last two year the age requirement has also been increased.....so go on...

REGARDS
KULWINDER
1st September 2013, 11:58 PM
akshay50jnvkd

Dear friend ,

Yes , Obviously you can apply for IAS exam even after marriage,because in IAS exam being married or Unmarried doesn;t ,it has its own eligibility criteria.
if you are satisfy the age limit criteria then you are eligible to attend the exam doesn't matter whether you are married or unmarried.So don't worry.

Good Luck
2nd September 2013, 07:19 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There is no such rule for the Civil Services Examination which could prevent a married male or female from appearing for it. This is non issue which is why you can continue ahead with the registration procedure for Indian Administrative Service.

However the registration will not be done right now. You will have to wait till next year to be able to apply for the Indian Administrative Service. The Civil Services Examination is conducted every year by Union Public Service Commission.

Before applying for the Civil Services Examination, you should ensure to meet all the requirments. Unlike the Indian Police Service, there are no physical requirements for the Indian Administrative Service.

The job of IAS officer is to carry out policies of central and state government. He has to ensure that policy is being implemented properly by consistently visiting these areas.

IAS Eligibility

1. Nationality: Candidate should be Indian.

2. Education: Bachelor's degree in any discipline.

3. Marks: No criteria.

4. Age Limit: 21 on the lower side while 30 is the upper age limit.

5. Relaxation: 3 years in upper age limit for OBC.

6. Relaxation: 5 years in upper age limit for SC and ST.

7. Physical Requirements: None

Selection Procedure

1. Preliminary Exam: 2 written tests that are conducted in May/June.

2. Main Exam: 9 written tests conducted during August/September.

3. Personal Interview
2nd September 2013, 10:10 PM
B.Srikanth Yadav

Thumbs up Re: Can a married person apply for IAS exam?

hi brother

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

1.whether you are married or unmarried is not matter here.
2.If you have degree in any stream and If your age should be 21 to 30 years.
3.and you are an Indian citizen.

4.you should have following requirements also .
chest 84 cms.
Height 165 cms

If you have above requirements
you can apply for IAS exam.
Visit
1. http://www.civilserviceindia.com
2.upsconline.nic.in/‎
3.www.upsc.gov.in/‎
4th September 2013, 05:24 PM
A.prashanth yadav

DEAR FRIEND

IAS is the Indian Administrative Services and it is one of the most reputated and toughest examinations in our country as well as in the world.

If a person aspires to become an IAS Officer, then first of all one you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria's :

1. You should be an Indian Citizen

2. You should be a minimum graduate in any stream from any recognized college or university. As such no minimum marks has been specified.

3. Your age should be within 21-30 years GEN, 21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for the SC/ST candidates.

4. You can take a maximum of 4 attempts if you are GEN, 7 attempts if OBC and Unlimited attempts if you are SC/ST candidate.

5. You should have a good personality and good communication skills also.

So once you fulfill all these, then you are surely eligible for the IAS Examination.

So as you may interpret, there is no criteria that one should be unmarried or married. You just have to fulfill the age criteria, and if you fit in best, then you can apply for the IAS Examination.

4th September 2013, 05:27 PM
sanjeev92

yes a married person can appear in ias exam,there is no boundation of maritarial status,
there is a column in application form where u have to give marriage status,
only the age limit and chances are main factor for ias exam,
4th September 2013, 11:07 PM
Cholleti Niranjan

Location: I lived in my own village palivela,Nalgonda district ,andrapradesh.

Yes,my friend a married person can write IAS exam.But you need to have minimum qualifications to write IAS exam.You need to hod a bachelor degree with minimum marks to write IAS exam.And also your age should be between 20-30 years.You should be Indian citizen.If have all these qualification you can write IAS exam even though you are married.You can attempt only 4 times.If you are OBC you can attempt 7 times.Unlimited attempts for SC/ST students.
ALL THE BEST
5th September 2013, 02:33 AM
er.animesh6
Member+

Dear Friend,

Yes a married person is eligible for appear in IAS examination as per the rules of UPSC.

Marital Status is not a factor in case of appear in IAS.

Following Qualifications are necessary for IAS:

-> Minimum educational qualification required is Graduation or equivalent degree form any recognized University.

-> Age of the candidate must be at least 21 years and must not exceed 30 years for general candidates.3 years age relaxation is given for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.For Physically Disable candidates 10 years age relaxation is given.

-> Candidate must be a citizen of India or subject of Nepal or Bhutan.

A general candidate can attempt maximum attempt four times for IAS,For OBC and Physically disable this limit is seven and no restriction for SC/ST candidates.

All the best.
5th September 2013, 10:46 AM
sagar_001
Senior Member+

"YES" married person apply for IAS Exam

IAS Stands for Indian Administrative Service

IAS exam is conducted by UPSC and is held every year.

Age Limit for 21 to 30 years

Age Relation for OBC Candidates 3 years

Age Relation for SC/ST Candidates 5 years

Age Relation for PWD Candidates 10 years

No. of Attempt for General Category: 4 times

No. of Attempt for OBCCategory : 7 times

No. of Attempt for Physically Handicapped: 7 times

No. of Attempt SC & ST: No limit on number of attempts

You have complete graduation in any stream from a recognised university.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible.

Candidate must be an Indian citizen.

best books for IAS

Cracking the CSAT Civil Services Aptitude Test with Solved Papers 2011 - 12 (Paper - 2) (Paperback)
by Expert Compilations
Rs. 430

CSAT Unique Quintessence of General Studies 2013 (Paper - 2) (Paperback)
by J. K. Chopra
Rs. 559

CSAT Comprehensive Manual: IAS Preliminary Examination 2013 (Paper - 2) (Paperback)
by Sachchida Nand Jha
Rs. 488

IAS Mains Civil Services Main Examination: General Studies Chapterwise Solved Papers 2012 - 1997 (Paperback)
by Siddharth Mittal
Rs. 252

The Pearson CSAT Manual 2013: Civil Services Aptitude Test for the UPSC Civil Services Preliminary Examination (Paperback)
by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
Rs. 852
5th September 2013, 12:57 PM
ece304
Member+

>>Yes,You can apply for IAS exam.

>>Marital status is not at all considered in IAS exam.

>>No.of attempts according to the caste and minumum educational qualifications are considered.

>>Age limit will be there .

ALL THE BEST
4th January 2018, 04:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi I am applying for UPSC exam I am belong to OBC category. In this case Non creamy layer certificate do I required for my Husband Or my father??
1st April 2019, 01:56 AM
Quikri

Yes sure.
A person s eligibility doesn't depend on his marital status.
If you qualify the other eligibility criteria of Upsc you can apply for the exam.
Upsc 2017 topper rank 2 is a married woman.
The only criteria needed for the exam is a degree from a recognised Indian University and the age bracket of 21-32 with age relaxation for the other candidates.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?