20th July 2011, 08:19 PM
vaishali thakare

Am I eligible for IES exam after B.E IT? Is there any related exam? In which month is the exam held?

sir,
I m the student of B.E.(IT), am i elligible for IES exam?,is there any related exam if so then ,in which month this exam held?pls suggest me

8th August 2011, 02:16 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam after B.E IT? Is there any related exam? In which month is the exam held?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaishali thakare View Post
sir,
I m the student of B.E.(IT), am i elligible for IES exam?,is there any related exam if so then ,in which month this exam held?pls suggest me
dear friend,

B.E (IT) are not eligible for IES exam.

so the eligible departments are

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

if you want to apply for IES exam then you have choose above departments through.

all the best.
8th August 2011, 05:45 PM
sg1991

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES exam after B.E IT? Is there any related exam? In which month is the exam held?

The eligibility criteria for appearing in IES exam conducted by UPSC is that a person must hold a degree of B. E. or B. Tech. in any branch from a recognised university. UPSC conducts IES exam in 4 branches-

* Mechanical
* Civil
* Electrical
* Electronics and Telecommunication

You have to choose out of these 4 in which you want to give the exam. Since your branch is IT, E&T will be relevant for you. You are eligible for IES exam.
8th August 2011, 06:45 PM
saurav9889

friend the upsc ies exam is held in 4 streams viz. mech,elect,electronics and civil. though it candidates can appear for the exam they will have to appear through any of the above streams.also the ies exam is held in the month of may every year and the interview are generally scheduled for the month of oct/nov.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?