25th July 2011, 11:09 PM
Anita Nagar dhakad

Can I join ISRO after scoring 71% in 12th? What is the limit?

i am a BE(E&TC) 5th sem student (OBC Catagary) my 12th % is 71% can i eligible for isro ? i want to know age limit also.

26th July 2011, 11:09 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join ISRO after scoring 71% in 12th? What is the limit?

yea you are eligible for ISRO after completion of B.E. to appear in ISRO examination the marks eligibility criterion is candidate should have minimum of average 65% marks throughout.

you have 71% marks in 12th so from 12th marks you are eligible. you should have 65% marks in average in BE also to be eligible in ISRO examination.

the upper age limit to appear in ISRO examination is 35 years for general category candidates, 38 years for OBC, 40 years for SC/ST.

here i am attaching the advertisement of this year ISRO examination. go through the attachment for complete information. visit ISRO website http://www.isro.org

best wishes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ISRO.pdf(89.7 KB, 77 views)
26th July 2011, 12:38 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

ISRO(Indian space Research Organisation) is a leading research organisation in India.

you are eligible for ISRO entrance exam after completion of B.E. to appear in ISRO examination you have required minimum of average 65% marks throughout.

you have to maintain 65% marks in B.Tech otherwise you will not be eligible for ISRO entrance exam.

Upper Age limit to appear in ISRO examination is different for different category student-
35 years for general category candidates,
38 years for OBC,
40 years for SC/ST.

you have to visit website of ISRO for more information:

http://www.isro.org

There are various post in ISRE advertigement for these post are published by ISRO you have to visit website of ISRO for current information.
26th July 2011, 12:50 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Scientists/Engineers post in the ISRO

Well as you have said that you have got 71% marks in class 12th which means that if
you get above 65 % in BE/Btech then you will be eligible for ISRO.

The eligibility criteria for ISRO::

You must have done your BE/Btech with 60% marks in total.
Your age should not be more then 35 years if you belongs to general category and there
is some relaxation given to reserved caste students in the upper age limit.

Based on bio-data submitted on-line,candidates will be short listed for interview.

For more information::www.isro.gov.in
26th July 2011, 12:52 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

Scientists/Engineers post in the ISRO

Well as you have said that you have got 71% marks in class 12th which means that if
you get above 65 % in BE/Btech then you will be eligible for ISRO.

The eligibility criteria for ISRO::

You must have done your BE/Btech with 65% marks in total.
Your age should not be more then 35 years if you belongs to general category and there
is some relaxation given to reserved caste students in the upper age limit.

Based on bio-data submitted on-line,candidates will be short listed for interview.

For more information::www.isro.gov.in
26th July 2011, 02:32 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you can join ISRO after scoring 71% in 12th.
the following criteria which are required to join in the ISRO as a scientist is given

1. BE/B.Tech from recognized university/college..

2.after completing btech you can appear in the ISRO exam.

3.minimum 65% marks is required to appear in the ISRO exam.

4.age limit 21-28 years.

all the best............
26th July 2011, 03:40 PM
saurav9889

for isro xam the minimum requirement is 70% in grad., and 70% in class 10th and 12th. but it's for screening only sometimes the cut-off may go higher.the age limit is 28yrs.
26th July 2011, 05:03 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend right now you are not eligible for ISRO..
But you can apply for ISRO when you will be in 8th semester of your graduation..

A candidate who is in final year of the graduation or pass out and have 60% aggregate throughout the career, can apply for ISRO..

As you have secured 71% marks in your 12th and you are now in 5th semester of B.E, so right now you are not eligible but when you will be in 8th semester then you can apply for ISRO.. For that you have to maintain the percentage criteria above 60% throughout the graduation course also..
To join ISRO you have to first appear in a written test conducted by ISRO .. if you clear the test then they will call you for the interview..
The written test is generally held in the mid of April..
so, keep in touch with the information regarding the vacancy in ISRO..

All the best..
26th July 2011, 05:08 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
No, my friend right now you are not eligible for ISRO..
But you can apply for ISRO when you will be in 8th semester of your graduation..

A candidate who is in final year of the graduation or pass out and have 60% aggregate throughout the career, can apply for ISRO..

As you have secured 71% marks in your 12th and you are now in 5th semester of B.E, so right now you are not eligible but when you will be in 8th semester then you can apply for ISRO.. For that you have to maintain the percentage criteria above 60% throughout the graduation course also..
To join ISRO you have to first appear in a written test conducted by ISRO .. if you clear the test then they will call you for the interview..
The written test is generally held in the mid of April..
so, keep in touch with the information regarding the vacancy in ISRO..

All the best..
26th July 2011, 05:19 PM
subham7772

Yes, you are eligible to join ISRO after scoring 71% in 12th. For That You have to give the ISAT Entrance Examination.

Eligibility criteria for ISAT 2012:-

Candidates satisfying the following criteria can apply. Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions for appearing in ISAT 2011.

1.Only Indian citizens are eligible to appear in ISAT 2011.

2.The date of birth of candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories should be on or after October 1, 1986, while the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after October 1, 1981. The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board /or its equivalent will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, candidate must submit an authenticated document from competent authority indicating the date of birth at the time of Counselling.

Qualifying Examination:-

Candidates belonging to GEN and OBC categories must have passed any one of the QE listed below in the first appearance with an aggregate of at least 70% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) and those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must have passed any one of the QE in the first appearance with an aggregate of at least 60% marks in PCM subjects. The candidate must have cleared the QE on or after 1st January 2010 and on or before 1st July 2011. Those who are expecting the results of QE later than 1st July 2011 are not eligible to apply for ISAT-2011. Candidates who have passed the QE earlier than 1st January 2010 are also not eligible to apply.
The qualifying examinations are listed below:
(i) The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central / State Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE), New Delhi, etc.
(ii) Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board /University.
(iii) Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
(iv) General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
(v) High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
(vi) Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU)
(vii) Vocational Higher Secondary Examination.
(viii) Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.
26th July 2011, 07:03 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita Nagar dhakad View Post
i am a BE(E&TC) 5th sem student (OBC Catagary) my 12th % is 71% can i eligible for isro ? i want to know age limit also.
dear friend,

yes , you are eligible for ISRO exam because your marks is full fill the eligiblity criteria.

every year ISRO select the candidate in process one process is those are qualify GATE exam with good score are called for direct interview.

And 2 nd option is first you have to cleared written exam then you will faces for interview.

Only B-TECH student are eligible for ISRO.

All the best.
27th July 2011, 02:26 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

hi,
Eligibilities for Scientist/Engineers
you must be BE/B.Tech with a minimum 65% marks

Age limit
Maximum age 35 years
so you can not apply now .
you can apply only after your degree
8th August 2011, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

How can I become an Astronaut through ISRO? please help me...?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?