29th May 2013, 08:32 AM
s jyotee

Am i eligible for IES? I have scored 60% marks in each subject

Sir,is 60% marks required in each subject or overall for a mechanical b.teck student to eligibile for i.e.s?

3rd June 2013, 07:44 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am i eligible for IES? I have scored 60% marks in each subject

Quote:
Originally Posted by s jyotee View Post
Sir,is 60% marks required in each subject or overall for a mechanical b.teck student to eligibile for i.e.s?

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed Engineering course then also you are applicable for IES exam OR If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.

You can write doen IES exam in only below given subject there is no othr subject for attempts in IES exam.

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

Quote:
IES exam not require any percentage marks in B-Tech or M.Sc degree , you have completed B-Tech in Mechanical engineering then you are applicable for IES exam
Final year student also eligible for IES exam .The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

SC/ST ==> 5 years .
OBC ==> 3 years .
PWD ==> 10 years .
Ex-Servicemen ==> 5 years .

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

For more information about IES Exam , you may log into visit http://upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2013, 05:31 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Somebody has provided you wrong information because to appear for Indian Engineering Service, there is no percentage criteria.

What this effectively means is that if you have completed Mechanical Engineering, it means you are eligible for the Indian Engineering Service. There is no other criteria apart from the age limit which you are required to meet.

The Indian Engineering Service is conducted to by Union Public Service Commission to select candidates for various government deparments. Since you are Mechanical Engineer, you will be selected for one of the departments if managed to clear the Indian Engineering Service entrance exam.

(i) Indian Railway Service of Mechanical Engineers

(ii) Indian Railway Stores Service

(iii) Central Water Engineering

(iv) Central Power Engineering Service

(v) Indian Ordnance Factories Service

(vi) Indian Naval Armament Service

(vii) Corps of Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

(viii) Indian Navy

(ix) Central Electrical & Mechanical Engineering Service

(x) Border Roads Engineering Service

(xi) Indian Supply Service (Directorate General of Supply and Disposals)

(xii)Indian Defence Service of Engineers

(xiii) Central Engineering Service

These jobs are very reputed which is the reason why thousands of Engineering graduates appear for them every single year. However the entrance exam is quite difficult and considered among the toughest in the world. Therefore it will not be easy to clear this entrance exam.

IES Eligibility

1. UPSC only recruits Indian nationals.

2. B.Tech degree from a recognized college.

3. There is no percentage criteria.

4. Your age should not be less than 21 or more than 30 years.

Relaxation

1. OBC - 3 years

2. SC/ST - 5 years

3. PWD - 10 years
3rd June 2013, 06:26 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IES i.e Indian Engineering Service Examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year . IES Examination notification has been released and last date of receipt of application was also already closed and the examination going to be held on 28/06/13 . If you are missed this opportunity don't worry next announcement will be announced in the month of February or March in the official website of UPSC as well as employment news paper .

Eligibility Criteria for IES ::

~~The applicant must have a passed engineering degree from a recognized University or equivalent qualification .

~~The Engineering degree in any branch of Civil , Mechanical , Electrical , Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering . Even PG candidates may also eligible to apply for this examination but they have to chosen specialization subjects like Wireless Communication , Electronics , Radio Physics , Radio Engineering .

~~There is no percentage bar required for this examination and applicant who are appearing or awaiting the exam results may also eligible to apply for this examination but pre-final year of degree course may not eligible to apply .

~~Both Male and female candidates are eligible to apply for this examination and the applicant must be Citizen of India .

~~The applicant must have a minimum 21 years and maximum 30 years at the time of appearing for this examination and Upper age limits is applicable . 33 years for Other Backward Caste , 35 years for Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribes and other reserved categories .

Selection Process of IES Exam ::
  • Written Examination
  • Personal Interview

Written examination will be two sections :: 1)Section I 2)Section II . Section I consist of Objective paper and General ability and Section II will be conventional paper is based on concerned subject of engineering of the candidate .

If you need further details , Visit the official website of UPSC :: www.upsc.gov.in
3rd June 2013, 06:28 PM
amit8570861100
Member+

Quote:
no percentage is required for giving this exam just you have to do btech from any branch . It means that the students of final year of btech also giving this exam
3rd June 2013, 06:33 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for IES as you are a B.Tech. Graduate. There is no percentage of marks criteria for application to IES.

IES - Indian Engineering Service conducted every year by UPSC for appointment of young Engineers on the top technical post under Central Government.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final B.Tech. Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?