26th September 2011, 10:28 AM
Unregistered

Can MS or M.Tech candidates be eligible for IES Exam?

hi i'm an electronics and communication engineer, after completion of my b.tech i want go for further studies to get a good knowledge in particular subject by doing m.s or m.tech. are candidates of m.s or m.tech eligible for this ies exam? if not can you please inform me, about any other gov. posts for M.tech or M.S students

PLEASE KINDLY REPLY THANK U

26th September 2011, 09:41 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can MS or M.Tech candidates be eligible for IES Exam?

Dear Friend

As far as academic qualification is concerned you will remain eligible for IES examination
even if you go for Masters or Ph.D.

The eligibility criteria of IES exam states that one should have at least a B.Tech. or
equivalent degree. So, if your qualification is less than B.Tech. then you are not eligible
but if you are more qualified then that is not an issue.

However, there is no relaxation for M.Tech. or higher degree holders, in age limit or
other eligibility criteria. Therefore you must fulfill the Age limit and other common criterion.
Age Limit is;
21-30 years (GEN category)
21-33 years (OBC category)
21-35 years (SC/ST/PH category)

Visit: www.upsc.gov.in
26th September 2011, 10:30 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

see, after completing of your B.tech in ECE, you will be eligable for the IES exam.

no need to do MS or M.Tech COURSES.

if you will do MS or M.Tech, then also you will be eligiable to sit the IES exam.

as the eligibility criteria for the IES exam is

>>minimum degree engineering in four engineering discipline(ME,EC,EE,CE).

>>Age limit is 21-30 years for general candidate.

all the best........
26th September 2011, 10:40 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

M.Tech students can also apply for IES exam,if he/she finished his/her graduation degree course in B.Tech in Mechanical/Civil/Electronic stream.And their age should be between 21 to 30 years.

Indian Engineering Service exam notification for this year:
Issue of application form from 25th Feb 2012 to 24th March 2012.
Exam will held on 15th June 2012

For more details,then click here
26th September 2011, 11:47 PM
praveendia

Yes ur eligible but u have to fulfil other condition.Age Limit for IES

21-30 years as on 1.8.2010 i.e. he must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980 and not later than 1st August, 1989

Age limit is relaxed for various categories. Click herefor age relaxation deatils

Minimum Education Qualification required for IES exam

To appear for the IES examination, a candidate must have:

- obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or - Passed Section A and B of theInstitution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or - Obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or - Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or - Passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A andB of the Aeronautical Society of India; or - Passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959.

Provided that a candidate forthe post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts and Engineer Group 'A' in Wireless Planning and Coordination Wing/Monitoring Organisation) may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:-

M.Sc. degree or its equivalentwith Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.for future studies go for teaching with research.
26th September 2011, 11:49 PM
saurabh abhijeet

hello,

civil services exam for IES is conducted by union public
service commission(UPSC) every year for which the minimum
eligibility criteria is;

- a candidate should be graduate from any recognized
university in the field
--Electrical Engineering
--Electronics & Communications Engineering
--Civil Engineering
--Mechanical Engineering
or equivalent degree from any recognized university

- a candidate having M.Sc. degree or equivalent with Wireless
Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering
as a special subject is also eligible for the exam

-a candidate as an applying candidate can also apply

--a candidate's age should be between 21-30 for general
and upper age limit for OBC is 33 years and for SC/ST is
35 years

for more details you can visit the official website of UPSC

www.upsc.gov.in

for further details you can also see the attachment given;
Attached Files
File Type: docx IES.docx(10.7 KB, 61 views)
27th September 2011, 12:27 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hi i'm an electronics and communication engineer, after completion of my b.tech i want go for further studies to get a good knowledge in particular subject by doing m.s or m.tech. are candidates of m.s or m.tech eligible for this ies exam? if not can you please inform me, about any other gov. posts for M.tech or M.S students

Dear friend,

IES exam is conducted by UPSC in onece time in year.

If you have completed engineering dicipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam
1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

The Notification was published in the month of January or February in Official website or employment news papers.

Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

Yes, You are eligible for IES exam.

All the best.
27th September 2011, 01:29 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Can MS or M.Tech candidates be eligible for IES Exam?

Quote:

Eligibility for IES

In order to appear for the Indian Economic Service (IES) you need to satisfy the following conditions :-

1) You should be in the age limit of 21-30 years for general,21-33 years for OBC and 21-35 years for SC/ST

2) You should have done your B.Tech in one of the following streams
Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering
Electrical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering

The maximum number of attempts for general is 4,for OBC its 7 and for SC/ST there is no limit..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
27th September 2011, 01:50 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Hello friend,
A bachelors degree in engineering is the minimum qualification required to be eligible for the engineering service exam and since you have done B.Tech, you are eligible too. Now, if you go for higher studies, it won't make you ineligible for the exam. The only thing you need to keep in mind is that you need to be within the age limit of 21-30 years to be eligible. As long as you are within the age limit, you are eligible for the engineering service exam.
The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for candidates belonging to OBC category and 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST category.
27th September 2011, 02:01 AM
hrushi614

hi friend,

master degree eligible for IES exam

As for the IES conditions,

you have to complete engineering discipline like ece,eee,cse,mechanical,civil

the applicant age will between 21 to 35 years for sc/st/obc

and for gerneral 21 to 30 years
27th September 2011, 02:02 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for IES exam:-

1.One must have complete the graduation in engineering field.

2.One should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.One have to write the exam in the syllabus of any of the following fields like- Electronics/Electrical/Mechanical/Civil.

4.One can appear in IES exam during the final year of graduation.

Age eligibility:-

1.The age should be in between 21-30 years.
For SC/ST the upper age relaxation is 5 years and for OBC the upper age relaxation is 3 years.

So, after completion of MS/M.tech course you can go for IES exam, but your age should not be exceeded the age limit..

So, go for it..
All the best.
5th February 2012, 01:59 PM
manas.europhia
Senior Member++

Location: Qr.No.- FR-99/8 ,SAILASHREE VIHAR , CHANDRASEKHAR PUR , BHUBANESWAR, ORISSA, PIN - 751021.

As far as academic qualification is concerned you will remain eligible for IES examination
even if you go for Masters or Ph.D.

The eligibility criteria of IES exam states that one should have at least a B.Tech. or
equivalent degree. So, if your qualification is less than B.Tech. then you are not eligible
but if you are more qualified then that is not an issue.

However, there is no relaxation for M.Tech. or higher degree holders, in age limit or
other eligibility criteria. Therefore you must fulfill the Age limit and other common criterion.
Age Limit is;
21-30 years (GEN category)
21-33 years (OBC category)
21-35 years (SC/ST/PH category)
19th July 2021, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

I am From the B.Tech CSE branch and if I do M.Tech in ECE so, can I eligible for for IES Servies, Please help me out.
Regards
Priyanka
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?