20th March 2017, 08:55 PM
BISINI.P

Am I eligible for IISER entrance exam after completion of 12th in Biological science 2 years back?

Am I eligible for IISER entrance exam after completion of 12th in Biological science 2 years back? Can you please give me the details on this? What is the minimum criteria asked? Who can provide me the information on the same? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IISER after completing 12th with 90%
  2. How to apply for M.Sc in Forensic Science or Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Biological Science? What syllabus should I prepare for the Entrance Exam?
  3. Am I eligible to take diploma civil after completion of 12th standard?
  4. What is the procedure followed to apply for Ph.D in IISER?
  5. Can I appear in Engineering entrance exams on NIOS Science basis having completed 11th Commerce?
  6. How to get admission form for IISER entrance?
  7. University of Kashmir-Faculty of Biological Science Entrance Test- Zoology - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  8. List of banks exam which we can apply after completion of 12th standard?
  9. University of Kashmir - Faculty of Biological Science -M.Sc in Biochemistry Exam - Download Previous Year's Question Papers
  10. Admission procedure to do PhD in Biological Sciences in IISER, Kolkata?
  11. How could I join IISER for 5 years integrated BS-MS? How to prepare for aptitude test?
  12. Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study BASLP after completion of 12th Science? Eligibility to apply?
  13. Should i pursue M.Sc. in Biological Science after B.Sc. completion?
  14. University of Kashmir-Faculty of Biological Science- Botany Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  15. Date of sale of all Biotech and Biological Science Entrance Exam forms? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. What should I do to get admission in IISER being a non-biology student?
  17. Can maths students do B.Pharma?
  18. Am I eligible to do M.Sc IT course after completion of B.Sc Computer Science?
15th October 2017, 10:48 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IISER entrance exam after completion of 12th in Biological science 2 years back?

IISER stands for Indian Institute of Science Education and Research and admission in the same is taken through three channels mentioned below :-

1) Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel

2) Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (JEE) channel

3) State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel.

Further I would like to let you know that for admission through JEE you are required to secure a rank in JEE Advanced. But as you have mentioned that you have completed your Class 12th two years back so you are not eligible for admission through JEE Channel as you are not eligible for appearing in JEE Advanced as in the same examination students appearing in board examination or having completed their Class 12th one year back are only eligible.

Further for admission through KVYP channel you are required to hold a valid KVPY fellowship commencing from your desired academic session i.e; from the academic session in which you would start pursuing your degree course.

So the last option available for you for admission through SCB Channel for which you are first required to have managed at least that much marks in your Class 12th with Science stream as set by IISER committee for appearing IISER aptitude test and then have to qualify the same.

For more details about IISER admission criteria and procedure you can log on to the link www.iiseradmission.in .
28th October 2017, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for IISER entrance exam after completion of 12th in Biological science 2 years back?

I am presently studying Plus 2 Science(computer science) stream.Can I write the IISER aptitude test if i have scored mark on the given criteria?or Is there any another option for those who didnt took biology??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?