29th June 2017, 06:47 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IIT entrance exam with 62 percentage marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

I am only 73% in +2 board exam .Also i have only 62% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in +2 exam. So am I eligible in IIT entrance exam? Can you please tell me what criteria is followed? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me with the details.

30th June 2017, 10:15 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT entrance exam with 62 percentage marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

To be eligible to appear in IIT (JEE Advance) entrance examination, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a Government recognised board and you should have appeared, qualified and secured top 2,00,000 rank in JEE Main examination. You should have secured at least 75% (70% for SC/ST) aggregate marks in 12th standard or you should be in top 20 percentile high scorers of your 12th standard board examinations to be eligible to appear in IIT (JEE Advance) examination.
30th June 2017, 10:51 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Am I eligible for IIT entrance exam with 62 percentage marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?

Look, you are not eligible for IIT entrance exam named JEE because IIT demands 75 percent in 12th to get into IIT.

Eligibility criteria for JEE:-

For those who are still in 12th:-
Aspirant must be 10th passed.
Aspirant must have taken mathematics, physics, and chemistry in 12th with any recognized board.

For those who already cleared 12th:-
Aspirant must have cleared 12th with minimum 75 percent aggregate in mathematics, physics and chemistry with any recognized board.
1st July 2017, 02:37 AM
perthc

Hi,

To appear for or be eligible for IIT entrance exam ,you should either score at least 75% marks in 12th exam or be in the top 20 percentile in your 12th class conducted by your board.

==>You should be among the top 2,20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main),2017.

==>The percentages of various categories are: 27% for OBC-NCL, 15% for SC, 7.5% for ST and the remaining 50.5% is OPEN for all.
1st July 2017, 06:33 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main (formerly AIEEE) exam.

But you cannot appear for JEE Advanced Exam (formerly IIT-JEE) that is conducted for admission to IITs, ISM Dhanbad, and IT BHU.

For appearing in JEE Advanced, you must have secured at least 75% marks or more in 10+2.

In JEE Advanced Exam, only 2,20,000 candidates including all categories will be given chance to appear for it.
1st July 2017, 10:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

JEE is conducted in two stages Main and Advanced stage. The examination is conducted for admission in NIT, IIT and other institutes.

The eligibility to appear for Main stage is candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main paper with minimum 45%.

Candidates after qualifying in Main stage will be eligible for Advanced stage if aggregate in 12th board examination is in top 20 percentile. So, if your score is in top 20 percentile of your respective board you can appear for examination.

After qualifying in examination will be eligible for admission in IIT.

For more information about examination visit at www.jeemain.nic.in
2nd July 2017, 02:38 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology and same is the best technical college of India known for providing quality education in various technical degree courses.

For admission in IITs for pursuing B.tech degree course you need to appear and qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) held by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

Further to be eligible for admission in CFTIs like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. you need to have completed your higher secondary school degree with PCM group with at least 75% ( 65% in case of SC/ST and PH category candidates ) marks from a recognized board. Also students failing to secure required marks but managing to secure that much aggregate that makes them lie within top 20 percentile candidates of their respective board are also eligible.

So having managed 73% marks in your Class 12th you are eligible for appearing in JEE if you either belong to SC/ST/ PH category or satisfy the percentile criteria norm.

For more details regarding JEE you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
3rd July 2017, 11:20 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thin I would like to let you know that official name if IIT entrance examination is JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) which is held by CBSE once every year in two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

--> The minimum qualifications required for appearing in JEE examination are as here under :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying under 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* Further for appearing in JEE Main for admission in NITs or any other CFTIs you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 75% marks ( 65% marks in case of SC/ST and PH category candidates ) from a recognized board of education. Students failing to secured mentioned aggregate but managing to lie within the top 20 percentile candidates of their respective board of examination on the basis of marks secured in board examination.

So having cleared your Class 12th with 73% marks overall you are eligible for appearing JEE only if you belong to SC/ST or PH category or satisfy percentile norm.

For more details regarding JEE you can visit the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
5th July 2017, 04:04 PM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am only 73% in +2 board exam .Also i have only 62% in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics in +2 exam. So am I eligible in IIT entrance exam? Can you please tell me what criteria is followed? It will be really helpful if you can get back to me with the details.
No...
If a candidate is Appearing/passed 12th class are eligible to sit in the JEE Examination.
If you are from General Category,You have to score 75% .
If you are from ST/SC/OBC Category,you have to score at least 65%.

Thank you
5th July 2017, 07:45 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Like every entrance exam JEE criteria is mandatory which is as follows-

A candidate should have 12th passed. Candidates appearing for JEE should have minimum 75% marks in class 12th or should be in top 20 student of recognized board.

A candidate should have physics, chemistry and maths as the core subjects in class 12th and in each subject there should be minimum 75% of marks.

Each candidate will only get 3 attempts.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?