21st May 2015, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?

To,
Rected expert,
My question from you is that, Iam in 10th class so how much percentage should I gain in 10th board and how much percentage in 12th board to get selection in IIT

Related Questions:
  1. How much percentage required in class 10th and 12th to be eligible for IIT JEE and AIEEE entrance exam?
  2. What is the Minimum Percentage Required in 10th for IIT JEE? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Minimum percentage in BSc for IIT MSc and minimum percentage in 12th?
  4. Minimum percentage required in 12th to appear for IIT? Do they consider overall percentage of 6 subjects or only PCM percentage?
  5. Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th for admission in NID Ahmedabad
  6. Minimum percentage required in 12th class to apply for entrance exams?
  7. What is the minimum percentage required in 12th to become an Astronaut?
  8. How much is the percentage required to join in Air Force? I have scored 57% in 10th class
  9. Required Percentage of Marks in 10th Class and 12th Class to be eligible for CAT Exam?
  10. Minimum percentage required in 12th to appear for IIT JEE? Do they consider overall percentage of 6 subjects or only PCM percentage?
  11. Minimum percentage required in M.Tech for IIT in Aeronautics Engineering?
  12. Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in IIT?
  13. Required Percentage of marks in 10th class and 12th class to join MBA course?
  14. Percentage required in 10th for admission to an IIT? Is it necessary to take Computer Science in 10th for admission to IITs?
  15. Is there any minimum percentage requirement to get a government job? Is it necessary to have more than 60% marks in 10th and 12th?
  16. Minimum percentage required in 10th, 12th or in B.Tech for PSU examination?
  17. What is the required percentage in 10th for IIM Selection?
  18. Which are the subjects important in science? Percentage required in 12th to get a seat in IITs? Will I get a seat after scoring 70%?
21st May 2015, 09:57 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?

To get selected in IIT, you must have scored at least 75% marks in your 12th standard and you need to appear in JEE Main and JEE Advanced examination. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. By qualifying and securing top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination, you are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. By securing good rank in JEE Advanced examination, you can get selected in IIT.
21st May 2015, 11:06 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in 10th and 12th class for selection in IIT?

Indian Institute of technology colleges are the best option for any student for B.Tech degree in India.
For admission in IIT, student have to go through two densional test which include two written test i.e JEE Mains and Advance and other one is student must have to be in top 20 percentile of the board result.

For admission in IIT colleges, marks in 10th standard does not matter but good score in 10 th is necessary for students for moral support and self-confidence towards the preparation of entrance test.

So, never think of about how much marks you obtained in 10th, just take admission in any schoool/college in 11th and start your preparation to qualify in first attempt at the time of appearing in 12th.
21st May 2015, 11:07 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
To,
Rected expert,
My question from you is that, Iam in 10th class so how much percentage should I gain in 10th board and how much percentage in 12th board to get selection in IIT
IIT exam doesn't depends on 10th standard marks but it's depends on 12th standard marks.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
21st May 2015, 12:08 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Selection in IIT is not done on the basis of 10th and 12th marks dear. If you wish to get admission in IITs than you will have to score quite well in your IIT-JEE examination after the completion of your 12th examination, and after having scored quite well in the entrance examination, you can most probably get admission in IIT.

But still you should try to score well in your 10th and 12th as without having studied well in your boards, it will be quite difficult to score well in your entrance.
21st May 2015, 01:59 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Admission in IIT College depends upon only percentage of 12th standard not 10th.

Eligibility for IIT exam:

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized university with 60% marks for General category students.

55% for SC/ST candidates.

You must consist Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects in 12th standard.

Appearing in 12th standard are also eligible.

Minimum age is 17 years apply this exam.
21st May 2015, 05:45 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

You get admission in IIT,you need to appear JEE mains.
Before That you need fulfill JEE mains eligibility criteria.
Age:- not more than 26 years( relaxation age for sc/st as per the norms).
Educational qualification:- must have done 12 th board.
Percentage:- minimum of 50%.
Subject needed:- mathematics, physics and chemistry.

Number of attempts:- 3 times
Better to clear it in one time.
Once you had cleared JEE mains,they you to face JEE advanced.
21st May 2015, 09:26 PM
Chando Chando

First I tell you that to get admission in IIT their is no required of 10th board marks.
In IIT their only needed 12th board marks, which is required minimum 60% marks in 12th to get admission in IIT.

But a student study 12th with science PCM can get admission in IIT. And nowadays to get admission in 12th science stream you have to score above 60% in 10th board , because everyone want to get admission in science stream and their are limited seats in school.
To get admission in some best school you have to score above 75% marks In 10th board to get admission in Science stream.
21st May 2015, 11:28 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in any of IIT institutes, you need to appear for JEE main and JEE advanced exams, because candidates who have cleared these exams can only get admission in IIT institutes. The admission procedure does not depend upon your 10th and 12th standard percentage, but it is better to have above 80% of marks. To appear for JEE main and JEE advanced exams, you should have completed your 12th standard with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry subjects.
6th July 2017, 08:44 PM
Unregistered

For preparation of iit which one is better non attending classes in school or attending classes in school
31st May 2018, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

I got 57.84% in 12th science. And 135 in pcb. But my question is can i take admission in MBBS. I really don't know what I do. ? Please tell me. It's so important me.
Please.
14th March 2019, 09:38 PM
Unregistered

Should i take computer science for 10th if i want to get into iit
12th February 2020, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

When I have got 80% marks in board exam can I got scholarship study for iit
11th December 2020, 08:25 AM
Unregistered

I have 51 percent in class 10th and 87 percent in class 12th, then I will be selected in IIT college.
10th September 2022, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

IS 10TH STANDARD RESULT IS IMPORTANT THEN 12TH RESULT FOR SELECTION IN IIT??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?