10th October 2012, 01:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give IAS or IPS Exam after completion of Mechanical Engineering course?

I am mechanical engg ( after 10th standard , diploma and degree) can i give exam of ias/ips.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for IAS/IPS entrance exam? I have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering
  2. How to get education loan for management studies which costs 3.75 Lacs? -- [New]
  3. Is it possible to become an IAS or IPS officer through Marine Engineering?
  4. What are the steps required to prepare for IAS/IPS? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  6. Can I do IAS and IPS after completion of B.Com course?
  7. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course?
  8. Am I eligible for IPS exam after graduating in B.Tech Mechanical Engineering
  9. Am I eligible for IPS or IAS exam after completing BSc IT?
  10. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  11. Am I eligible for IPS and IAS exam after scoring 54% in 10th, 47% in 12th?
  12. How to prepare for IAS/IPS exam? I am a 3rd year mechanical engineering student
  13. How is the IPS exam conducted? Which are the subjects for IPS?
  14. Can I apply for government job after doing B.Tech from KSOU
  15. Am i eligible for IPS test after doing B.Tech Mechanical engineering
  16. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  17. Can I get give IAS and IPS preliminary and mains exam?
  18. What should I do for bright future if I do not get good rank in EAMCET?
10th October 2012, 04:16 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IAS or IPS Exam after completion of Mechanical Engineering course?

hi,
IAS as well IPS exam is conducted by upsc.
Upsc exam consists three stages:-
Preliminary
Mains
Interview
Eligibility:-
>you must be passed graduation from a recognized university.
>age limit is 21 to 30 years.
>you must be Indian citizen.
For more,
www.upsc.gov.in
10th October 2012, 05:48 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give IAS or IPS Exam after completion of Mechanical Engineering course?

Yes, You are eligible for IAS or IPS exam after completion of Mechanical Engg course.

To become an IAS/IPS officer you need to apply, appear and crack Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC once every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream of education or B.Tech. Engineering Degree from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years with upper age relaxation for reserved candidate.

The candidate aspiring for IPS should have maintained a minimum physical requirement like:-

HEIGHT:- General Male-165cm and Female-150cm while SC/ST Male-160cm and Female-145cm.

CHEST:-

Male-85cm while Female-79cm expandable to 5cm in both the cases.

The selection is through three phases:-

CSAT - Civil Service Aptitude Test - Preliminary Exam

Civil Service Main Exam

Personal Interview

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
14th October 2012, 06:32 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

Yes you are eligible to give the Civil services Examination if you have completed your Engineering.

This is because the educational qualification that you should have so that you can appear in the civil services exam is that you must have a Bachelor`s Degree in any stream from any recognized college/university.

You can become An IAS / IPS Officer , only by cracking the Civil servcies Exam.

So , you need to study quite hard with full determination and a fixed aim to carck this.

You can visit : http://www.onestopias.com for useful resources relating the same.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
12th June 2013, 01:07 PM
Paliyal79

Yes you are eligible for the IAS, IPS exam after completing your degree in mechanical engineering.
This is a Civil Service Exam which is conducted by UPSC.
For this , graduation degree is necessary from a recognized university.
Age limt is lies between 21 to 30. 5 years upper relaxation for SC/ST candidates and 3 years relaxation for OBC candidates.
This test contains awritten test,interview, medical check etc. GOOD LUCK
25th May 2015, 03:30 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for upsc exam after completing marine engineering course????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?