19th October 2010, 01:20 AM
danishbeg

Can Mechanical Engineering students appear for IPS Exam?

sir i am danish beg. i am a be stuent .my stream is mechanical branch.so i want to know this.can i given the the exam of ips?plz tell ur comment.

19th October 2010, 08:34 AM
akshaydixit13

Default Re: Can Mechanical Engineering students appear for IPS Exam?

dear Danish Beg, You can give the exam of IPS, as the mechanical engineering is also constitutes a degree, hence you are eligible to give exam of IPS, all the best,
19th October 2010, 12:51 PM
sharique7860

yes dear friend you can apply for ips.you need to be graduate in any discipline for ips exam
19th October 2010, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Yes, u can ..!! And one thing to note that u have to appear in in upsc civil service exam not in ips exam . Your rank will determine whether u will get ips cadre or not. just go to onestopias.com u will find much more relevant information there.
19th October 2010, 01:07 PM
kaushal89

yaa u can appear in ips examination.
The Indian Police Service (IPS) is one of the three All India Services of the Government of India; other two services being the Indian Administrative Service (IAS) and the Indian Foreign Service (IFS).
In 1948, a year after India gained independence; the Imperial Police was replaced by the IPS.

(more content follows the advertisement below)
A D V E R T I S E M E N T

The Indian Police Service is an unchanged copy of The British Colonial Police Service it replaced; it is an elitist service and was designed for the dictatorship of Colonial domination. The pattern of unaccountable IPS officers with huge powers is very similar to those given by the German Third Reich to its officers who were sent to administer the occupied territories. The British Imperial Police Officers were in charge of a force to dominate the Indian people who were considered inferior. The British themselves in their own homeland had a very different police service which was set up to be accountable to the public with the emphasis as a service body. The IPS Examination

Meanwhile while most police forces promote their officers from the ranks. To be a senior officer in the IPS you have to pass a separate examination. This system was designed to ensure white British Officers occupied the top echelons.

The British ensured that young white officers who passed a exam would be able to administer and control districts with millions of inhabitants. These officers became part of an elite coterie of colonial administrators. Indians were given the subordinate non IPS ranks.

This system has continued via the Indian Civil service examinations where a group of people are given absolute power. There is no other model like it in the world. It is an undemocratic structure designed by foreign occupiers to control a subject population. The system is designed to control and rule rather than serve and be held accountable.

The system was devised in the United Kingdom for other populations, it was never deployed in the UK neither would it have ever been tolerated by the population. The IAS and IPS system was only for the colonial population. This system has no place in a democracy and some say that we must follow the example of most other countries where officers or all recruited in the lower ranks and only those which pass a series of exams, show merit show performance are promoted. The IPS system denies the opportunity for many thousands in the lower ranks to achieve the top rank in the Police.
19th October 2010, 01:51 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
yes you can give the exam for ips,
in fact any graduate can give the exam provided you don't cross the age limit.
all the details are there at the following website,
www.upsc.gov.in
all the best
19th October 2010, 03:40 PM
kvrob139
Senior Member++

Yes, definitely whether it is a mechanical engineer or other, any one can sit for IPS if you have a sound health and good administration skills.
19th October 2010, 03:40 PM
vikrant kurmude

Thumbs up Re: Can Mechanical Engineering students appear for IPS Exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishbeg View Post
sir i am danish beg. i am a be stuent .my stream is mechanical branch.so i want to know this.can i given the the exam of ips?plz tell ur comment.
yes offcourse any one can gives exam of ips
for ips the eligiblitiy criteria is only complete ur graduation with any stream. there is no praticuler percentage requred.you have just done ur graduate.http://entrance-exam.net/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif
19th October 2010, 04:15 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

Hi danish...

Since you are an mechanical engineer...i.e. you have passed your graduation now...you are eligible for giving IPS exam...you just have to wait for the notifications regarding the IPS exams...for details and syllabus..please follow the link ...http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck !!
19th October 2010, 04:27 PM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Dear friend,

Yes you can apply for the IPS exam which is conducted by the UPSC.

The eligibility to appear in this exam is to have a graduation degree in any subject from a recognized university.

The age criteria must be 21-30 years that is the candidate must be between 21-30 years of age on the time he/she is applying for the exam.

So if you have completed your Graduation or B.E then you can surely apply for the IPS exam.

Best of luck!!
19th October 2010, 05:42 PM
aotiwari

Hi Danish,

The minimum eligibility criteria for IPS is graduation from a recognised university
Age limit : 21 to 30 years (relaxation acc to category)
No. of maximum attempts : 4

Hence i feel that you are eligible for the exam

For getting int IPS you need to give UPSC from where you can get into civil services.
Along with IPS you can get into IAS, IFS.

The exam consists of,
1) Preliminary exam (prelims) - conducted in May /June
2) Main exam (mains), and - conducted in October/November
3) Interview is conducted after that.

The notification is out in the month of February and the last date of application is 1 month after the notification.

You can visit
http://www.upsc.gov.in/ for more details
20th October 2010, 03:30 AM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Yes you are very much eligible.The eligibility to appear in the UPSC exams is graduation from any recognized university between the age limit of 21 to 30 years at the time of the examinations.The UPSC conducts these exams (IPS) every year.There are preliminary and mains and finally interview.It is one of the prestigious jobs in our country along with IAS,IFS.So start preparing yourself.
Wish you all the success.
20th October 2010, 07:09 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

For filling the form for an ips u should be a graduate. And since u have completed ur b.tech u r now a graduate so u can apply for ips .
20th October 2010, 10:39 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Smile Re: Can Mechanical Engineering students appear for IPS Exam?

Quote:
dear friend,

yes obiviously you can apply for UPSC civil service examination.for details please visit:
http://www.upsc.gov.in/

good luck.
21st November 2010, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

occure i thik that what mean ips officer
3rd December 2010, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

my son is a BE in 8th sem. unfortunately he is using power glass, can he take the ips exam. ple somebody let me know.
26th December 2010, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir,

I am an Electrical Engineer NOw working in DUBAI in a Good Company, but my Aim is an Always, to be an I.P.S. So Can you Please Let me Know, that an Electrical Engineer Can appear for I.P.S ? And my Age is 26... What is the age Limit for this Exam ?
29th January 2011, 01:24 PM
Unregistered

i am pursuing mech. engg..Which subjects i should opt for upsc civil service? is mech. engg. subject difficult.
31st January 2011, 07:46 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Cool Re: Can Mechanical Engineering students appear for IPS Exam?

Quote:
dear friend,
for ips exam, the minimum eligibility qualification is that the student must have done graduation in any field with atleast 60% marks. if you think that you will get 60% or above in doing be from mechanical engineering, then you are eligible for the exam. you can apply for the exam when you will be in final year.
7th February 2011, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
first you do 3 years course of mechanical engineering then 2 years course of b.tech then you are applicable for ias or ips examination !!
18th February 2011, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

which two subjects are easy to crash ips exam?
21st March 2011, 09:56 PM
mukul0094
Banned

Quote:

You can give the exam IPS exam because the minimum educational
qualification for IPS exam is graduation. So you can apply in the
final year of engineering. The age must be between 21 to 30 years
at the time of appearing of IPS exam.
You can get all information related to IPS exam on the official website
of UPSC :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st June 2011, 02:08 PM
Unregistered

diploma in mechanical engg. are eligible for ips or upsc examination
23rd June 2011, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

what is the starting salary of an ips officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?