10th October 2011, 02:11 AM
jyotichoudhary

Am I eligible for ISRO Exam having secured 64% in one semester and above 70% in remaining semesters pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech ECE?

Hello sir/mam...
I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year (ECE).I have got less 64% in one sem. and above 70% in rest, I want to know if I am eligible for ISRO exam or not. Please send me the exam syllabus also.
I will be very thankful.
Thank You.

Related Questions:
  1. How should I get into ISRO pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in ECE and having good academic result in 10th and 12th class? When will be the Exam conducted for this? Whey ISRO will take B.Tech students? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to do summer internship after 6th semester? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE
  3. Will I be eligible for ISRO Exam pursuing my 5th semester of B.Tech?
  4. Can I be eligible for ISRO after scoring 65% in all semester?
  5. What's the applying procedure for ISRO? I am pursuing BE degree(3rd year) with ECE stream from St. Xaviers college
  6. What's the applying procedure for ISRO? I am pursuing BE degree(3rd year) with ECE stream from St. Xaviers college
  7. How can I get job in ISRO being a B.Tech(ECE) 7th semester student?
  8. Am I eligible to get job in Cognizant, Infosys and Capgemini if having 5 backlogs in B.Tech(ECE)?
  9. Am I eligible to write ICET Exam pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech course?
  10. Is it possible to study remaining semesters in Canada/US through SAT and IELTS if completed 1st semester of B.Tech in Kerala?
  11. Requirements to to do Summer Training in ISRO? How to apply for Summer Training in ISRO being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year of BE in ECE?
  12. Is it possible to move to 3rd year if I have failed in 2nd year B.Sc course?
  13. Am I eligible to apply in ISRO Graduate Apprentice recruitment being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) final year student and secured above 70% in all semesters?
  14. How to get Internship in top Companies being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year B.Tech?
  15. How can I get selected in ISRO after getting selected in B.Tech 3rd year?
  16. How to get job in Air Force being a candidate of pursuing B.Tech 3rd year in ECE?
  17. How can I join ISRO after completing CSE? -- [New]
  18. Am I eligible to apply in JEST if pursuing M.Sc(Physics) 3rd semester?
10th October 2011, 09:06 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for ISRO Exam having secured 64% in one semester and above 70% in remaining semesters pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech ECE?

ISRO

Education qualification for ISRO is

we need to have a qualificatio of BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available).

SCIENTIST/ENGINEER

ISRO does not have any specific syllabus for their exam...

however in general it contains the syllabus what you have studied in 4 years of engineering...

FOR ECE ISRO syllabus can be consider as
  • Network graphs
  • Solution methods
  • Network theorems
  • 2-port network parameters
  • Electronic Devices
  • Carrier transport in silicon
  • Analog Circuits
  • Amplifiers
  • Digital circuits
  • Sequential circuits
  • Microprocessor(8085)
  • Signals and Systems
  • Random signals and noise
  • Controls Systems
  • Tools and techniques for LTI control system analysis
  • Control system compensator
  • Communications
  • Digital communication systems
  • Electromagnetic
  • Plane wave
  • Transmission lines
  • Waveguides
  • Antennas
AND for detail info for the topic is attached in this message
10th October 2011, 10:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for ISRO Exam having secured 64% in one semester and above 70% in remaining semesters pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyotichoudhary View Post
Hello sir/mam...
I am a student of B.Tech 3rd year (ECE).I have got less 64% in one sem. and above 70% in rest, I want to know if I am eligible for ISRO exam or not. Please send me the exam syllabus also.
I will be very thankful.
Thank You.
Dear friend,

Every year ISRO select the candidate in one process those are qualify GATE exam with good score are called for direct interview.

And 2 nd option , first you have to cleared written exam then you will be called for interview.

Yes, B-TECH(IT) student are eligible for ISRO exam.

Those candidate have completed B-TECH degree or final year student are eligible for ISRO exam.

but your graduation marks must be above 65% .

The age criteria is given below-

For general candidate - 35 years
For OBC candidate - 38 years
For SC/ST candidate -40 years.

Exam Patterns are-

Total No. of question:80
Total time:90 mins
Marking system:+3 for corerct answer, -1 for wrong answer

Thanks
10th October 2011, 12:19 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

yes, you are eligiable for the ISRO Exam having secured 64% in one semester and above 70% in remaining semesters pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech ECE.

as the eligibility criteria to join in the ISRO is like given below

>>minimum degree engineering from AICTE approved institute.

>>minimum 65% marks in engineering. 65% marks not every semester. grand total should 65%.

>>age limit is 21-28 years.

etc.

for more information regarding ISRO check-http://isro.gov.in

all the best.......
10th October 2011, 07:17 PM
neha bh

Eligibilities for Scientist/Engineers

Candidate must be BE/B.Tech with a minimum 65% marks in Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science and Electronics Engineering.

syllbus

(1) Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs
(2) Signals and Systems
(3) Network Theory
(4) Electromagnetic Theory
(5) Analog Electronic Circuits
(6) Digital Electronic Circuits
(7) Control Systems
(8) Communication Systems
(9) Microwave Engineering
(10) Computer Engineering

Age limit
Candidate Maximum age 35 years

Important date
Last date of form submission: last week of Feb. 2012.
Written exam Date of third week of April 2012

regards
neha
10th October 2011, 07:39 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for ISRO Exam having secured 64% in one semester and above 70% in remaining semesters pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech ECE?

Quote:
Hello sir/mam...
I will be very thankful.
Thank You.

Eligibility Criteria for ISRO

1) You should have 65% or above as aggregate(average) in your B.Tech and in your 10th and 12th also..

2) You should have no backlogs at the time of placement..

3) A study gap of not more than 1 year..

You need to be completely thorough with your subjects and be totally confident while giving your interview..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
10th October 2011, 07:39 PM
jevirsinh

ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation)

As per your details you are eligible for the ISRO entrance exam

all the details regarding the examination are

ISRO has Annual Intake of Engineers and Scientist

even though there is specific exam for the intake for the same

they highly depend on the merit of the student than the degrees completed by the candidate

so you should understand one thing clearly that you have to be a good knowledgable person in your subject regard

And the general steps you have to remember to reach your desired goal is ..

->you have to complete your b.tech with good percentage i.e., 65% atleast (preferably 75-80%)

->Go for Coaching if you're financial position is strong(Not Cumpulsary) so that not only you get coaching you can be exposed to many factors like difficulty level of question,national wide competition for the same exam..and so on it will be good if you do so..

->As usual after getting well groomed with the coaching you can confidently attempt the exam..

->Then after that you have to give good performance in the interview too.

By these simple steps you can make into your dream..
28th November 2011, 10:23 PM
litunu

Education qualification for ISRO is

we need to have a qualificatio of BE/B.Tech or equivalent in First Class with an aggregate minimum of 65% (average of all semesters for which results are available).

SCIENTIST/ENGINEER

syllbus

(1) Physical Electronics, Electron Devices and ICs
(2) Signals and Systems
(3) Network Theory
(4) Electromagnetic Theory
(5) Analog Electronic Circuits
(6) Digital Electronic Circuits
(7) Control Systems
(8) Communication Systems
(9) Microwave Engineering
(10) Computer Engineering
27th February 2012, 06:27 PM
Unregistered

sir,i am doing b tech 4th sem and i have aggregate of 8.6gpa but my 12 is less than 60% ,iam i eligible to write this exam please replay sir
31st May 2012, 08:29 PM
Unregistered

Can a B.sc physics graduate write ISRO exam?
19th July 2013, 10:33 PM
Unregistered

Dear sir/madam
I amuthan, i had completed B.E(2010) with 68% and M.E(2013) 78%, my doubts was, in 10th i got 64% only, whether its eligible or not.. pls clarify me... [email protected] its my mail id
20th July 2013, 09:48 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear sir/madam
I amuthan, i had completed B.E(2010) with 68% and M.E(2013) 78%, my doubts was, in 10th i got 64% only, whether its eligible or not.. pls clarify me... [email protected] its my mail id
YES, you can apply to ISRO

ISRO does hiring for below posts after BE/BTECH
Scientists/Engineers-Civil
Scientists/Engineers-Electrical
Scientists/Engineers-Refrigeration
Scientists/Engineers-Mechanical
Scientists/Engineers-Computer Science/electronics

Eligibilty to apply is:
BE/BTECH in relevant stream of engineering with minimum aggregate of 65% marks

Age- Maximum age to apply for the General Candidates is 35 years
OBC can apply till 38 years
SC/ST can apply till 40 years

You have to apply online through ISRO website www.isro.gov.inwhen vacancy are advertised

After application, only candidates shortlisted by ISRO will be allowed to give the written tests date advertised
7th March 2015, 07:29 PM
Unregistered

From which semester the aggregate marks are considered for ISRO? usually how many candidates ISRO take per year? what will be the salary for mechanical engineer?
24th March 2015, 12:28 PM
divyanakra
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hello sir/mam...
I will be very thankful.
Thank You.
ISRO will decide its cutoff for students before appearing in written test and that is around 70 to 73% so if you can complete your graduation cumulatively with these percentage then you are definitely allowed to appear in examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?