22nd January 2012, 05:25 PM
bharatiyudu

How to join Indian Air Force in Technical Department? I am a B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical student

hi this is srikanth
iam b tch 2nd year student (mechanical) and iam interested to join in indian air force in technical department or in officers so please guide me is there any scope ?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join Technical Department of Indian Air Force being a B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 2nd year female student?
  2. After B.E ECE how can I join Indian Air Force?
  3. How to join Indian Air Force after studying in B.Com 2nd year
  4. How to join Indian Air Force after doing 3rd year B.E in mechanical engineering
  5. How can I join Indian Air Force as a Pilot after completing B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering)? Percentage required to join? Entrance exams to join?
  6. Opportunities in Technical field of Indian Air Force for B.E.(ECE) student?
  7. How can I join Air Force after doing B.E Mechanical
  8. How to join Indian Air Force being a candidate of pursuing 3rd year BE in Mechanical Engineering?
  9. Procedure to join Indian Army in the Technical Department?
  10. What is the procedure for an architect to join Indian Air force
  11. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year student of 17 years old? Qualification required and age limit to apply?
  12. Being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student, how can I join Indian Air Force?
  13. How to join Indian Air Force after passing B.Tech 2nd year ECE? What is the procedure?
  14. How can I join Indian Air force if I am a 2nd year B.Tech student?
  15. Procedure, Eligibility criteria, Fitness and physical criteria for girls to join Indian Air Force? What are the different branches and entrance exams for which girl candidates can apply? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I join Army, Navy or Air Force after passing 2nd year Mechanical engineering?
  17. In which entrance exam I have to appear to join in Indian Air Force being a B.E.(ECE) final year student? Selection procedure of Indian Air Force? -- [New]
  18. How to join Indian Air Force after passing class 10th? What is the education requirement for Indian Air Force?
22nd January 2012, 08:26 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force in Technical Department? I am a B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical student

dear friend,
To get into technical branch of Indian Air force you have to appear in AFCAT exam..

AFCAT exam is conducted by Air Force to recruit students for different sections in air force..

Eligibility for AFCAT exam:-

For Technical branch:-

1.Candidate has to complete the graduation in engineering field.

2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.

3.Final year candidate can also apply for AFCAT exam.

4.Age should be in between 18-28 years.

5.Candidate should be a citizen of India.

6.Candidate must be unmarried male.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you have done B.tech in mechanical engineering then you can apply for it.

All the best..
29th January 2012, 07:21 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: How to join Indian Air Force in Technical Department? I am a B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical student

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatiyudu View Post
hi this is srikanth
iam b tch 2nd year student (mechanical) and iam interested to join in indian air force in technical department or in officers so please guide me is there any scope ?
HI,
After passing B.Tech you can join India Air force.

For this you have to qualify the C.D.S exam.

C.D.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C twice in a year.
Candidate who pass the graduation in stream is eligible for this exam.

Age of the candidate should be in between 19-24 year.

This exam is conducted in three stage:-
> Written exam
> Interview
> Medical exam

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
30th January 2012, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

i am student of BE mechanical 4thsem i am interest to join a Indian army in technical Dept. please give me information about selection requirement and enterast exam syllubas .
11th May 2012, 09:13 PM
Unregistered

I am 2nd year bsc physics stud: ! can i join indian airforce in mechanical stream
14th May 2012, 08:19 PM
hitesh kumarsharma

Thumbs up Re: How to join Indian Air Force in Technical Department? I am a B.Tech 2nd year Mechanical student

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatiyudu View Post
hi this is srikanth
after completing it b tch u have to fill fourm of it and attached your eegre on it for your post...
21st May 2012, 01:15 PM
Unregistered

how to join indian air force in technical side?i m 4th year student of mechanical
20th July 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

hello there, i'm doing my final year mca..is there any chance to join in technical side of indian defence service..pls guide me through..
27th December 2013, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Hi..
This is Arpit kansara ..
I am a student of 4th sem Mechanical engg...
I am interested to join IAF as Technical engineer.
So will u please guide me for the basic eligibility and performance requirement
In Academic as well as physical leval...??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?