1st August 2012, 02:43 PM
Bobby_ch

Am I eligible for M.Tech course after scoring 58% of marks in BE IT?

I Score 58% aggregate in B.E(I.T). Can i eligible for M.tech? If yes then which college ?

1st August 2012, 04:40 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech course after scoring 58% of marks in BE IT?

yes you are definitely eligible for M.Tech course after completing this B.Tech in IT with 58 percent. However as far as the college is concerned, it purely depends on your performance in the GATE exam. Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is conducted for admission in post graduate course in Engineering.

You will have to prepare for the GATE exam and after passing it you would be able to apply in various colleges depending on your performance. You stand a chance to apply is various college around India however I am afraid it won't include Indian Institute of Technology since the requirement of IIT for M.Tech admission is at least 60 percent marks.

But this is certainly nothing to be disappointed about. There are several other colleges where you can apply.

GATE EXAM

There are total of 65 questions in the GATE exam for which you can get maximum of 100 marks. Mainly questions related to Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude carry the most importance. What this means is that both Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude questions carry 15 percent marks each.

To make it simple out of 100 marks, 30 belongs to questions related to Engineering Mathematics and General Aptitude while the remaining 70 percent marks are from your respective engineering subjects.

Some questions in the GATE exam are linked with each other. What this means is that to find the answer of a question, you may have to solve the previous question first. So look out carefully for such questions.

There is negative marking in the GATE exam so solve the questions carefully and make sure to check the answer twice for any mistakes.

The significant of GATE is not just limited to the M.Tech admission but when you would try to get job in Public Sector Undertaking the gate score would play a very important role. Most PSU would also consider your GATE score when you will apply for the job.

Those who perform resonably well in the GATE entrance exam are sometimes given direct admission. What this means is that you won't have to appear in the written exam and would be called for direct interview.
28th February 2013, 09:30 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for M.Tech course after scoring 58% of marks in BE IT?

Yes, you are eligible. But you need to qualify GATE. No specific marks in B.Tech are required to attend GATE. The exam is usually conducted in the month of February. Allotment of colleges are done as per GATE score.
9th April 2013, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for M.Tech Admission2013-14 in NIT's , My gate score is 524, AIR is 2462. but I have 57% aggregate of 7 sem (currently in 8 th),,Our universitya (pune University) puts marks of last year only on the certificate, i scored 63% in 7th sem, and if I am able to score 60% aggregate in last year ,my certificate will fall under 60% category.
Reply.
19th June 2013, 01:51 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare gate without taking any coaching???
19th June 2013, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

how to prepare gate without taking any coaching??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?