4th April 2012, 05:52 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for MBA? What's the applying procedure? I'm a diploma holder

I am a diploma holder. I want to do mba am I eligible. If yes how should i proceed. no issue if that is 1yr executive MBA.

4th June 2012, 02:59 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MBA? What's the applying procedure? I'm a diploma holder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a diploma holder. I want to do mba am I eligible. If yes how should i proceed. no issue if that is 1yr executive MBA.
MBA stands for Master in Business Administration and the duration of this course is 2 years. To get admission in this course you have to complete your graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognized University. So graduation is the minimum requirement to get admission in MBA.

Diploma holder candidates are not eligible for Admission in MBA.

The admission in this course is based on entrance test followed by Group discussion and Personal Interview.

To get admission in Executive MBA Course, you have to cracked the GMAT Entrance examination.

To get admission in IIM's you have to complete your Graduation first and you must be 27 years old and should have more than 5 years of experience in any industry.

So, please complete your Graduate degree course and then you are eligible for MBA.
4th June 2012, 05:20 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for MBA? What's the applying procedure? I'm a diploma holder

Eligibility criteria for MBA:-

The eligibility criteria for one year full time MBA program is bachelor's degree from a recognized university in any discipline. Minimum Age limit is 27 yrs at the start of the course. Not too old GMAT score is also required.

For part time MBA program Bachelor's degree in any discipline is required. Diploma holders needs to have a minimum of 3 yrs of work experience. You have to sit for the entrance exam that test the analytical, verbal and numerical abilities of students.

For specialized MBA program bachelor's degree, work experience, entrance exam and GD, PI results are taken into consideration.

Thus with your diploma degree you are only eligibile for the part time MBA degree or you can apply for distance course. Add to it the three years work experience. Hope this helps
4th June 2012, 06:13 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

The candidates having Diploma holder are not ay all eligible for MBA course.

MBA - MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION is a two years Post Graduate course and can only be pursed after Graduation in any stream from a recognised University. There is no upper age bar for admission to MBA course.

Most of the Institutions conduct entrance exam followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview for admission to MBA course.

So as you are interested for MBA, you first have to complete Graduation in any discipline and become eligible for MBA.
4th June 2012, 11:47 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No friend,

You are not eligible for MBA with this qualification.

Anyone who has completed his or her graduation in any field from a recognized university is eligible for MBA.

So after completing your graduation in any stream, you will be eligible for MBA.

So right now, choose your graduation stream according to your stream in 12th, and complete it. And try to keep your graduation marks above 50%.

You can do MBA in regular basis or in correspondence.

For regular, You have to give MBA entrance exams like CAT, MAT, XAT, JMET, SNAP, ATMA, MAH-CET etc. You can apply for those entrance exams in your final year of graduation also.

After cracking those exams, you will get to admit in the colleges on the basis of the percentage obtained in those exams.

MBA has many options which you can take as your specialization like...

MBA in Finance

MBA in Health (Pharmaceuticals)

MBA in Consultancy

MBA in Information Technology

MBA in Telecommunications

MBA in Media

MBA in Services

MBA in Human Resources

MBA in Banking
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?