28th October 2011, 11:12 PM
suyambu29

Am I eligible for MCA if I didn't have 12th in science?

sir,
i am bsc physics student. i did'nt have maths in 12th as my group is science.. am i eligible for MCA...

29th October 2011, 12:52 AM
abhin91
Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for MCA if I didn't have 12th in science?

Sorry you are not eligible as you need to have maths at your +2 level. As by given eligibility by majority of mca institutions:
a graduate with 50-60% marks in the last qualifying exam along with Maths at +2 level or/and graduation may apply in majority of institutes.
29th October 2011, 09:39 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

MCA is a post graduatation in computer application so first you need to have graduation i.e can be either b.com,bsc or engineering or anything graduation degree..

For MCA there are two criteria either
Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects at 10+2 level

or Mathematics or Statistics as one of the subjects in Bachelors degree of minimum three years duration

then only you are eligible for MCA!!

some of MCA Entrance Examination in India are:--
29th October 2011, 09:58 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

hi dear.....
Sorry to say that now you are not eligible for MCA course after graduation you are eligible for this course...........
For your carrier i am providing you a chart from where you will get details information about your carrier what to study in future......

good luck..........
29th October 2011, 10:17 AM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
MCA is a three year master course in the field of computer application. For admission into the masters course entrance exam is being conducted by various universities. The various entrance exams are Tancet, nimcet, etc
to become eligible to the entrance exam one need to have following qualification
1. One can do any bachelor degree like b.com, bsc etc. More preferably BCA
2. But the essential requirement to do is one should have choosen mathematics in his +2.
3. There is no age limit for appearing in the exam
4. There is no restriction in the number of attempts too.
You are not eligible to do mca but you can do bca for which +2 qualification is required and admission is based on the +2 marks.
29th October 2011, 01:50 PM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for MCA if I didn't have 12th in science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyambu29 View Post
sir,
i am bsc physics student. i did'nt have maths in 12th as my group is science.. am i eligible for MCA...
Am I eligible for MCA if I didn't have 12th in science?

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application and is infact a master degree so for doing MCA , you must complete your graduation first .

Yes you are eligible but you will have to read Mathematics in MCA course. Not al institutes provides this facility but there are many institutes in our country which allows students to take admission even after not having maths in class 12th .so don't worry and apply if you think that you will perform better in MCA.

With Regards
rchauhan294
29th October 2011, 03:13 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Hi.
Please don't get disheartened, but this is negative with respect to your query. The minimum requirement for pursuing MCA is to have mathematics background in your 10+2, or statistics as one of your subjects.

You can go for masters degree in Physics.
29th October 2011, 04:48 PM
Unregistered

can i eligible to MCA after B.sc(IT) but i hve puc in i.com..?
plz help mesir..
30th December 2011, 04:56 PM
sundaresh kalal

Quote:
Originally Posted by suyambu29 View Post
sir,
yes u r eligible
30th December 2011, 10:16 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: Am I eligible for MCA if I didn't have 12th in science?

Hi

MCA is the Master's in Computer Applications.

This is a 2 year full time/postal course which is a post graduation program.
Basically it is the Master's course of BCA (Bachelors in Computer Applications)

There are some Eligibility Criteria's which need to be met by the candidates in order to pursue this course. They are :

1. You should be a minimum graduate in Science/Commerce/Arts stream with a minimum 50% aggregate in it from a recognized college or university.

2. You MUST HAVE STUDIED MATHEMATICS/COMPUTER SCIENCE/STATISTICS in your Higher Secondary or Graduation.

3. There are no age/attempt limits as such.

So now as you ask, that you are not from a Science stream but want to do your post graduation in MCA. I must tell you that if you had Maths or Stats in your HS or as a subject in your graduation course, you can apply for the MCA course.

But if you have not studied any of these, then my friend it is not possible for you to pursue your post graduation in MCA.

Still there are many colleges in India, who give relaxations. You need to find out about them if you are really keen to study MCA. But this is for sure that the top MCA institutions would not admit you if you fail to meet the above eligibility criteria's.

-> Or else you may go for the M.Sc in Physics. That is also an equally good subject.

Hope this helps

All the best

Regards
#RJ#
11th April 2012, 09:22 PM
Unregistered

1). HS(Science, PCMB), but didn't appear for Maths Exam in HS final.
2). BSc(IT) Distance education from Kevempu university.
So, with this m I eligible for MCA.
8th May 2012, 11:13 AM
Unregistered

i have done commerce and not science after 10th but had maths and have done bmm .. Am i eligible for MCA?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?