28th November 2015, 08:24 PM
Unregistered

Post graduation in MCA after completing graduation in B.Sc computer science?

Sir, I have just passed out as a graduate with B.sc(Comp.sci.) degree, so I am confused whether I should go for the Post graduation(MCA) or pursue some certification courses to enhance my career opportunities. Please reply.

Related Questions:
  1. Post graduation in MCA after completing graduation in B.Sc computer science? -- [New]
  2. Is MCA like B.E.(Computer Science)? Details of entrance exam for admission?
  3. Is it beneficial to study MCA after completing S.Y.B.Sc in Computer Science?
  4. How to start a career in Film Writing (Telugu media)?
  5. What to do MCA or MBA after B.Sc in Computer science?
  6. When and how can I obtain NEET form?
  7. Eligibility criteria to pursue M.S. in Computer Science from US having done Graduation and Post Graduation in Arts and MCA from IGNOU?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for MCA course without doing graduation?
  9. Can I do Graduation and MCA at the same time from two different universities?
  10. How can a general category candidate with less than 50% marks do post graduation in MCA?
  11. Post graduation courses for which I am eligible?
  12. How can I do Ph.D in Dravidian university? I've completed msw M.Phil
  13. Career Options available in USA for Indian Dentists? Which course is better for me between Hospital Management and Oral Health Research?
  14. Which better amongst BSc Stats Hons, BSc Computer Science? Which has better opportunities after graduation?
  15. How to apply for admission in CSJM university? I want private admission B.A II year in Kanpur University
  16. What is the scope in BSc computer science field? Which is better after doing BSc computer Science, MCA or MSc? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Can I do Ph.D after BSc and MSc? Which subjects are available for Ph.D after graduation?
  18. How can I do graduation in BSc directly for TYBSc? Is there any way to take admission?
28th November 2015, 10:45 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Post graduation in MCA after completing graduation in B.Sc computer science?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have just passed out as a graduate with B.sc(Comp.sci.) degree, so I am confused whether I should go for the Post graduation(MCA) or pursue some certification courses to enhance my career opportunities. Please reply.
MCA - Master of Computer Application

This is one of the post graduation courses in computer science and can be done in full time and part time. The duration of the course is 3 years consisting of 6 semesters. Now there are some universities such as Anna University which provides Lateral entry program by which the duration of the course is reduced by 1 year.

The educational qualification needed for pursuing MCA course is, candidate should have completed a degree in any stream with at least 60% aggregate and should have completed +2 with mathematics as subject. There is no age limit for doing the course.

To apply for the course there are many entrance exams which are held such as:
  • AIMCET (All India MCA Common Entrance Test)
  • BHU MCA Exam (Banaras Hindu University)
  • JECA Exam
  • JNU Exam (Jawaharlal Nehru University)
  • MHT CET Exam
  • Punjab University Exam
  • NIMCET (National Institute of Technology MCA Common Entrance Test)
  • Pune University Exam
  • LUCSAT Exam (Lucknow University Computer Science Admission Test)
  • RMCAAT (Rajasthan Master of Computer Applications Admission Test)
  • TANCET (Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test)

The top colleges which you can prefer for pursuing MCA course in India are:
  1. Birla Institute of Technology (BIT), Ranchi
  2. Department of Computer Science, University of Delhi
  3. Jawaharlal Nehru University - New Delhi
  4. Hyderabad Central University
  5. National Institute of Technology (NIT), Trichy
  6. National Institute of Technology (NIT) - Surathkal
  7. PSG College of Technology - Coimbatore
  8. NIT- National Institute of Technology, Rourkela
  9. MN National Institute of Technology (NIT) - Allahabad
  10. Vellore Institute Of Technology - Vellore
  11. Manav Rachna International University
28th November 2015, 11:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Post graduation in MCA after completing graduation in B.Sc computer science?

Quote:
After completion of B.Sc in Computer Science, you are eligible for MCA course.

From my point of view, you should go for higher study like MCA course.

MCA stands for Master in Computer Application.

If you have completed graduation degree from a recognized university with above 60% marks then you are eligible for MCA admission but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughout studies.
28th November 2015, 11:46 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Well, it is Important that you must studied Mathematics as a main subject in 12th standard and Graduation level to be eligible for MCA course. Most of the MCA students required Mathematics at Graduation. So, if you have studied Mathematics subject then you are eligible for MCA course. Since, you have completed B.Sc in Computer Science so I suggest you to give preference to MCA instead of Certificate courses. The Job opportunity is very high when compare with other Certificate courses.

MCA Eligibility Criteria:

- Students who have completed Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized with an aggregate of 50% are eligible. Final year Graduation students are eligible to apply.

- Students must studied Mathematics and Computer Science subject at Graduation level.

- Students are required to appear in the admission test conducted by the university in order to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?