4th October 2011, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

How can a general category candidate with less than 50% marks do post graduation in MCA?

hi i am punam chavan.I have done my graduation in computer science.i didnt get 50% marks.There is a condition min 50% marks are compulsary for general catagory to do a MCA.I want to do post graduation in MCA then what should i ?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I do B.Ed course even when scored only 49% marks in Graduation and 48% in Post Graduation?
  2. Admission in LLB course in Mumbai University after scoring 57% in B.Com? Where will I get admission in Mumbai?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for MCA course without doing graduation?
  4. What to do after B.Com to become a College Teacher?
  5. Which all courses should I do after B.Sc to make my future bright?
  6. Can I get admission to study PhD in IGNOU if secured 50% in Post Graduation being a General candidate?
  7. Am I eligible to appear for UGC exam after scoring 46% in graduation and 52% in Post Graduation? I am from General Category
  8. Minimum percentage required to become an IAS officer?
  9. Are the marks of post graduation considered for Openmat exam of IGNOU? What is the criteria for female candidates?
  10. Eligibility for Bank Exams is based on Average marks or Aggregate marks? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Am I eligible to take admission for MCA course after completion of B.Com?
  12. What is the minimum marks required in graduation for getting admission of post graduation course?
  13. Eligibility for IES exam after graduation in Chemistry and Post graduation in Computer Science?
  14. Can I join B.Ed course having scored 48% in Graduation? What is the minimum eligibility criteria required to do B.Ed course after graduation? -- [New]
  15. How to get chance for SET exam after M.Sc Botany?
  16. Am i eligible for CTET with 60% makrs in Post Graduation from IGNOU?
  17. What can I do after completing B.Sc in CS?
  18. Can BE students who have completed post graduation in masters of engineering and management take NET exam?
29th February 2016, 06:36 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: How can a general category candidate with less than 50% marks do post graduation in MCA?

MCA stands for Masters in Computer Applications and it is a post graduation program in the field of computer science studies. It is evident that the basic requirement to take this program up is to be a minimum graduate from a recognized university/college (preferably in B.Sc Computers or BCA) and with over 50%/60% marks in it(depending on the college).

However, in your case since you have not been able to score above 50% and are also a general candidate, the chances for you to take up MCA seem pretty bleak. This is when considering the fact that you would want to take up the post graduation in some reputed college or university like Delhi University.

Please Click Here to check the current eligibility criteria for the MCA course. You may also verify that it has a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate for 10+2+3 education.

But there is no need to be demoralized as there are other ways to accumulating degrees and knowledge. But I would recommend you taking up a job in some MNC and learning hands on work there. This would help you get some experience, which would further increase your market value in the job world.

To appear for the best employability tests that are conducted in India, please do so for AMCAT / eLitmus exams. These are nothing but normal aptitude tests that examine your IQ and give you a score. This common score is used by all companies to shortlist candidates for direct interview and then select them gradually. Kindly visit the links to apply for these exams.

Once you have considerable experience, you can apply for the distance learning programs that are there for MCA. Some of the colleges may still require 50% in your graduation, but it can still be considered if you have some good experience in your career by then.

On a separate note, also note that if you do note already have less than 50% marks in your graduation, it is quite possible that you would find the post graduation even tougher and hence, taking up jobs and learning real time work would be more suggested for you. There is no point in taking up something that you are already not eligible or interested for just for the sake of adding a degree against your name.
14th October 2021, 03:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can a general category candidate with less than 50% marks do post graduation in MCA?

Hii I am arun, I'm a student of B.Sc. chemistry honours from Calcutta university and I have secured 59.5 percent in aggregate and 62.5 percent in my honours paper, am I eligible for mca from DU or nimcet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?