4th January 2015, 09:51 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Indian Police Service exam after completing B.Com?

Respected Sir
I want to join IPS.....I am a B.Com
student studying in final year....
can i go for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE
exam after completing bcom?????

5th January 2015, 10:57 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Police Service exam after completing B.Com?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir
I want to join IPS.....I am a B.Com
student studying in final year....
can i go for INDIAN POLICE SERVICE
exam after completing bcom?????
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam because you are a student of B.Com final year.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Optional subjects:-

Agriculture, Management, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Mathematics, Anthropology, Mechanical Engineering, Botany,Medical Science, Chemistry, Philosophy, Civil Engineering, Physics,Commerce & Accountancy, Political, Science & International Relations, Economics, Psychology, Electrical Engineering , Public,Administration, Geography, Sociology, Geology, Statistics, Indian History, Zoology, Law.

Main subjects:-

Arabic, Gujarati, Manipuri, Sanskrit, Assamese, Hindi, Nepali, Sindhi, Bengali, Kannada, Oriya, Tamil, Chinese, Kashmiri, Pali, Telugu, English, Konkani, Persian, Urdu, French, Marathi, Punjabi, German, Malayalam, Russian.

Selection process for IPS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IPS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
14th April 2015, 05:03 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Indian Police Service exam after completing B.Com?

Yes,you are eligible to apply for Indian Police service exam as you are in the final year of your graduation.

UPSC conducts various exams for civil services, engineering services,defense services and many more every year in India.

UPSC conducts civil services exam in order to recruit personnel to the posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,IRS etc.

The eligibility criteria required for civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate should be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.Final year appearing student can also apply for the exam.

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category.There is relaxation in upper age limit by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The no. of attempts for the exam is 4 times for general category under the creamy layer,7 times for OBC candidates and no limits for SC/ST candidates.

-The exam process involves

*Preliminary Exam

*Main exam

*Personality Interview.
15th April 2015, 10:19 AM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

If you have passed B.Com then you are eligible to apply for Indian Police Service examination because any stream graduate is eligible to apply for IPS examination and candidates pursuing final year/semester examination are also eligible to apply for this exam.

Age also matters and your age should be at least 21 years to apply for this exam and not more than 32 years.

Upper age relaxation will be provided to reserved category applicants that is as per government guidelines, 03 years for OBC and 05 years for SC/ST category candidates and candidates of PH/PWD category are not eligible to apply for this examination.

You should apply for Preliminary Examination and appear for examination. There will be two papers conducted in prelims test which are - General Studies and Civil Service Aptitude test for 200 marks each.

Passing in prelims is necessary to appear for mains examination and in mains exam, you will be required to provide preferences of post you want after final selection and you must choose Indian Police Service as your first priority and submit application form.

Start preparation for mains examination that is consist of seven various papers that you need to pass means qualifying in each paper is obligatory to be eligible for further tests.

After qualifying in mains exam, you will be called for Physical Endurance Test then Medical Test and if you pass both of these stages then only you will be eligible to appear for Personality Test/ Interview Process because it is the last stage and marks secured by you in all these stages will be responsible to be in the merit list and if your marks goes enough to be in merit of IPS Officers then you will be finally selected so you have to prepare well very with hard work for each stage to get such a reputed job.
15th April 2015, 12:08 PM
Ashwakh

After completion of your B.com , you can apply for the IPS exam to become an ips officer.

Before applying for the exam , you should know some details about the ips exam . The details are ,

~ To apply for the exam , your age shouldbe in between 21-30 years if you belong to General category
~ Your age shouldbe in between 21-33 years only , if you belong to OBC Category
~ If you belong to either sc or st category then age shouldbe in between 21-35 years only.
~ You shouldbe a citizen of india
~ You shouldhave done your graduation from any recognised university.

** Maximum number of attempts for the General category candidates = 4
** Maximum number of attempts for the OBC Category candidates = 7
** For sc , st category candidates there is no restriction in number of attempts.
15th April 2015, 05:46 PM
kunalroy89

Yes you are eligible for Police service.The exam is under Civil Services exam and not separate test is conducted.
You should be graduate from any stream to be eligible for the exam.
Age limit is 21-30years for General, 33 for OBC & 35 for SC/ST.
There is limit on number of appearance for Civil services exam-4 for General, 7 for OBC and unlimited within age limit for SC/ST.
Check out details at website of UPSC at www.upsc.gov.in
28th April 2015, 11:28 AM
jayanthisiva123

Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam because you are a student of B.Com final year.IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.
The following coaching centres are best for IPS Exam

Eva Stalin IAS Academy
Indian IAS Academy
Vajiram IAS Academy
Sankar IAS Academy
Synergy
RAU'S
Ganesh IAS Academy
Chanakya IAS Academy
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?