9th February 2016, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for NET exam having qualified TET after graduation?

Sir/maam i have done my graduation exam in zoology honours paper.....at present i am doing govt job in primary school by qualifying tet exam...and also i have completed my post graduation exam in english..so please kindly tell me may i eligible for net exam of 2016

9th February 2016, 05:23 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for NET exam having qualified TET after graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/maam i have done my graduation exam in zoology honours paper.....at present i am doing govt job in primary school by qualifying tet exam...and also i have completed my post graduation exam in english..so please kindly tell me may i eligible for net exam of 2016
You have completed post graduation degree in English so you are eligible for UGC NET exam 2016.

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

The educational qualification required for NET exam is masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks. 5% relaxation is given for SC/ST category candidates. Final year student are also eligible for NET exam.

There is no age criteria for NET exam but for JRF posts, your age should be below 28 years.
9th February 2016, 07:16 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. The entrance examination is conducted by University Grants Commission in June and December. The qualification required for this exam is that you must have completed your final year of post graduation or studying in final year of it.

For post graduate candidates, minimum marks in master's degree required to appear for the exam is 55%. For OBC and SC/ST candidates, it is 50%. You have completed your post graduation in English, you are eligible for exam if you have minimum marks as specified above.

There is no age limit for Lectureship but for Junior Research Fellowship, it is 28 years.
9th February 2016, 07:42 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

The full form of NET is National Eligibility Test.

Eligibility Criteria:

*Master's degree from a UGC recognized university.

*Minimum of 55% marks in post graduation degree.

*Junior Research Fellowship age limit is 28 years.

*No age limit for Lectureship.

It is conducted in June and December. You can apply for NET exam of 2016 if you meet percentage criteria of NET exam.
9th February 2016, 07:58 PM
kantraman

You are eligible for SET,If you have completed your master degree with minimum of 55% marks for general category and 50% for sc/st/obc category.But TET has no concern with SET because TET is applicable upto 10th standared teaching but SET is applicable to college cadre.
9th February 2016, 10:36 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your post graduation hence you are eligible to appear in National Eligibility Test.
Candidate must have secured minimum 50% in post graduation.
Candidates who have completed PHD courses are also eligible to appear in the national eligibility test.
9th February 2016, 10:59 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.
It is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education from 2015 and earlier by University Grant Commission(NET).
It is conducted for Assistant Lecturer and Junior Research Fellowship. Also NET score can be used for P.Hd in some colleges.
Eligibility to appear in NET examination are
-Candidate must have completed Masters degree with more than 55% from recognized university
-Upper age limit for JRF is 28 years while for Assistant Lecturer, there is no upper age limit.

Candidate should appear in NET examination only in the subject with which they have completed post-graduation.

Yes, you can appear for NET 2016 as you fulfill the eligibility criteria but if you have attained the age of 28 years then you will only appear for Assistant Lecturer and if not then for both JRF and Assistant Lecturer.
10th February 2016, 11:25 AM
sarika1993

Yes. You are eligible to apply for NET as you have passed your post-graduation. NET is conducted by UGC to award JRF and Lectuership.

Eligibility
- You must have completed post-gradiation with atleast 55% for general and 50% for reserved categories.
- Age limit is 28 years for JRF and No age limit for Lecturership.

NET 2016 Dates
- Application Online Starts From : April , 2016
- Last Date to Apply : May , 2016
- NET 2016 conducted : June , 2016
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?