7th October 2012, 12:01 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Pilot Training course after completion of B.Tech?

sir, my name is abhi and iam doing btech-ece. Is i am eligible for pilot training course after completion of btech.sir please guide me to this mail [email protected]

13th October 2012, 02:22 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for Pilot Training course after completion of B.Tech?

i m a student of b.tech electrical ,can i do m.tech in aerospace.
21st December 2012, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

sir iam doing btec can i join piolet course after my btec but my 12th mark is low
6th February 2013, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

i completed my b.tech in ece wid 69%,i completed my 12 standard wid 81.5%,but i want join in mining engineering is it possible ami
7th February 2013, 01:15 AM
rakesh6051

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir, my name is abhi and iam doing btech-ece. Is i am eligible for pilot training course after completion of btech.sir please guide me to this mail [email protected]
Hii abhi!!!!pilot requirements are:

1.you should have lower age limit 16 and upper age limit not exceeding 24.
2.you must effectively read,write and speak english,
3.you should be medically fit(i.e)clear vision without using glasses,height not less than 170cm,should not possess colour blindness.

Hope you got the information,which you have been waiting for.....all the best
22nd August 2013, 04:46 PM
Unregistered

Dear Sir.
BTech Degrre is valid or not from KSOU. Everyone is saying this degree is not valid so what is correct. Please reply me soon
22nd August 2013, 09:13 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

There was no need to do Bachelor of Technology if you wanted to become commercial pilot. You could have started the training right after completing 12th standard. There was no need to complete graduation.

You can apply for the pilot course however please remember that it is quite an expensive course. It is going to cost you more than Rs 15 Lakh to become commercial pilot. You should be ready to spend this kind of money before applying for the course.

Eligibility

1. Must have finished 12th standard.

2. Subjects should be Physics, Chemistry and Maths.

3. At least 50 percent marks in 12th.

4. Age limit is 18 to 30 years.

5. Your height should be at least 5 feet.

6. 6/6 vision is required to become pilot.

7. You can wear eyeglasses but contact lens and lasik operation are not allowed.

8. Should not have fear of heights.

Procedure

Student’s Pilot Licence - This licence is generally obtained after completing 10th standard. You should apply for it as soon as possible. You only have to clear a mathematics based test. The test is related to various aspects of aircraft. You have to score 75% marks to clear it.

Private Pilot Licence - To apply for this licence you must have completed 12th. You can complete graduation and then apply for it. For this licence you will have to get flying lessons. There will be flying instructor to train you. The requirement is 40 hours of flying experience with instructor and 20 hours of solo flying. Besides you will have to give written test by DGCA.

Commercial Pilot Licence - This is the most expensive part. You will have to get 240 hours of solo flying experience and then complete various written tests by DGCA. In the end you will go through medical test. The team of doctors will be assigned by the DGCA.
24th August 2013, 02:03 AM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
dear aspirant

as you want to be a pilot you could have gone for it after class 12th only , but now as you are pursuing b.tech it will add a additional degree in your profile,
you could have gone after 12th only,

pilot training is a costly course bbut after training you will be easily recovering your cost through your salary,

eligibility for pilot :
must be minimum 12th pass from a recognized board

must be passed with minimum 50% in 12th

must have studied physics, maths and chemistry

age limit is 18 to 28 years

eye sight should be 6/6 , eyeglasses allowed for defective eye

should not have any fear of heights

process to be a pilot :

first you will have to obtain STUDENT'S PILOT LICENSE by passing a mathematics based exam by scoring minimum 75% in the exam

2nd stage is obtaining PRIVATE PILOT LICENSE by 40 hours flying experience with the instructor and 20 hours solo

3rd stage is obtaining COMMERCIAL PILOT LICENSE by flying 240 hours solo experience , and by passing tests by DGCA , you will have to pass a medical test and you will be a commercial pilot

all the best
17th May 2014, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir, my name is Pallavi Kumari and i'm studying in 12th standard. I want to do pilot training after completing my b.tech course in aerospace engineering . Would i be eligible for the training.What would be the procedures i have to follow before starting the pilot course? Kindly please answer it soon .
6th September 2014, 02:14 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i am studying 12th and i want to become a commercial pilot! I've heard that most airlines prefer a pilot with a four year college degree ! Is that true ? Should i do B.tech or directly join after completion if my 12th ? Guide me, waiting for your reply! :)
18th May 2015, 12:26 AM
Unregistered

I just wanted to ask that,which is better? First doing B.tec in aerospace engineering and then pilot training course or directly pilot training after class 12.
11th November 2016, 10:51 PM
flyinginflorida

Cool Re: Am I eligible for Pilot Training course after completion of B.Tech?

Flight training in the USA the only legal requirement is age (minimum 17) and being able to pass your FAA medical exam. Several schools have additional grade or diploma requirements but those are their own, not the FAA's. Ideally, I would say do you pilot training first and also complete your flight instructor ratings because you can accomplish it all in only 1 year! Then you could start working as a flight instructor making money while building hours to qualify for an airline job. You could then start your B.tech degree but be setup to still be working towards airline minimum hour and experience requirements, while making money, and completing your degree. The flight school I train at is in New Smyrna, Florida and this is the career path I am currently doing. I finished my PPL in 4 months, IR in 2 months and am working on my CPL now :-)
14th April 2017, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm suman (female) doing my b.tech in civil engg. I want to go for pilot courses after my degree so which institute will be good for in India or outside India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?